My First Grow From Heady Bagseed - Advice Welcome

taymgates

Hi
Thanks for checking out my grow. I had been saving some real tasty bag seeds from either a bag of blue dream or Blackberry Kush.. think it was Blackberry kush... I finally now have the space and ability to grow !!!

I started both of these plants out under natural sunlight in my window which was getting 8 hours of constant sunlight a day then I had them under 2 small 24 watt daylight CFL at night.. The went on for two weeks until my light arrived.

For the last two weeks they have been under a 120/3watt LED with 12 light spectrum's its draws 240watts but my Kill-A-Watt meter that measures watts drawn says it is using 248watts (guessing the 2 fans bring up the watts) it was made by busybee LED and comes with 3 year warranty and all that good stuff.. Couldn't be happier

These two plants in the pictures below are 4 weeks and 3 days old. They have not shown sex yet to my eyes and are working on there 9 and 10 node of development. They are both 10 inches tall as well. I have let both of these plant grow out completely natural without topping or fem them. They are both growing in a 1 gallon pot which is seems like they are getting root bound in. They have been sitting in Fox Farm soil ocean forest and have gotten two feeds of general organics BioThrive® Grow over the last two weeks. I have been using well water which has a good ph and no chlorine. I have switched the last few weeks to bottled water when using nutrients. They stay around low 70s at night and 75-80 during the day.. mostly is around 45% humidity but I spray them at least a couple times a day to bring up the humidity to around 60% which lasts for a little while. They also have a fan on them all the time, they both have very thick stems as well.

They have been in a grow tent that is only 60" tall. They are 15" total at the moment in a 1 gallon pot but in the next day or two I need to transfer them into 3 gallon pots. I know I can setup my LED light so it sits around 7"-8" from the top of the tent. So that is the space I am working with. Now the lights are 23-24 inches away from the plants & when I start to flower I plan on have them around 16-18 inches away.

DSC_005513.JPG

I dont see signs of sex yet.... do you???
DSC_004814.JPG

More inside growth.. Sorry can't get this picture straight.
DSC_00466.JPG

Let me know what you think about them..

Re: My First grow from heady bagseed, would love any help or insight...

Ok... been a few days now and back with a little update. I have two 39 day plants going in flower mode. I started flowering them the other days when I saw one small pre-flowers developing on the top of the plant. After two days of 12/12 one has shown a pistil while the other has the same shape preflower but no pistil shown yet but I am 90% sure the second plant is a female as well... LUCKILY me 2 for 2 with bag seeds. The other three I do not think I will be so lucky but one can only hope..

The pistil can't be seen in this photo cause of the angle I took the picture..
DSC_00519.JPG

The female that has shown a pistil is a little bit larger then the other plant, This plants has a few areas on the bottom/middle leaves that are showing some bad signs.. I planted both plants in fox farm ocean so I have been pretty light on the nutrients while they have been in veg growth.. three feeding during the 39 days and very light feedings.. Is this nitrogen deficiency?????? The smaller plant is not showing any of these signs while the larger one is.. So along with that and what I have seen and read in my cannabis bible, I am guessing Nitrogen Deficiency.. WOULD LOVE ANY HELP SO I AM SURE...

DSC_00665.JPG

DSC_00637.JPG

DSC_005911.JPG

I have read a lot of stuff on root bound plants and while a lot of people have opinions on it. Here is a good comparison

This plant in this photo where taken mins after I re-potted them. When I re-potted them the roots where circling the outside againt pots and very matted up with no lose soil to be found..
DSC_00439.JPG

Here is a photo of the same plants taken four days latter after re-potting. The small three plants where also topped as well on the same days they where re-potted. As you can see I think they like there new room
DSC_00699.JPG

DSC_00687.JPG

An update... The three small plants where males and chopped up.. The two large plants are my ladies.. I am now 18 days into flowering.. One plants growth was stunted and one is a really nice healthy mother which I have a few clones going from.. The more and more this plant grows the more and more I doubt the strain I thought it was... I was thinking it was blackberry kush but I guess I won't know until after the dry&cure... Below are pictures of the healthy mother!!!!

Lots of side branches popping up!!
IMG_110416.jpg

Top Cola
IMG_110815.jpg

Top view!!!!
IMG_111210.jpg

Going to update tonight with new pictures. I finally figured out my problems where all CaMg+ problems. I never fully read the label to see General Organics BioThrive does not contain CaMg+ I was thinking it was a complete feed.

Stupid mistake.. got a rusty thumb so to speak, been away from growing for almost 4 years.. I have switched over to FloraNova Bloom now for flowering which does contain CaMg+.. I need to go order a bottle of General Organics CaMg+ for my next veg...
The thing I have noticed is these Indica's can take a lot of Nutrients. I don't want to overload them in anyway but I didn't think the switch from GO Biothrive to GH FloraNova would be too much for them, this GH FloraNova looks like strong powerful stuff kept it kinda light on the feeding this morning...

The girls will be 20 days into flowering tonight... The last post was incorrect saying the pictures where 18 days into flowering they where only 16 days into flowering...

Here she is at 20 days of flowering.. This is an unknown strain I believe it is blackberry kush but wont know till the end.. She doesn't smell to much yet, when I feed her and move the branches around I get a nice skunk smell, but overall not much yet.. This big mother has something around 12 nodes on the top canopy

Whole plant from one side unable to see other sides nodes/cola's
DSC_00828.jpg

Side Cola.. Some glitter on the fan leaves going on..
DSC_00759.jpg

Side Cola....
DSC_007310.jpg

Top Cola...
DSC_00717.jpg

After a night of the lights on I noticed some rusty spots forming on higher leaves on both plants. This has been the same problem I have had through out the grow and I have come to the idea that it is a CaMg+ problem. That is what I think it is.. I am 21 days into flowering and have started using FloraNova nutrients which has some CaMg+ I am hoping this will correct itself out. I really need to get a bottle of this stuff if I still notice this developing on the next few days. I feed both of them last friday and am hoping the rust spots are from last weeks problem and they are both righting ship... I will update with pictures tonight..

Problem during veg
DSC_005911.JPG

You can see the problem leaves still on this mother on the bottom leaves... Some Top fan leaves are showing brown spots as well..
DSC_00828.jpg

Here are the updated pictures from this morning... She is 22 days into flowering and is starting to develop some glitter. If I could of fixed this nutrient problem awhile ago I am sure this lady would be twice as pretty as she is now.. But 22 days in I am pretty happy with how she looks compared to everything that has happened to her...

Here are some Top Cola pictures....
DSC_009812.jpg

DSC_009912.jpg

Side Cola...
DSC_010212.jpg

Side & Top views of her....
DSC_01167.jpg

DSC_01136.jpg

DSC_010512.jpg

Nugs just beneath the top cola....
DSC_010710.jpg

Here are the problems I am having with what I believe is a CaMg+ problem.. Any help would be awesome to be sure I am getting this right
DSC_01128.jpg

DSC_011112.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom