Sithoverlord4

Hi all, I have been smoking for about 4/5 years npow and have decided to start growing for the past month I have done nothing but research. I have decided to try and grow auto white widow in a 40 by 40 by 140 grow tent using biobizz light I'm planning to use CFL lights 125 watt for the first 4 weeks until I'm paid to buy some more lights.I am a bit lost when it comes down to what nutrients to buy and how to use I've looked at the charts I've read countless posts but biology I've never been good at. Also in my tent should I get a heater or humidifyer since I'm only trying one plant atm and can I get away with only watering for gfhe first 4 weeks. Thank you if you help I'm really new to this

Hi Sith,
Welcome to the forum.

I think the Biobizz light will be good for about 4 weeks with no nutes, especially with an auto. The 125 watts will probably be OK to start out with, but as she grows you may need to add more. Make sure that you go with a 2:1 ratio of high Kelvin to low Kelvin. Like for every 2 6500K have 1 2700K. They switch that ratio at flower to give more 2700. Somewhere around 3 weeks or so, you will start to see the little white hairs. Stretch will start shortly after. You will want to wait until the end or near the end of stretch to switch the lights. I have a heater, humidifier, and dehumidifier in my tent. The nutes I can't really help you with. I have used 4 or 5 different kinds but always come back to the Fox Farms Trio. Its gentle and works well. Hope this helps. Best of luck on your grow.

Thanks for the advice dude. I'm planning to use bio bloom grow and topmax, buy how do I feed because people are saying to feed feed water or feed break feed break water. Do I mix the nutes into water if they are liquid I know it sounds dumb but I want my widow and purple to be healthy I know I'm gonna make mistakes but it's just the feeding I'm confused on now

Thanks for the advice dude. I'm planning to use bio bloom grow and topmax, buy how do I feed because people are saying to feed feed water or feed break feed break water. Do I mix the nutes into water if they are liquid I know it sounds dumb but I want my widow and purple to be healthy I know I'm gonna make mistakes but it's just the feeding I'm confused on now

On your first dose of nutes, you may want to use 1/4 dose then wait 2 waterings then start with full dose. My own opinion would be Feed/water/water/feed.

When mixing the nutes, pour each into the water...don't mix them first then add them to the water. I also like to let mine sit for about 20 minutes before checking and adjusting the Ph.

Will you be using any kind of calmag supplement? You will likely need one. I use molasses.

Alot of the issues you will come across will be strain dependent and, in reality, any advice you receive or methods you follow can really only be used as a guideline.

Hope this helps.

I was planning on getting molasses and some dolomite lime. I'm very skeptical on using pH up and down because I want a very organic grow. It has helped a lot thanks dude. I'll probably going to do a journal on here just so I can get some tips and tricks while growing. The only thing I'm debating is to have a humidifier or not because its a small grow room am I right in thinking it won't be needed since the plant will sorta humidify the tent?

My grows are organic as well. At least the most they are able to be considering that Fox Farms Trio is only, something like, 99% organic. My water, right out of the tap is 7.0-7.1 and it never really changes. I ordered some PH "down" that uses only vitamin c (ascorbic acid). I attached the name, if you copy and paste it in "thE Bay" it will show you the product. This stuff is unbelievably strong. They are crystals. To treat 1 gallon of water I have to take a single crystal and cut a piece off of it to get my PH to 6.5. It's a small container but it is probably a 100 year supply. I THINK this should be more organic than the Phosphoric acid type.
You definitely want to start a journal. Good growers will come to help. You can also find similar grows to yours and follow their journals as well. This is a good way to meet other growers. You can invite them to help on your journal.
The plants will humidify the tent, to an extent. At the beginning of the grow you won't get much help from them and may need to humidify. As they get larger, you will be able to watch their need for water build by the humidity in the tent. When mine are in stretch and starting to flower, I will water them and watch the humidity spike really high, then as the plants transpire and use up the water over the next 2 days the humidity bottoms out again. I prefer growing in the winter due to the lower humidity and lower risk of disease and insect attack. The problem is the humidity. With the lights on, flaps open, and vent running my humidity drops to below 20%, which is as low as the meter will read. To deal with it, I closed my system - it now has flaps closed and vent recirculating through a loop that goes outside the tent to cool the air going back in. I had to add CO2 but the humidity is always good, and so are temps. They are high, but that is perfectly acceptable with CO2. Much easier to control the environment and as an added bonus....Fan leaves the size of dinner plates :)

Hydro Organics HOH84021 0.8-Pound Hydro Organics Earth Juice Natural Down Plant

I was planning on getting molasses and some dolomite lime. I'm very skeptical on using pH up and down because I want a very organic grow. It has helped a lot thanks dude. I'll probably going to do a journal on here just so I can get some tips and tricks while growing. The only thing I'm debating is to have a humidifier or not because its a small grow room am I right in thinking it won't be needed since the plant will sorta humidify the tent?

If you are planning on using buo bloom you can buy the whole gh organic go box and it will have the complete bio line for your whole grow. It will also have a measured and detailed feeding schedule on the box that you could tweak if you wanted. The box goes for about 40-50 usd

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Back
Top Bottom