My Accidental 1st Grow - Advice Welcome

believeit902

So, I had some shittty bud, in that it was a lil' seedy. I had 3 seeds in my hand while rolling one, and for lack of a garbage can handy, I tossed them in my wifes planter. Low and behold a lil' later 3 baby weed plants. So kind of as a joke, I watered them and kept them in the sun during the day. Fast forward a few weeks and they are in a cardboard box w/a grow light. Now they are in their permanent house in the basement. I know they are budding, but I dont know how much light to give em at this point, and or how big to expect the buds to get, or when to pick them. I have pics here, but, just in case.....
They are small buds but healthy plants, I weaved the main stalk up and around the rack as it grew, thats why it so low. Oh, there are only 2 now, one didn't survive the move. I have read the boards, and seen/read lots and it has been great (and why I joined) but I wanted advice specific to looking at mine. I thank all that have posted all these guides, and given advice to others, they have been my green bible when I have the time. thx again for any advice.

So here it is, just a little herb/pot rack, usually for outside on the deck. I keep it lined w/tinfoil and a 60 watt grow light. Wrapped in blankets, both to hide, and insulate (gets cold down there). They are currently getting 12-16 hrs of light (no timer)

PS I think I have a mouse eating leaves?

IMG_1530_zps49d2492a.jpg

IMG_1533_zps98c5d8a9.jpg

IMG_1537_zps99c1241f.jpg

IMG_1534_zpsb3aa33d1.jpg

Re: My accidental 1st grow. Any advice welcome.

This is a great story my friend, as I normally do I point folks to the How to Grow Marijuana Give that a solid once over and if you have specific questions afterwards drop 'em in here and we'll do our best to assist. As for the mouse issue maybe get a cat like a jaguar or a cougar, your mouse issues will be gone for ever. I'd just drop a few traps around and see what ya get.

Here is an all in one light cycle info What are Light Cycles and How Do I use Them?

If you have any other questions after the guide drop them in here and we'll do our best to help ya along!

Happy Growing to you! :peace:

hello,
this bulb sure not enough for lighting.
if you can, get better lights - if you want to do with little money, get cfl-s or t8, but hps is much better.
you have mouse, and eating leaves? get a mouse trap ASAP, last years happens with me: a mouse kill 2 plants, because cutting plants trunks.

Subscribed. Your plants can use more light. If you wish to use Compact Florescent Lights chose 6400 kelvin cool white for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin warm white for flowering. I would use Compact Florescent Lights I would use several actual 23-26 watt Compact Florescent Lights for your plants. If you believe you will continue to grow for several years I would either invest in a High Intensity Discharge ballast and a Metal Halide light bulb for vegetative growth and a High Pressure Sodium light bulb for flowering or a LED light panel.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom