Gorilla Zkittelz

Jackalope

Lots of people are curious about this strain these days. I figured I would show everyone how mine are looking. So far I am really happy with this strain. It grows well and seems to be a good strain and should even do well for beginners. I have found 2 different phenos out of the 3 plants I have going. 2 bushy and one taller that had a lot more stretch.
We will start with the bushy plant. Everything got the same treatment which made it easier to spot the different phenos. Everything was bent and super cropped. This pheno is the same as the other so I will only show one of them.

The best way to explain the smell won't do many people any good. It smells Like Crown Royal from Crop King LOL. Let's just call it weird dank berries. They are plenty frosty as you can tell.

Now the tall pheno is a whole different story. This plant has incredible written all over it. I really wish I could reveg this plant. I don't know for sure how the flower will be but concentrates would be great with all these trichomes. They go all the way out on most leaves. This is what a killer strain plant like. I don't know how it will produce. From the look it is going to have a bunch of golf ball sized buds. The cola may fill out but lots of time when they look like this it doesn't. With hard buds production can be real deceiving. A great plant does not need to produce so it really doesn't matter if this smokes like I think it will. I will give you lots of pictures of it as it is well worth it.

I just started my 3rd week of flowering for my GZ and I’m on the bushier side. I have run into a few problems with my RH in my tent giving me various plant issues (mostly lack of phosphorus) Still looks pretty great with the mainline training at roughly 12” tall, but hoping for more stretching over the coming week or 2. Hoping they turn out good for me, as my first grow/try on Gorilla Bomb got messed up by spider mites. They took away any chance of them getting frosty :( Although I’m like you and am hoping by the time they are ready to harvest. It will finally be warm enough in Southern Ontario for me to try and reveg it outside in my backyard. Gotta love them outdoor numbers of 2500g per square metre, and I got room for it. Just gotta worry of possible very jealous backyard neighbours (back onto a townhouse complex) people ready to complain, but mostly worry about my dog getting in there and chewing it up. We like to call him(English Golden Retriever) the “white squirrel”

Pics of my plant as of today
998EB259-381E-4BF8-89FC-F92B3395CDE4.jpeg

A little extra light might help with the revege. Just something to give it a longer light period. It should help it reveg.

Dr. Seeds will have Gorilla Zkittlez available this upcoming week if anyone wants to try it.

It is nice that our sponsors join in the forums. It does put you in the cross hairs sometimes LOL. Times Like this LMAO.

I am not trying to start a argument. This is a serious question. Why make Gorilla Zkittlez when it is already out there? As a seed seller I would hope that you have a stable of really good genetics. Why combine them in the same way someone else does.

My point is. If you cross 2 different strains and another company crosses 2 plants of the same genetics. The outcome is going to be different. People will think they are the same strain when they won't be. Even if they are really good. They will still be different. If a grower trys a great strain they are going to want to grow it. If that person was wanting to grow what they had tried before it is difficult to find the one they like with multiple companies carrying the same named strain.

I know this practice started way before you guys. I have followed strain info for over 30 years. I see it all the time. How many Blueberries and White Widows does the world need. Most growers have ran across all this confusion so I know a breeder has. I just don't know why a newer company would choose to continue this craziness.

Sorry for putting you on the spot........ Welcome to 420 can't wait to check out your genetics!

It is nice that our sponsors join in the forums. It does put you in the cross hairs sometimes LOL. Times Like this LMAO.

I am not trying to start a argument. This is a serious question. Why make Gorilla Zkittlez when it is already out there? As a seed seller I would hope that you have a stable of really good genetics. Why combine them in the same way someone else does.

My point is. If you cross 2 different strains and another company crosses 2 plants of the same genetics. The outcome is going to be different. People will think they are the same strain when they won't be. Even if they are really good. They will still be different. If a grower trys a great strain they are going to want to grow it. If that person was wanting to grow what they had tried before it is difficult to find the one they like with multiple companies carrying the same named strain.

I know this practice started way before you guys. I have followed strain info for over 30 years. I see it all the time. How many Blueberries and White Widows does the world need. Most growers have ran across all this confusion so I know a breeder has. I just don't know why a newer company would choose to continue this craziness.

Sorry for putting you on the spot........ Welcome to 420 can't wait to check out your genetics!
Safe to say your radio station probably isn't tuned into Top 40.

People seem to like these strains and the recipes work. For example Blueberry + Haze = Blue Dream just works. Customers like the high and the growers like the yield and so it persists.

The reason we are doing Gorilla Zkittlez actually is because we had a good idea for the packaging. We thought for our 3 for 2 special good bundles could be Gorilla Glue #4, Gorilla Zkittlez, and Gorilla Alien, or Gorilla Glue #4, Gorilla Zkittlez, and Zkittlez. We designed the packaging to go together. I will try to remember to come back to this thread and show you our presentation on Monday and you will see our idea. We try to make shopping fun for people. Providing a good shopping and service experience can make people's lives a little bit brighter and thats what we try to do.

We do have some innovative genetics ideas as well. Check out our 1:20 CBD:THC. This is a new formula.

One of the things we hope to get out of being a sponsor is genuine feedback from growers and so your ideas, suggestions and thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Some of our recent strains were based on suggestions from customers, including White Tahoe Cookies and Wedding Cake which will be available in a few weeks.

Thank you for your response DrSeeds. You are right That is a very good marketing idea.

I agree some strains just mix well together. But not everyone's Blue Dream is going to be good because they crossed Blueberry and SSH. Your right about the radio station LMAO. Maybe I'm just old and grouchy.

I will say great marketing ideas are needed to separate yourself from the rest. Good work on that. Don't let your marketing ideas outgrow your genetics.

I will be check into you guys out and maybe we can do business someday.

I can remember turning on my radio and hearing "Rick Deez, weekly top four--<CLICK>" a few times. It always meant that someone else had messed with the tuner, lol. No Aldo Nova or Triumph on a Top 40 station. No Bach, Vivaldi, Monteverdi, etc., either.

I like my music to be loud enough for the deaf to enjoy, which disqualifies Top 40 trash. I also happen to prefer music in my music, which excludes approximately 100% of Rap (the c in that is invisible - but it isn't silent ;) ).

I've been on both ends of the spectrum in regards to my thoughts on copies, knockoffs, counterfeits, versions, and such. I think if patent law applied to the cannabis world, we wouldn't see any that weren't produced in the Shenzhen Valley region of the PRC next door to the factories that produce iClone phones and Geechie luggage :rolleyes: .

With that being said, if you can produce a better version of the Jack Herer strain than Sensi Seeds did, a better version of Kali Mist than Serious Seeds did, et cetera... then go for it.

But if you can't, then either call it something else or at least be sure to make note of this in the description. When a lot of people hear "Kleenax," they think, "tissue." When I hear, "Kleenax," I think of the best tissue on the market. In other words, for me it's not a generic term - it's a specific product.

I know that a lot of breeders will take strains from different breeders, cross them (either as a pollen-chucking thing or by actually working the cross). It would be nice if those who do would have the courtesy to include the information in their (new) strain's description. I do see that, once in a while - but it's rare, IMHO. I <COUGH>started early<COUGH>, so I've been in the cannabis world for more than 30 years, but I've noticed that a lot of newbies do not know to differentiate between breeders. By that, I mean they don't always seem to know that, while two strains with the same name produced by separate breeders might be related, they are unlikely to be the same strain. And that isn't a secret (FFS!), so to call a strain by the same name of someone else's (which, incidentally, just might be a rather popular one :rolleyes: )... Well, it smells like someone is just taking advantage of the unfortunate, lol.

I know that's probably the whole hour that people endure when attending their Business 101 class, since it does tend to be a money maker. But it does bother some people, nonetheless, and I wish that businesses would stop. Not because I don't know any better - but because some people don't, and I'm not the type of person who can just stand there and laugh at their misfortune. Plus, it can be a pain in the arse, to be honest, having to explain it to them. Puts me in mind of the poor schmuck who'd bought four of those little Suzie Homemaker 23-watt CFLs ("100 watt equivalent") and was wanting to know why his plant was doing so poorly, since he had his "400 watts" of light over it just like someone with a 400-watt HPS. Names... can be deceiving.

Whether that deception is done "with malice aforethought" as they say, or not... doesn't change that.

Even the words "our version of..." can be helpful.

I still think your tin artwork is mad crazy cool, though ;) . And, again, if you end up producing a better mousetrap version of Jack Herer, Kali Mist, et cetera, feel free to send a few my way, lol. I don't know if the world will then beat a path to your door - but you'll get a good, honest review or two out of it and (assuming they pass muster) at least a few additional customers, methinks.

"And another thing..." (lol) Some people might actually prefer a different version of a well-known strain. I mentioned Jack Herer a couple times; it has both sativa-leaning and indica-leaning phenotypes. I prefer the former, but some prefer the latter. The latter seems to be somewhat uncommon in the (original) strain. If another breeder takes the strain, works with it, and ends up with one in which that ratio of phenotypes is reversed, well, the indica lovers would probably rather buy it than the original. IF someone bothers to explain to them that the new version is NOT the same as the original ("and this is why...").

I'm just rambling. You can clearly tell the difference between that and one of my rants - because I only smile when producing one of those things.

You'll have to figure out which is which on your own. I cannot be expected to make it too easy, lol. . . .

It's me again. Wait! Don't adjust your set, lol, this will be a quick one:

I suppose the distinction should be made between... Apologies, not feeling particularly eloquent right now. But most strains were created by someone, and we should probably differentiate between relatively recent and documented ones where there's a reasonably good(?) chance of actually knowing who the creator was and a strain that has been around so long that its origins are actually lost (or at least extremely murky).

That's all. If you're selling a version of a strain that's been around so long that it's almost generic these days, it'd be forgivable to not credit the original breeder - because who knows who that was.

Back
Top Bottom