Move To Legalize Marijuana In California Sparks Fears About Drop In Prices

Even if the proposition in CA passes, you will not want to grow weed outdoors. The DEA will then do in CA what they have been doing for years in South America and that is fly crop dusters with poison to kill the crops.

I read this in an article...

"The bill as written, would create a medical marijuana licensing authority under the state health department to regulate all licensing pertaining to the state's medical marijuana industry."

"The new licensing authority would control the cultivation, distribution, and sale of medical marijuana in Colorado, according to the bill"

Check out the house bill 1284 guys, especially cardholders, and supporters in general..

As usual, there are some "unconstitutional" aspects of this bill.... There are also some decent parts of the bill. Gotta read the rest of it myself and base my opinion haha... This is gettin crazzzzy. How's everyone doin tonight?

It very well could stay or go up. it depends how bad the politicians and law makers screww up the taxation and regulation, but i would like to see people not only grow in a 25 sq ft area and get a yield that will last. i would like to see the average person try and grow successfully. its not like the weeds in your back yard. supply and demand for good bud will be set by the growers for a while im sure.

Should end up like wine or beer: Everyone is allowed to produce a small amount for personal consumption and that is untaxed. Larger operations (aka "commercial") are taxed quite a bit as the person has the option to not consume or to produce their own instead of purchasing - but they can walk into any 7-11 in the country and pick up a supply for the weekend.

I am glad there are people like you who can articulate so clearly what I want to say. I couldn't have said it better and you even covered some points I hadn't thought about before. I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly. My sorrow is knowing that simply because it is such a logical, sensible, intelligent way to handle the matter, it will never happen. But I hold out hope that we may be able to at least get close to something like that.

Btw...this is responding to Tortured Souls' proposal. I wish the bills would be that straightforward with their wording so we could know what they say without worrying how some lawyer might twist it.

Here's my opinion on this all....

What do you guys think will happen to the prices on grow equipment... seeds... clones.. and the overall price on marijuana if it were to get legalized??

I'm assuming that all the prices will skyrocket up for a second... and then drop down unbelievably low, making it almost impossible to turn a profit on growing it.

Im sure that once its been around for a second and becomes more socially accepted that the big corporations will take over it, just like the big alcohol companies like Budweiser and Miller.

I read something a while back about some marijuana activist named Marc Emery that was selling seeds to the US and the US tried to extradite him to the US to be tried for it. Anyway.. Marc spoke in a documentary about something along the lines of lifting the penalties and consequences of marijuana use and sells in the US, but not making them legal. Decriminalization. So marijuana wouldnt be legal, and it wouldnt be illegal. It would probably just be frowned upon by society, but you can still do it if you chose to. He explained that doing that would keep marijuana out of the large corporations hands and prevent them from taking over it, with all of there millions in marketing and what not, while still allowing you and I as growers to continue as we are, possibly making a living off of it, while employing others to help cultivate it... and at the same time no one goes to jail or gets harassed for it.

I know everyone has there own views and there own reasons... but when I read that, it sounded like a pretty good solution to me. You dont make it illegal, so people wont be persecuted for it..... and you dont make it legal, so corporate America cant take it over and get richer than what they already are. I dont know about everyone else, but I rather enjoy making a few bucks off of what I grow. But then on the negative side of that... there's people that seriously need marijuana, that cant afford it. I say throw it in its own category, between legal and illegal... tons of people will begin to grow it, increasing supply and therefor dropping its value due to competition. Weed prices then become affordable, the small time growers can still afford to do what they love, and no one goes to jail over it.

I dont know about everyone else, but that sounds good to me. Its happening already with medical weed. Just look at LA county. They have over 500 collectives/dispensaries/co-ops, etc. and look how much the price has dropped there. I can go to LA and pick up an 8th of some top shelf weed for $40 bucks. In the Inland Empire your paying $60 per 8th on average because the supply is so short here. You go to other states that has stricter rules and you can be paying double that.

So Im all about Decriminalization, over legalization. Large corporations are the money hungry ones. So if everyone is so against people profiting from Marijuana sells then you might want to think about the major corporations that are going to spend millions in advertising to create monopolies over marijuana sells. Once its legalized, its only a matter of time before Corporate America gets a good grip on it and then they influence the government to make some new regulations, allowing them to have complete control over the price and production of it. Look at alcohol. Sure... you can brew your own beer, but if you get caught selling it without a proper license, your going to jail. In case certain people dont know, you have to have a beer license to sell beer and a liquor licenses to sell hard alcohol. Its almost impossible to get a liquor license. I had a buddy that owned a bar. It caught on fire and burned to the ground. He ended up selling his Liquor license alone for $45,000. There's a limited number of licenses per city. The city and government said that these licenses were used to control the amount of bars that open up per city, but thats bullsh*t. Thats what zoning regulations are for.

So large corporations will take this over if the law is passed. I read a lot of people complaining about money hungry people here in this forum... and telling those people to eat sh*t and then referring to the legalization of marijuana, like "hahaha.." But the facts are... legalization is just going to make the rich, richer and the poor, poorer by putting little growers like you and i out of business and putting it in the hands of corporate America.

Sorry... thats just my two cents. lol. I dont mean to offend anyone with this... this is just my opinion and thats it.

I saw drop in price feared,what a great problem to have-GETTIN CLOSE.
HPIM2031_.jpg

X-TRA CASH

420 Magazine
4821 Lankershim Blvd. # F420
North Hollywood, CA 91601

Thx for your Support
Spike - Sadie

Here's my opinion on this all....

What do you guys think will happen to the prices on grow equipment... seeds... clones.. and the overall price on marijuana if it were to get legalized??

I'm assuming that all the prices will skyrocket up for a second... and then drop down unbelievably low, making it almost impossible to turn a profit on growing it.

Im sure that once its been around for a second and becomes more socially accepted that the big corporations will take over it, just like the big alcohol companies like Budweiser and Miller.

I read something a while back about some marijuana activist named Marc Emery that was selling seeds to the US and the US tried to extradite him to the US to be tried for it. Anyway.. Marc spoke in a documentary about something along the lines of lifting the penalties and consequences of marijuana use and sells in the US, but not making them legal. Decriminalization. So marijuana wouldnt be legal, and it wouldnt be illegal. It would probably just be frowned upon by society, but you can still do it if you chose to. He explained that doing that would keep marijuana out of the large corporations hands and prevent them from taking over it, with all of there millions in marketing and what not, while still allowing you and I as growers to continue as we are, possibly making a living off of it, while employing others to help cultivate it... and at the same time no one goes to jail or gets harassed for it.

I know everyone has there own views and there own reasons... but when I read that, it sounded like a pretty good solution to me. You dont make it illegal, so people wont be persecuted for it..... and you dont make it legal, so corporate America cant take it over and get richer than what they already are. I dont know about everyone else, but I rather enjoy making a few bucks off of what I grow. But then on the negative side of that... there's people that seriously need marijuana, that cant afford it. I say throw it in its own category, between legal and illegal... tons of people will begin to grow it, increasing supply and therefor dropping its value due to competition. Weed prices then become affordable, the small time growers can still afford to do what they love, and no one goes to jail over it.

I dont know about everyone else, but that sounds good to me. Its happening already with medical weed. Just look at LA county. They have over 500 collectives/dispensaries/co-ops, etc. and look how much the price has dropped there. I can go to LA and pick up an 8th of some top shelf weed for $40 bucks. In the Inland Empire your paying $60 per 8th on average because the supply is so short here. You go to other states that has stricter rules and you can be paying double that.

So Im all about Decriminalization, over legalization. Large corporations are the money hungry ones. So if everyone is so against people profiting from Marijuana sells then you might want to think about the major corporations that are going to spend millions in advertising to create monopolies over marijuana sells. Once its legalized, its only a matter of time before Corporate America gets a good grip on it and then they influence the government to make some new regulations, allowing them to have complete control over the price and production of it. Look at alcohol. Sure... you can brew your own beer, but if you get caught selling it without a proper license, your going to jail. In case certain people dont know, you have to have a beer license to sell beer and a liquor licenses to sell hard alcohol. Its almost impossible to get a liquor license. I had a buddy that owned a bar. It caught on fire and burned to the ground. He ended up selling his Liquor license alone for $45,000. There's a limited number of licenses per city. The city and government said that these licenses were used to control the amount of bars that open up per city, but thats bullsh*t. Thats what zoning regulations are for.

So large corporations will take this over if the law is passed. I read a lot of people complaining about money hungry people here in this forum... and telling those people to eat sh*t and then referring to the legalization of marijuana, like "hahaha.." But the facts are... legalization is just going to make the rich, richer and the poor, poorer by putting little growers like you and i out of business and putting it in the hands of corporate America.

Sorry... thats just my two cents. lol. I dont mean to offend anyone with this... this is just my opinion and thats it.

Your spot on with this argument. Corporate America relys on the tax payer to bail them out but then these corporations make all these huge profits and dont show nothing back. Goes to show the greed the US companies has. These companies are more than just corporate america they are the backbone of the financial world. They are the elite who control a majority of the things that happen in todays world. The elite world bankers would capitalize on legalization and dumb down the potency of Weed. In Mass it is decriminalized for anything less than an ounce and then your fined. They should make it so growers like us would have to buy a growers permit and put a cap on the MAX amount of plants we could grow. I am sure many people would buy a growers permit. Then if you grow you should get back the taxes on the money you waste with your electric company. Decriminalization would be the best way to go because they will not worry about taxing it. Process should be to get a growers permit and pay a annual fee to grow your personal buds legally. Sure would help the water levels go down i am sure if decriminalization was nationwide.

Your spot on with this argument. Corporate America relys on the tax payer to bail them out but then these corporations make all these huge profits and dont show nothing back. Goes to show the greed the US companies has. These companies are more than just corporate america they are the backbone of the financial world. They are the elite who control a majority of the things that happen in todays world. The elite world bankers would capitalize on legalization and dumb down the potency of Weed. In Mass it is decriminalized for anything less than an ounce and then your fined. They should make it so growers like us would have to buy a growers permit and put a cap on the MAX amount of plants we could grow. I am sure many people would buy a growers permit. Then if you grow you should get back the taxes on the money you waste with your electric company. Decriminalization would be the best way to go because they will not worry about taxing it. Process should be to get a growers permit and pay a annual fee to grow your personal buds legally. Sure would help the water levels go down i am sure if decriminalization was nationwide.

I think you are both right but I don't believe it will go that way. I think legalization will be like gas and alcohol, the big corporations will mass produce it and it will have a hefty govt. tax but you should still be free to grow your own, just like people make bio diesel or brew their own beer or make wine. It won't be good for people trying to make money growing but I think it would be worth it to not have to worry about breaking the law. Of course I would rather see the small time grower reap the benefits but just don't see it. As long as it's legal and we are free to grow it I will be satisfied, and would certainly buy a permit if that is required. :peace:

Yes sir... corporate america will win! We will buy our weed at pennies on the dollar while the corporate world will get rich off of it. That is the ultimate goal.

Yes sir... corporate america will win! We will buy our weed at pennies on the dollar while the corporate world will get rich off of it. That is the ultimate goal.

Considering the actual cost involved in cannabis production, I think that could be better rephrased as "dollars on the penny."

Anyone read about alcohol prohibition and how fast the "giants" stepped in as soon as it was lifted, almost like magic - or as if they had everything in place and ready to go the moment prohibition ended?

I have to wonder how many entities have done the same preparation in regards to cannabis. Not just individuals but the large corporate entities such as the giants in the alcohol, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical industry. The government may be hoping to glean some $$$ from the eventual legalization of cannabis - but I guarantee that more than one business already has everything planned out to do so.

Hey Rob, why don't you form a paper corporation and issue all of us each a single share. And about 500X more printed but un-issued that you can hold onto for sale when the day comes? That way we could all tell our grandchildren that we had a(n infinitesimal) part in it, lol.

A few greedy fuckers need to find a new way to make a quck buck and for each of these people fearing a drop in price there are 100's looking forward to a possible drop along with less hassles.

Quite funny...We complain about the high dollar costs of "medical" marijuana but accept Big Pharma's astronomical pill prices. Most of us couldnt begin to afford "legitimate" prescription drug prices if it werent for HMO's and other Health Care insurance plans. Oh yea, let's not forget to include what we pay for these health insurance premiums just so we can afford Big Pharma prescriptions.

We only want to slay the dragons we can see. We have endless discussions about how the growers are getting fat, prices are unfair etc. However, no one wants to talk about how supposedly legitimate dispensaries are right there, along with the growers, driving prices even higher and legally I might add, and all in the name of medicine. We also object to the toll and effects Big Pharma products have on our mind and bodies but oddly, no one goes knocking on Big Pharma's door complaining about pricing. Rather, we find it easier and more convenient to beat up on the lowly medicinal grower who's prices, incidentally are where they are because the government claimed way back when, the product to be dangerous and therefore illegal. Lest us not forget there are those being arrested and incarcerated for growing medicine today and there will be more tomorrow and the day after. Can we really look them in the eye and still tell them their prices are too high. Hello?

No one blamed or crucified the bootlegger during prohibition for outlandish pricing. If the consumer chose to partake, they just simply paid the price. Perhaps, if legalization comes around, the prices will drop dramatically or maybe they won't. But to chastise the grower for existing high prices born out of a time when it was and mostly still is, illegal to grow, is being extremely short sided. Dont blame the grower, blame your government...

Yea, I can remember when a lid was 10.00 bucks but I can also remember when gas was 55 cents. And your point is? :peace:MF

It is illegal to profit from the sale of marijuana but that does not stop dispensaries from doing it. If you want pills you can get an insurance card or go to a pharmacy that offers $5 rx's. Prescription drugs cost less than marijuana. I don't blame the farmer I blame the dispensaries. I am asking all marijuana dispensaries to post a copy of their tax returns.
Grow your own and boycott dispensaries. You can get lower prices on marijuana from delivery services.

Back
Top Bottom