My First Grow - Advice Welcome!

mrmoustache

Hey everyone this is my first grow and first grow journal. Patience please. I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what I've done so far, and what i plan on doing before the grow is up. I will be posting pictures and updates.

So i started out with an empty room, pulled the carpet, painted and cleaned. I bought 6mil black plastic and battoned it to the ceiling and 2 walls creating a 12'x9' room within a room. I bought this handy item called a tarp zipper at home depot for ten bucks to use as a door, it works great. I boarded up the window and sealed any holes letting light in.

I am using a single 1000w mh for veg hps for bloom. I'm using only half of my 8'x4' tray, I figured get it right and then go big. Starting ten clones that were three weeks old and had been topped twice. I am using 'happy frog' soil and 'smartpots'. My nutes are ncs17 veg and bloom very basic. I water when top soil is drying out.

I vegged for four weeks @ 24/0 and now they are in the fourth day of bloom @ 12/12. I bent all of them and so far they are responding well. This being my first grow i could use both positive and negative feedback so let me know what you all think. Thanks for checking out my post.
hopefully I'm doing this right I'll put pics up now.
This is two weeks ago veg.
106_0588.JPG
106_0585.JPG

This is today 5/21 fourth day bloom.
IMG_000742.JPG
IMG_000934.JPG

Re: My first grow Please help

looks great, do them pots work on the roots and stop them getting root bound, they seem a little small for me, do you know what size they are, like 3 gallon

Those are two gallon a bit small. My first grow and next time i will get bigger ones. I can actually see roots poking out just a bit. I dont know if its way too late to re-pot. we'll see

you could aways just put then on top of a bigger pot and cut the bottom of the pot their in off, just make sure its stable and water well so the roots can grow into the bottom pot, height may be an issue, if it was me i would re-pot but do it very carefull not so shock, do wit when they have not been watered for a while so the grow medium stays packed together making it easier to slide out when you tip it up, it might shock it for a day or 2 but im sure they will give more if they have room to grow and spread out a bit, if you didnt want to risk tipping them upside down then you could cut the pot and peel it away, cut around the bottom and then cut 4 lines down from the top and then peel it away, then it would be easier to transplant, that is if you dont mind wasting the pots

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom