Mr Nice SSH

Jackalope

At the price for these seeds. Not many people grow the real deal Super Silver Haze. I was one of those people for a long time. Now it is time to see what it does. Some people might remember the thread I did on its males.

Females are flowering well now and it is time to give the girls their time in the lime light. While the smells are a bit similar. Growth patterns are different in all 3 plants. Good thing as it will give me a look at multiple phenotypes of it.

We will start with the short pheno.

There are only hints of sweetness in this plant. I can smell the Northern Lights more in this plant than any of the others. This plant stayed short during stretch. It has nice full buds with rounded tops like you would expect from a indica.

Next up I call the medium plant only because it stopped stretching a week or so back. It has full buds like plant 1 but they have a pointy top much different than the others. The smells coming from this plant are much nicer. It is all sweet as of now.

The last plant is the tall pheno. It is still stretching. It was shorter than plant 2 when plant 2 quit stretching. Now it is a bit taller. Bud formations on this plant are totally different. This plant started flowering a couple weeks behind the other 2. It is going to take longer to mature. How much longer is still up in the air.

Those were just basic pictures. I wanted to show all 3 at once. I will continue to update photos as these plants continue finishing.

All of them very nice. Split is big in this line apparently as you’d expect. Every one of them will get you high differently too, which means at the end of the day you can pick what suits you best :thumb:

That is what I have heard. Good thing and a bad thing LMAO. I am pretty sure I will be regenerating one of them. It is just which one and which effect I like the most.

As good as the short plant is doing indoors I don't think it will be the winner. Easy to find strains that F**k you up. Strain's that are great at getting you high are a different thing. I will be picking a Haze leaning pheno.

Yes it is a great plant. I like the smell of the medium plant the most. Lots has changed since I originally posted this. The winners are now the short and the medium plants. I will regenerate both in hopes to get a choice. I am not positive which I will reverse if they both regenerate. The highs from them both might help me decide. If both regenerate then I will get feminized seeds and selfed seeds. The short plant is what I want to use for hybrids. It is a great indoor plant.

Here is a more recent picture of the short pheno.

Here is the best smelling plant in the bunch. At least for now. I am in week 7 or so of flower. The tall pheno is a long way from finishing. It doesn't have a red hair in the bunch. I wonder how long that one will take LOL. Still this plant is good enough to regenerate it. Not sure if it will get pollen or give it yet. I still need to smoke it all first.

Buds are firming up all the time now. Pictures don't do it justice.

The final pheno of SSH is all haze. As you will see it is just started now starting to pack on the bud. Only a occasional red hair on it when the other plants are past 50% It has become a nice bush now.

It doesn't have the trichome coverage that the other 2 do. These are bigger at this stage of the game. That says something.

I am still waiting on the last to plant to finish. It is haze dominate. I am hoping to reveg it. The other 2 plants were not healthy enough at the end of flower to even try. There is a bit of a learning curve to feeding them late in flower.

I still hope to make a hybrid with Banana Sorbet if it regenerates.

I am still waiting on the last to plant to finish. It is haze dominate. I am hoping to reveg it. The other 2 plants were not healthy enough at the end of flower to even try. There is a bit of a learning curve to feeding them late in flower.

I still hope to make a hybrid with Banana Sorbet if it regenerates.
how was the smoke on the first 2? they looked really nice!

That is what I have heard. Good thing and a bad thing LMAO. I am pretty sure I will be regenerating one of them. It is just which one and which effect I like the most.

As good as the short plant is doing indoors I don't think it will be the winner. Easy to find strains that F**k you up. Strain's that are great at getting you high are a different thing. I will be picking a Haze leaning pheno.
Beauitful! Looks so great!

Thanks MK. Mr Nice did all the hard work. I just grew them.

The one thing I found really interesting about this strain. The smells were the same in all 3 pheno's. The strength of it varies but the smell is the same. All three plants grew different, flowered different, and have different highs. Still the same smell stayed the same. That is different.

From what I learned after I started them and went to look for info. The diversity is the key. While there may be one cup winning pheno." I never found out which one was the winning phenotype". There are lots of great pheno's. You pick the one that suits your needs. I found 3 different growth patterns and 3 different highs. If you want stable try the Greenhouse version. Pretty sure it only 2 strains went into making it. They tried to recreate the highs. maybe it worked.

If I had grown the plants better. I would have been real happy with the short pheno as a keeper.

From what I learned after I started them and went to look for info. The diversity is the key. While there may be one cup winning pheno." I never found out which one was the winning phenotype". There are lots of great pheno's. You pick the one that suits your needs. I found 3 different growth patterns and 3 different highs. If you want stable try the Greenhouse version. Pretty sure it only 2 strains went into making it. They tried to recreate the highs. maybe it worked.

If I had grown the plants better. I would have been real happy with the short pheno as a keeper.
ughh that sucks. sorry for your loss. i just got some SSH seeds from new420guy.. curious as to what happened with the other 2? they looked great and only a few weeks away, what happened to make them unharvestable?

Hey politoed

Newguy was where I was going to get them. Be interested in what you find....phenos and smoke qualities?

Good luck on them*

Hey politoed

Newguy was where I was going to get them. Be interested in what you find....phenos and smoke qualities?

Good luck on them*
thanks. i should be popping them this week. i only got 2 feminized seeds, so with a little luck i should hopefully end up with the 2 shorter phenos! i will spend about 6-8 weeks making her a bonsai and then start with 2-3 clones of each plant in a SOG after that. will be curious to see how her sativa genetics play into how she grows as a lollipop in a 2L pot. hopefully one long, fat cola! newguy was saying a flower time of 8-10 weeks. id be super happy if they finish in 10 to be honest.

also, i saw in another thread you had mentioned getting some chocolate chunk seeds and some other th seeds strains. what has been your experience with this company and these strains? i was looking at a couple of their strains and chocolate chunk was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom