My first clone-i think?

diggler35007

i took a cutting and put some cheap rooting powder on it and stuck it in a small bottle of water. it looked good for about five days. i changed the water and added very diluted nutr solution. it started turning yellowish, as last ditch effort i placed it in soil [no roots] on day ten. two days later i decided that it didnt work. i went to pull it and i saw some small roots. i trimmed the yellow off and replanted. i had to top a confirmed female any way. it was just an experiment. i think if i had some type of bubbler it would have been a sure thing. i have used seeds until this point. tried to clone twice before in dirt, they would stay alive but they wouldnt root. can you make a clone into a mother plant? wish me luck.

i just tried my hand at clones to. the way i done mine was cut, dipped in water and poured out some cheap clone powder i found at home depot. kind of rolled the damp stem around the powder and put into damp soil. i used one of those bamboo skures to make the hole in the dirt before puting the clone in.its been about a week and the bottem leaves are yellowing but the upper ones are still green i think the little new leaves maybe starting to grow very slowly. g.l. hopefully they all make it yours and mine.

thanks lil stinker. thats what i done the first time word for word , but they never would root , they were still alive , i didnt have any patience, it went on for weeks. good luck.

i thought about experaminting and putting a lil bit of the powder in a spray bottle and spraying the dirt a little instead of plain water to see if that would mke the roots explode a lil but i havent got brave enough to yet. i just planted bag seed im going to try on them first ill keep you posted.

yesssss. it worked. two weeks and three days[ i think ] . finally showing growth. maybe three more days and i will gradually introduce her to full sun. i will def rig up some type of rubbermaid bubbler[ just for clones ] next year, early on. i know its july, better late than never. cant do indoor anymore so this outdoor season needs to be productive. at least i know this clone is female. this was also from bag seed , an unkown outdoor strain that is stable , and has been grown out for years- just not by me. good luck lil stinker.

NEW GROWER2: no answers just quick ?'s i had:
what type of lights are used for the clones?
what type of light schedule do u keep them on?

After you have made the cutting for a clone, with a razor cut across the stem at a 45° angle just above a node. Scrape the stem with the edge of the razor to remove the top layer for about the last inch of stem. Dip in rooting gel, then insert into pre-soaked oasis cubes. Roots in 8-10 days...

This works very well....
vitagrow1.jpg

Get a seedling box buy some rockwool and clone gel...All i do is take my cutting dip it in the clone gel then place it in the rockwool then put it in the seedling box get a spray bottle and mist the cuttings put the lid on the seedling box and place under a fluro...Dont let them dry out and in a few days you should have some nice cutting!

this is pretty much what I do, except I use powder instead of gel (I had it laying around the house from using on houseplants). If you don't have a seedling box, you can use the container top from a 100 pack of cd's and put plastic wrap over top for humidity dome (hey...I'm on a VERY low budget). You can fit 4 - 1.5" rockwool cubes into a top, 5 will be a lil tight. My clone box has 2 - 20w CMH bulbs on 24 hrs and I usually see roots in 5 days or so. Hope this helps, and happy growing

Back
Top Bottom