Mr.GrowitAll- GREENHOUSE SEED CO. SATIVA/INDICA COLORED MIX A/LOWRIDER 2 x AK-47-2009

Re: Mr.GrowitAll- GREENHOUSE SEED CO. SATIVA/INDICA COLORED MIX A/LOWRIDER 2 x AK-47-

im not worried about any of those things, im just impatient to gt them started.

i ordered my seeds in 2 batches because i didn't have enough dough to do it all at once.
i have my Snowryder (feminized autoflowers) and germinated 5/10 on the 26th. by the 29th, all seeds had cracked and were put in RW. i startred the other 5 last friday, on the 4th. i wont be home untill tomorrow, so im hoping i get home to see some nice seedlings.

i have 4 more strains on their way in the mail. ive been waiting over a week now, but they usually take at least 2 weeks to get to me, so they will be here this week if im lucky, next if im not. i just let them send it the default way.

Re: Mr.GrowitAll- GREENHOUSE SEED CO. SATIVA/INDICA COLORED MIX A/LOWRIDER 2 x AK-47-

sounds like a plan. nice choice of beans. will you be doing some breeding with the AF? Yes the times differ but longest wait was 15 days but they made it here in 7 last time. we'll see. Yea i dont think its worth the extra money for the shipping either. well im about to go see how the volks garden is treating you.. peace bro

yeah, i got nothing in the volks yet. . . another week.

but you can see all the strains i ordered and the germinated seeds waiting to go in.

i'm pretty optimistic about this turn.

new grows always feel like christmas morning to me, i love this part.

ok.. well i will be doin a 6 plant aero system that i put together from pan's guide to aeroponics. somthing diffrent ya know? soil is kinda boring, i want to be more involved. I bet you are pretty excited, it feels better than christmas morining to me. can you fit around a thousand clones in that thing or what?? did you just empty the volks not to long ago?

Looking good, Mr G!
I have a stretching problem too. My plants are reaching past my light! I started topping one since it's early in flowering. I like to use topping, because it's easy and it causes the bottom branches to catch up with the top. This forms a more bushy plant with a more even canopy. The plants recover and respond quickly and well. Cannabis is tough! Good luck!

Thanks tricome, My streching is starting to get out of hand. Im having to move the lights up everyday. and im using fishing line to support the Haze from falling over. Dosent topping also make 2 big colas up top, insted of 1? Im glad to have you along for the ride. take care bro.

Yea, my light is all the way up and I can't move the floor down. lol
Yes, it does make two main tops. That's how I made my twin peaks!
Here's an example on one of my veg plants. The square is an older topping and the circles are from 2 days ago.
topping.JPG

Maybe I'll get a quad top! lol

haha I heard that brother. so you top during the veg stage. I think im too late already 3 weeks into flowering. I will top the clones at 1 week into flower to get me some twin peaks also. how old is that plant BTW? im going to check out the journal now.:ganjamon:

Ha, I'm not even sure how old it is. Too old! That's why I had to top it. I have 3 waiting in line to get into the flower room. You can top flowering plants, just as long as it's early into flowering. I just topped one in flower. The funny thing is that I topped some of the lower branches since it had been topped in veg.

GIA,

you certainly COULD top in flower, but i wouldnt.

topping has effects on the pplants hormones, esp. flowering hormones. I think you will lengthen your flower cycle a couple of weeks as well as diminish yield if you top in flower. not a good idea IMO.

topping in veg works very nicely though (also IMO). I grew 3 strawberry coughs in dirt and pulled nearly 300 grams topping them multiple times in veg. i used 400 w hps and 250 mh for that grow, so thats fairly average yield. i was happy with it.

Ha, I'm not even sure how old it is. Too old! That's why I had to top it. I have 3 waiting in line to get into the flower room. You can top flowering plants, just as long as it's early into flowering. I just topped one in flower. The funny thing is that I topped some of the lower branches since it had been topped in veg.

Ha, my flowering room is starting to get full. I have a walk in closet downstairs that might have to be converted. I seen a guy have good results topping after the first week. do you think my Lemon skunk is in shock right now because i took about 10 clones from her. then threw it into flower.

GIA,

you certainly COULD top in flower, but i wouldnt.

topping has effects on the pplants hormones, esp. flowering hormones. I think you will lengthen your flower cycle a couple of weeks as well as diminish yield if you top in flower. not a good idea IMO.

topping in veg works very nicely though (also IMO). I grew 3 strawberry coughs in dirt and pulled nearly 300 grams topping them multiple times in veg. i used 400 w hps and 250 mh for that grow, so thats fairly average yield. i was happy with it.

I was thinking the same, like it will have to recover from the injury before it puts all its energy into flowering. I am taking your advice, they are already to far gone to mess with. I will most deffiently top the clones when they are ready. they have been in rockwool for 8 days and still no roots? is there a problem?? I want to pull it up and check. wow 300 grams seems like a pretty sweet haul. with rent, and car insurance im still saving up for the decent hps and grow tent. when is the best time to top in veg? thanks wheelo:smokin:

Yea, Wheel's right. Topping is really for veg. You don't really want to top in flower, unless you have to. Then it's best to do it early. Topping in veg helps keep from having to top in flower and disrupt bud formation. My problem is that I started plant too early and they are stuck in veg too long. I wish I had more space! Thanx for correcting me and explaining it better, Wheel. Had a few last night, ha ha ha!;)

how old should the plant be in veg before you do it? or is it up to the grower?

i wouldn't top anything smaller than 12". but its really up to you, you can do almost anything you want, just gonna take longer each time you top. I also would top at latest two weeks before going into flower to give them time to recover.

when i filled my wheel last time, i was kinda pressed for plants, so i took some sub-standard clones from plants that were definately losing vigor. It took the clones 4 weeks to show any roots out of the cube, def not optimal. . . but workable when i needed it to be.

i wouldn't worry about your clones as long as they look healthy from the top.

also like tricome was inferring, you can do what ever you need to when your desperate. . . like if your top was growing up into the light and was burning, and you can't move the light, better to top it than start a fire. lol. it would still bud nicely on the bottom. just hurt yield.

thanks for the info wheelo. I will use it all.

kinda tired now will update with pics later on.

thanks but im not interested. I have enough on my hands already.:peace:

thanks for responding fluroman. could it possibly be because it was use to the dome? its only about 46%RH in the room. would it be a good idea to just take the dome off all the clones now that they are a little more established? the one in dirt is looking ok, i watered it really good again today. i will post pics with tomorrows update. take it easy fluroman..

Whats up everyone!! Its been awhile since my last update, because i have been doing alot to prepare for my next grow getting supplies in order and so on. I picked up a 150w hps to compliment my 2 4ft fluro fixtures. (It came with my aeroponic system) I think the closet has enough light for now. my Gigabud reached 4.3ft and after 7 days of drying went from like an oz to about a half. I think now that i have the hps the plants still going will be alot thicker 5 weeks from now. The Hawaiian Snow wasnt looking to good and i got tired of looking at it so i made 8 clones and destroyed her. they all seem to be doing well. Lemon Skunk was topped 2 a week or so into flower and looks to have 3 main colas comin in. after all the cloning and stuff she was kinda stressed and the leaves started to curl and get really skinny. i cut back the nutes on her, and all new growth looks good. she should be ready in about 5 weeks also. 3 Lemon Skunk clones rooted and have been transplanted to 3 gallon pots.
Arjans Strawberry Haze is pretty amazing, with about a month to go, it looks like im gonna get a pretty nice yeild. I have a shitload of buds all over and a really tight top cola. Great White Shark is also looking really nice and dense its been really good to me. (not a yellow leaf yet.) and its just covered with buds. I m really looking forward to it. Well i guess thats about it for this time. but I have a aeroponics grow i will be starting tomorrow or the next day. Really sweet strains picked out, so look out for it. thanks for checking out the grow. here are a few pics.
New Air Cooled HPS(16,000 lumens)..:ganjamon:
Picture_139.jpg

Gigabud: After a week of drying..
Picture_1352.jpg

Arjans Strawberry Haze: 7 weeks in flower 4 to go.:cheer:
Picture_137.jpg

Picture_138.jpg

Lemon Skunk: Little droopy after clones and topping, but looking beter everyday. should be a really nice yeild also.
Picture_1411.jpg

2 of 3 Lemon Skunk clones: looking pretty good, trying to keep em' moist.
Picture_140.jpg

Great White Skark: 5 weeks to go. I cant wait.
Picture_142.jpg

rsz_picture_143.jpg

Groupshot: had to kill some lights to get a pic.
Picture_1442.jpg

Thanks Again..:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom