My chili garden in progress

Yeah i know they do. I just planted some 1 week ago and 8 of them sprouted in a week. Sometimes you just get lucky. I put them in a dome with a heating pad and it seems to speed things up for me. Ill let you guys know how long these carolina reapers take to break ground. Im thinking about 10 days. Fingers crossed

Well.. that's one way to keep a BBQ grill in services. lol very nice idea. I might have to do that with one of my old smokers I am going to retire soon.

I thought that was neat. I love it.

joedaddy,

I have purple onions going right now. I just freaked the H#!! out. While I was sick I thought I could smell mold so, I removed them from my veg tent about 5 days ago to my living room/ kitchen. Today, I could clearly see white crap on the top of my soil O-FF. I took them out side with mag glass and sure a shit not only mold but BUGS!!! I treated with AzaMax. What has me concerned is the fact that they have been in my veg tent in the same soil as everything else and the onions have mold and bugs. I can't seem to find any contaminate transfer going on but I am going to spry anyway. I am blown away by this I have managed to keep two tents virgin and I grow onions and now this. Do you think it could have been an old bag of soil? The place I get soil from has it coming in 2 x a week it does not have time to get old. I have only had the bag 3 weeks because I transplanted the BWS into 10 gal pots. Sorry, you are the only person that has something else growing that I have seen.

I found aphids on my chili plants the other day and treated with neem oil. I think veggies get more bugs than weed does. I think all you can do is treat it with stuff to get rid of it.

I normally spray once a month with neem just to keep things safe. This was white mold. I googled it and this article I read said to scrape it off then sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the soil and it deactivates the mold from what I under stood. I am going to spray the veg tent down tonight right before the lights go out. The bug part didn't freak me out as much as the mold because the soil was one of the same bags used for transplanting.

I wish the weather was better I would take a sheet pan or a few of them and let the bag dry out. Thank you for getting back to me. I have never gardened in my life until growing cannabis. I have a few house plant and I manage to keep them alive LOL. The gardening is all new to me. Any way Thank you once more :rollit:

I normally spray once a month with neem just to keep things safe. This was white mold. I googled it and this article I read said to scrape it off then sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the soil and it deactivates the mold from what I under stood. I am going to spray the veg tent down tonight right before the lights go out. The bug part didn't freak me out as much as the mold because the soil was one of the same bags used for transplanting.

I wish the weather was better I would take a sheet pan or a few of them and let the bag dry out. Thank you for getting back to me. I have never gardened in my life until growing cannabis. I have a few house plant and I manage to keep them alive LOL. The gardening is all new to me. Any way Thank you once more :rollit:

A TBS of baking soda to a gallon of water works good for mold. spray twice a day.

Hey CO did you ever get any seed to grow?
No not yet. I have a big problem with not having enough lights right now. I had to transfer 7 seedlings into 7 gallon pots to make them mothers and still have 6 more to do. I hope I can keep the 6 alive in the solo cups for another week to find a way to get lights in room. I used all my soil to do the the transplant for the 7 plants. That was 49 gallons of soil. After I fix light problem and transplant the other 6 then I will start the peppers.

Well my Carolina reapers broke ground today. took 10 days to come out not too bad for some chili plants. the heating pad makes them sprout a lot quicker than without I'm pretty sure. every seed i plant seems to pop up sooner than what the package says by a lot. so now its time to put it under light and see what happens.

I think it is cool ! I showed my dad about the BBQ. He got a kick out of it. He wants to do one now. He is 78. Wow it is hard to imagine that.

:thumb:

LOVE HOT PEPPERS, I have some Apache pepper seeds and I did not see them in your list. They are just under Bhut Jolokia(Ghost Pepper) in the heat scale. I was gonna start seeds in a week myself, but didn't think of posting in 420. For a good laugh or bout of disgust, search youtube for ghost pepper dare, I found one where the guy was begging his friends to take him to the hospital. I also do a half acre or so garden in summer, and my backyard is completely edible its almost a full time job come summer.

LOVE HOT PEPPERS, I have some Apache pepper seeds and I did not see them in your list. They are just under Bhut Jolokia(Ghost Pepper) in the heat scale. I was gonna start seeds in a week myself, but didn't think of posting in 420. For a good laugh or bout of disgust, search youtube for ghost pepper dare, I found one where the guy was begging his friends to take him to the hospital. I also do a half acre or so garden in summer, and my backyard is completely edible its almost a full time job come summer.

The back yard thing is cool. I live in town and I am going to try using buckets with the bottoms cut out so I do not need to transplant.

i tried finding one with all the peppers on it but i couldn't find it anymore if you ever find one feel free to post here. I'm always looking for the real hot peppers i like putting them in my homemade bbq sauce and salsa. i don't over do it sometimes i don't even use a whole pepper cause they are pretty damn hot.

I'm using my home made incubator to veg my chili plants.

20140410_185628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom