Sabrisi's First Grow: Lowrider 2 Soil Grow

Sabrisi

:welcome:

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster... hopefully that changes in the upcoming future. This is my first grow, but to be honest I have read so many journals it honestly doesn't feel that way. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't embarrass myself on here so its nearing the end of my first grow, but don't worry I have 4 Church's just peeking their heads up for my next grow. I am thinking i'll SCROG them, but who knows. I currently have 3 feminized Easyrider (Auto AK47 X Lowrider #2) from the joint doctor, that were purchased from attitude. They were germinated on September 15, 2010 and have a little over 2 weeks left on them. I had 5 seeds and 4 sprouted, but only 3 will be worth harvesting. Amazingly they all look different. One is very small and refuses to fill out. The other two that share a pot are very different. One of the girls is perfect. one main cola and 2 very small side branches. The other is twice as tall as her sister and had to be marginally LST'd to prevent her from towering over the other two. her side branches are almost as tall as the sister plant. both of these girls have very dense buds, and are literally covered in trics. so much so that even the stems and fan leaves have some on them. amazing. I cant touch them w/ out using surgical gloves.

my set up is (hopefully I can remember everything) is:

Secret Jardin DR80
Lumatek digital ballast
Hortilux super HPS bulb (400 watt)
Air cooled grow light reflector (hindsight this is way too big for my DR80)
HTG Supply 2 Foot 2 Lamp PL-55 Tek Lamp (for veg)
S&P TD100X fan hooked to a small carbon filter
Full line of Earth Juice Nutes (Catalyst, microblast, bloom, grow, and meta-k)
Medium is FF ocean forest w/ 2 bags of perlite mixed together.

Little bit about the grow, I kept the ladies under the T-5 until they stopped their stretch and put them under the HPS. now granted I know I could have left them under the T5 for the entire duration, but decided more trics outweighed a cheaper energy bill any day of the week. I kept them at 20/4 (website states can keep them at 20/4 entire life cycle) for the first 6 weeks of their life but have a Pyramid seeds NL that is about 5 weeks into veg and stabilized the light cycle in the tent to 12/12 as going to throw in the NL in the closet this weekend. Figured the reduction in light wouldnt hurt the autos anyway.

My feeding schedule follows the schedule outlined on this site somewhere couldnt find it off hand. was the detailed analysis that compared about 10 different feeding regimens. If you can find it on here let me know, but I follow the earthjuice schedule to a tee (obviously taking out 2 weeks due to my ladies being of the auto flower variety).

How 'bout some picks.... sugar coated and sticky as hell. just trimmed my girls up a bit as nearing the 2 week countdown to harvest. Just bought a jewelers loup off ebay for under$5 w/ free shipping that offers 40x magnification to let me know when trics are 50/50.

On a side note I tried to add a bit of CO2 to my set up using yeast, sugar, and water. but let me just say now that is a worthless path to go down. Not worth the hassle in my book.

this is my closet set up showing it closed up. its not vented out anywhere but into the spare bedroom. It never gets hot as I like it cold and keep my home around 68 degrees. so when lights are off its around 70 degrees in the tent and with lights on its never over 85 degrees.

DSC05272.JPG

here is my set up w/ door open.

DSC05273.JPG

Group shot of the ladies in heat...

DSC05274.JPG

lets see if I can get a few that are a bit better... If i had to do it all over again I would have grown all 3 in separate pots. I was under the impression these girls would be very small so my original thought was to put 4 to a pot. glad i did only 2. even now the two large ladies that share a pot need to watered at least every other day if not every day. (I use 3 gallon square pots if anyone cares)

DSC052781.JPG
DSC052843.JPG
DSC052851.JPG
DSC052812.JPG
DSC052801.JPG

this is the runt. no matter what i do she is still wont fill out.
DSC05279.JPG

enjoy. I should post a few picks in a week or two when I begin the flush. I feel like I need to offer a few words of thanks, as without a few posters I would not have had the great results I am having. BeIrie, munkie, settingsun, any many more i could not hope to remember have helped me tremendously in their wisdom and insightful posts. I know its my first post, but a thanks is in order.

:peace: ~ Sabrisi

Man nice little grow u got:)
How old are they?
How many days flowering?
They do look nice and bet in the next 1-2 weeks they will pack on a bit more weight...
I'm kinda looking for an auto flower to grow next,theres alot of them now but lowryder 2 has been one of my top pics from what I read,I also like the gree-o-matic alot...little cheaper I think...
Would u recomend the lowryder 2? Easy?
Thanks again and buds look nice:)

They were a bit expensive. over $60 for 5 seeds i think. but you get what you pay for i suppose. They were germinated on Sept. 15 so just a bit under 8 weeks old. according to website they take 10 weeks to finish. Since this was my first grow i wanted an easy plant that produces above average yields and got exactly what i wanted. Dont know if it was the nutes, the feeding schedule, or the plant but the ladies always responded positively to the nutes they were given.

According to attitude This strain is:
This is an f1 cross between a Lowryder #2 and an automatic AK47 in which the two parents strongly exhibit their best genetic traits: high resin production, the fruity aroma (of a carefully selected Lowryder #2 phenotype), and the size and branching of the AK47 automatic.
This poly-hybrid is fully auto-flowering and matures in 70-75 days from germination, reaching optimal size if given enough light (intensity and time). The best conditions are 20 hours of light and 4 of dark during the entire cycle.

If you can afford it and get better germination rates than I got (4/5 germinated, but only 3/5 plants matured and are producing buds) I would definitely recommend this strain. The smell is pretty overpowering though so plan accordingly. I accidentally turned off the fan/carbon filter (had it hooked on light timer w/ rest of tent) and within 3 hours my house stunk. Now that carbon filter runs 24/7. The smell in the tent though is unreal. I could sit in there for hours.

Funny side note. since this is my first grow i am fascinated by these little girls and wound up sitting under that hps too long. Took me a while to figure out why my face was sunburned in november...... lol.

They were a bit expensive. over $60 for 5 seeds i think. but you get what you pay for i suppose. They were germinated on Sept. 15 so just a bit under 8 weeks old. according to website they take 10 weeks to finish. Since this was my first grow i wanted an easy plant that produces above average yields and got exactly what i wanted. Dont know if it was the nutes, the feeding schedule, or the plant but the ladies always responded positively to the nutes they were given.

According to attitude This strain is:
This is an f1 cross between a Lowryder #2 and an automatic AK47 in which the two parents strongly exhibit their best genetic traits: high resin production, the fruity aroma (of a carefully selected Lowryder #2 phenotype), and the size and branching of the AK47 automatic.
This poly-hybrid is fully auto-flowering and matures in 70-75 days from germination, reaching optimal size if given enough light (intensity and time). The best conditions are 20 hours of light and 4 of dark during the entire cycle.

If you can afford it and get better germination rates than I got (4/5 germinated, but only 3/5 plants matured and are producing buds) I would definitely recommend this strain. The smell is pretty overpowering though so plan accordingly. I accidentally turned off the fan/carbon filter (had it hooked on light timer w/ rest of tent) and within 3 hours my house stunk. Now that carbon filter runs 24/7. The smell in the tent though is unreal. I could sit in there for hours.

Funny side note. since this is my first grow i am fascinated by these little girls and wound up sitting under that hps too long. Took me a while to figure out why my face was sunburned in november...... lol.

Lol,funny:)
Well I guess 4/5 sprouting could be worse,u could have got 1-2 to sprout...
Did u buy feminized seeds,I am betting u did since it was around 60 bucks,
I have been reading as much as I can on auto flowering ect and cant wait to start another grow useing them...
I love the fact that they can be 12" tall and grow into praticly one solid bud,they would be perfect for sea of green if u find the perfect strain,
Since I have to buy seeds and I dont have alot of money, I will be getting the cheapest auto flowers I can find pretty much,but for the most past there right around $40-60 for 5 feminized seeds,

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom