Scrog and DWC, like chalk and cheese?

Autofacade

So looking at going all in with the dwc really looking forward to it and have seen many people scrog..... but is this some sort of trickery, black magic? Cos I cant get my head round it.

How on earth you set up scrog and then get in to clean your buckets out etc. I get I can do a connected system with a reservoir but still how you get in there to clean your buckets once a week? Any ideas guys? I'm limited to height at 2m aswell

I haven’t ran a scrog setup yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But my plan for doing this, when I do, is to do it with just regular DWC so no recirculating system involved. I plan on raising my buckets high enough so I could just switch out the dirty bucket with a clean one. Just hold the lid up and slide one bucket out and the clean bucket that’s prepped with water and nutrients and slide that one in. You will have to top and train the hell out of it with the limited height space but I think it could be done depending on your setup. Like I said I’ve never tried this type of run yet, just how I’ve thought it through off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s countless threads on here about this exact type of setup so just do some researching and you’ll figure it out. Although my knowledge of scrog is very limited, I’m here to help if you have any questions. Good luck.

Hi, once you put the net over top and start weaving the leaves in, just drain with pump or through the level tube, then pump or pour the fresh nuts in by sliding the top hat over the rim of the bucket a bit. No bucket cleaning required, make sure your using hydrogaurd or z7 to keep the roots healthy. May be other ways but that's how I have done it with no problems yet.... knock on wood. Good luck with what ever you decide to try, maybe more members will post how they manage this.

So looking at going all in with the dwc really looking forward to it and have seen many people scrog..... but is this some sort of trickery, black magic? Cos I cant get my head round it.

How on earth you set up scrog and then get in to clean your buckets out etc. I get I can do a connected system with a reservoir but still how you get in there to clean your buckets once a week? Any ideas guys? I'm limited to height at 2m aswell

This is why folks double up and add a res. Ease of maintenance. You can add drains and fills to buckets and all that, and people do so with good success. Then the rest end up with some type of RDWC and don't mess with it.

I was thinking along the lines of @SimpleManZ420 but this a rachel like set up to winch the scrog and all plants up but from I can see with @1ne eye buckets dont need cleaning etc that's spot on! How often are you changing the water out of the bucket with that system?

@multiVortex I really wanted to work with a Reservoir and recurculate but I want to do more than 1 strain so it's not the best idea cheers for the input though!

Also to question to you all what nutes you using?

Hello buddy.

I'm currently on my first ever hydro dwc at the moment using a Bubble pot and what I have learnt is always use a few cleaner like Z7 1me eye mentioned or similar products.

One thing I'm doing is making a separate reservoir to fit to my two pots because trying to clean and fill them is quite a nightmare of you run a low canopy.

I'm currently using the Remo Nutrients Supercharge Kit and it's going great, cheap kit and everything you need to grow.

the reason I'm connecting a separate reservoir is because of my back mostly but it will be far easier to manage and adjust ph and nutrients and plus I'm adding a water chiller too.

If you want to follow my Hydro journal at the moment your more than welcome as I'm learning with people as the grow goes.

I was thinking along the lines of @SimpleManZ420 but this a rachel like set up to winch the scrog and all plants up but from I can see with @1ne eye buckets dont need cleaning etc that's spot on! How often are you changing the water out of the bucket with that system?

@multiVortex I really wanted to work with a Reservoir and recurculate but I want to do more than 1 strain so it's not the best idea cheers for the input though!

I change out my nutes every week, and top up with ro water during the week when needed. I'm using AN nuts.

I really wanted to work with a Reservoir and recurculate but I want to do more than 1 strain so it's not the best idea cheers for the input though!

How many plants are we talking?

Res options:
2? Add a 2nd res bucket to each.
4? Add a res bucket per 2 plant buckets.

I'll be doing multiple strains in my new RDWC setup. Specifically, 4 strains.

Mega Crop

Back
Top Bottom