Moving to the hydro!

Autofacade

Right guys and gals!
I need a hole heap of help!
I'm looking into DWC but it's starting to make my head spin on the set up and maintenance, the nutrients looks pretty easy in all fairness.

So my set up so far. 12 plants in 2mx2.4m by 2m high.
3x glookies
3x blueberry of
6x strawberry diesel
2, 1000w hps lights
A fan in and out
Oscillating fans at the ready.

My big questions are:
1. Best nutrients for the job, flora, foxfarm, advanced nutrients. And all of them is it only grow micro and bloom. Or is it worth the little Add-ons aswell.
2. Do you need the water to be chilled
3. Best type of DWC system
4. What sort of maintenance does this system require.

Any help would be great if you know any threads of someone making a complete grow from scratch etc would be great also.

I use GH Flora Trio, hydroguard and z7, both for enzymes and goopy preventing

I use 3 or 5 gal black buckets. Must be light proof
Had light leaks in a grey tub...faught it for weeks till I figured out why, was light leaks

Rezz changes weekly

I don't chill and live on the surface of the son

Right guys and gals!
I need a hole heap of help!
I'm looking into DWC but it's starting to make my head spin on the set up and maintenance, the nutrients looks pretty easy in all fairness.

So my set up so far. 12 plants in 2mx2.4m by 2m high.
3x glookies
3x blueberry of
6x strawberry diesel
2, 1000w hps lights
A fan in and out
Oscillating fans at the ready.

My big questions are:
1. Best nutrients for the job, flora, foxfarm, advanced nutrients. And all of them is it only grow micro and bloom. Or is it worth the little Add-ons aswell.
2. Do you need the water to be chilled
3. Best type of DWC system
4. What sort of maintenance does this system require.

Any help would be great if you know any threads of someone making a complete grow from scratch etc would be great also.

how much work are you planning on doing?
4x8 is a lot of water to change

have you considered a ebb and flow table set up?
one res, arguably better results
and you dont have to figure out what to do with a plant when you do water changes

Challenge with one rezz and 3 diff strains....what if they need different strength nutes

Why I use single buckets
ya, I guess you could maybe do two tables but that still isnt much variety for sure

You may have to cut your plant count in half that seem tight 12 plants in that small of an area especially dwc

Nutrients there all about the same actually I use advanced but have used others with the same results I'm running some of the gh maxi series now in a little side by side with same strain other than a few yellow leaves here and there there's no day and night difrence

Don't need to be chilled if you use hydroguard or similar product that's all I ever used so not sure what else is good

Best type ??? With your height 2m should be looking at 3 gal buckets will get you a little extra room but you will have to water more often just throw a airstone in a bucket and grow

Now the most important thing maintenance regular water changes give your buckets a good wipe out while your doing that and you are good to go

Check out rifleman he did a nice how to dwc that's the way I do it now and use less nutrients and forgot what root rot smells like

Back
Top Bottom