My First Grow, Bag Seed, CFL Mini Box

I cheat summer temps by freezing water in my metal mixing bowl. Then placing the frozen bowl in my area. It's temporary, but still puts cool moisture in the air. Maybe it could help you?
I never thought of that. It might actually work perfectly since I'm at work all day. I could freeze a bowl the night before. That's why I love ya GTHM. You always have some sort of diy solution. Way cheaper than a portable a/c also! Thanks

I'm so glad that I switched back to cfl's. Temps are more managable and my girls are looking way better. The one problem I am dealing with is the upcoming summer. It gets up to 100 where I'm at and we have one a/c for a 3 bedroom apt. And it's not central a/c. I'm looking into a portable one but they're fucking expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations? Here is some pics of the main lady and her babes.
420-magazine-mobile899051346.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1689786810.jpg

I need to train the main girl a bit more before flipping but as you can see she is ready with her pistils showing. She's still vegging btw in a 5 gallon pot. Some clones and a hopefully feminized seedling
420-magazine-mobile2036796916.jpg
Hey DD! you know what I noticed from your setup to my CFL only one... I used 4 40w CFL and 2 20w bulbs and were always 1-1.5 inches away from the buds. It gave me dense buds and tighter node spacing. Maybe that could help out in your setup?

Hey DD! you know what I noticed from your setup to my CFL only one... I used 4 40w CFL and 2 20w bulbs and were always 1-1.5 inches away from the buds. It gave me dense buds and tighter node spacing. Maybe that could help out in your setup?
Thanks for the advice D! It's difficult to find anything over 23w in Cali. I did find a super mercado that had some pretty cheap but only 2700k. I bought one but will def get more in the near future. As for the height of my lights, the ones for the clones are a bit too far away. But big mama's lights are at least a couple of inches away. I think I'll flip her in a few days if she fills out in time. It seems like forever since I've grown with cfl's and I love the difference compared to my particular led.
420-magazine-mobile1704163952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734135665.jpg

Looks like they are well on their way. Do you have a little fan in there by chance, ready for the summer?
Yes. I have one 6" clip on fan blowing above the canopy on high and a 10" oscillating fan blowing underneath on the low setting. 4" ipower inline fan for extraction with a filter. It gets really hot here during the day and it's not even summer yet! A portable a/c is probably in my future. But with all the overtime I'm working I might be able to afford it.

Sorry not mj but still related to the process. A green bean that my son and I hermed about 3-4 weeks ago in my propagation dome.

*Setup*
Lights: Sun
Medium: Ocean Forest
Nutes: Dyna Gro Foliage Pro
Light Schedule: Whatever time the sun rises and sets atm. Lol
Training: Too fucking scared to touch the thing since it is healthy.
Size pot: 1 gallon
I figured someone has experience with veggies of some sort in their garden. What do ya think? Should I switch to bloom since I am seeing buds forming?
420-magazine-mobile1718127174.jpg

Smoke report: Well I've cured for two weeks opening the jar once a day for a minute or 2. The buds are still a bit dry but no where near what they would have been without the humidipak I think. It smokes really smooth but doesn't really taste how it smells. The aroma is very strange but intoxicating imo. It's sweet and sour with a hint of coffee. I cured in new jars so I can't see where the coffee aroma comes from but nonetheless I like it. Definitely sativa dominant and the high proves it. I was doing dishes and bullshitin, cooking, before I realized I was pretty high but focused. I'm going to end this journal in order to make room for new growers like myself and have time to stalk other journals! Please move this journal to the completed journal section. Happy growing everyone!

Congratulations on your first journal experience. I hope it was rewarding!
I'm so glad that I started a journal. It helped me document my different methods and stages of the grow. Not to mention all of the great advice that was readily available. I love this community and can't wait to get going on a new journal. Probably in the next couple of months.

So I'm definitely new to growing indoors and especially new to growing marijuana. Luckily I have a strong will to learn and the pedigree to succeed. My dad is a triple OG when it comes to this stuff so wish me luck! Sorry to rant. Here is a couple of pop's seeds showing there colors after a few days.

420-magazine-mobile1270950011.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1431725112.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Could have put some holes in the container so you have more efficient drainage and more oxygen gets to the root.

How could you tell if there are holes in my pots? Which there are. No offense but that's a very basic thing to know when beginning to grow. Not trying to be an ass

I see the holes at the bottom of the pot but none poked on the sides or any of the surrounding area. I do this for any plastic containers, solo cups, etc. it's not required but I have found that it is helpful.

IMO> If he had holes on the side of his containers his roots would be possibly exposed to light and grow out through the holes. Also his drench or flush would be pouring out the sides too and get very messy. Also, his containers are modest and would probably crack if holes were forced. I think if DD was to upgrade pots (at his own pace) he would ensure ample air to roots, via basic instinct.

Just wanted to say that you did everything right DD because you are DIY and experiments are the name of the game.

Kudos to the jr scientists in the household. ;) Peace & Respect

IMO> If he had holes on the side of his containers his roots would be possibly exposed to light and grow out through the holes. Also his drench or flush would be pouring out the sides too and get very messy. Also, his containers are modest and would probably crack if holes were forced. I think if DD was to upgrade pots (at his own pace) he would ensure ample air to roots, via basic instinct.

Just wanted to say that you did everything right DD because you are DIY and experiments are the name of the game.

Kudos to the jr scientists in the household. ;) Peace & Respect

I have never had issues with roots growing out of holes from the side of anything I've provided holes for but I suppose everyone's situation is unique.

I have never had issues with roots growing out of holes from the side of anything I've provided holes for but I suppose everyone's situation is unique.
You're spot on with situations being unique. Everyone seems to grow a little differently which I love. You can take others ideas and tweek them to your liking. I'm glad that you stopped by Dubmonkey. Do you have a journal in progress?

You're spot on with situations being unique. Everyone seems to grow a little differently which I love. You can take others ideas and tweek them to your liking. I'm glad that you stopped by Dubmonkey. Do you have a journal in progress?
I do but have not posted anything online yet I suppose that should probably get started. I'm smart enough to know I don't know everything and support from the community is the best thing.

I do but have not posted anything online yet I suppose that should probably get started. I'm smart enough to know I don't know everything and support from the community is the best thing.
If or when you do, send me a link and I'll follow along. People around here seem to be receptive to criticism and always try to help and not tear down your ideas. This is the only forum that I associate with. Good luck with your grow!

Back
Top Bottom