My First Grow, Bag Seed, CFL Mini Box

Dude! Hijack away! Are you growing with straight coco or a combo with soil? I only ask because of the nutrient schedule that you posted. I'm using dyna gro foliage pro for veg and the bloom for flowering. General Hydro has great products and the trio I heard is legit. I have their ph kit and it works like a charm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I meant to ask you Dstoner how is the diy pantyhose carbon filter holding up?

Coco with about 20% perlite in both. Got a premix bag from a recommendation on a popular guide however the product on Amazon was deceiving with the size of the perlite, they were the size of quarters!! It was like 75% of the content too, almost no coco. Now I rehydrate my own bricks which can be found at pet stores! For much cheaper too!

I've read good reviews on the dyna product line. The GH nutes have been working great so far, even got their PH kit as well. Although I've been having a hard time checking the ph of the runoff because the water is pretty dark brown. Any tips on how to see it better?

Ya I've had nothing but results with the fol pro. We'll see though when it comes to the bloom.My runoff water is about the same color as what it should be. This the kit that I have. My tap water is at 8. I add about 5ml of ph down per gallon to reach 6.5.
420-magazine-mobile2000000861.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1141624185.jpg

I'm thinking about coco with my next grow but we'll see

I followed a tutorial on another guide on how to rehydrate a coco brick after getting screwed with the premixed one they recommended.

One brick makes 5 gallons worth of coco and got 3 bricks for about $10 or less at Petco. It's in the lizard isle for bedding.

I have to start measuring exactly how much PH up or down to add. I've been eyeballing it each time until I reach the right PH without recording how much I've poured. We have about the same materials then! I'm glad to have someone to compare notes with.

I just realized the pipette has measurements on the side lmao!

Sounds cheap and rewarding. I've heard great things about coco for first time growers. I hate to say it but most of the knowledge that I retained was from ------------.com. Step by step tutorials for all mediums. Really a must website for me personally. It helped me with everything that I've done so far along with great advice from fellow growers on this site.

I think i know which site you're talking about, just got edited out from 420mag lol had the same issue trying to link it for you but kept disappearing.

Most of what I've learned comes primarily from there too.

I meant to ask you Dstoner how is the diy pantyhose carbon filter holding up?

Hey didn't see your post, doing well so far. The smell disappeared! Not sure for how long it'll last though but it did make a difference.

So I did a bit of investigation tonight to hopefully find some preflowers in order to determine my older plants destiny. I'm thinking male but my pictures are terrible with a phone and a microscope. Help me help me!

Magnifying glass. No microscope

So my ladies are getting pretty big. Actually too big for my jerry rigged grow box. So I think I'm going to throw them into 12/12 tomorrow. I need to determine the sex before I waste anymore time with these healthy plants. Unfortunately when I made the box it was on a whim. So I didn't give much thought into having the space for two plants instead of just one. But luckily I have access to plenty of tools and scrap lumber at work so the next box will accomade at least two. ( legal limit is six)
420-magazine-mobile1035102431.jpg

Kane this is the more mature one. "She" is 6 weeks old. These are pics from yesterday. The one on the right as 5 bud sites growing. And the one on the left is developing 3 at the moment.

420-magazine-mobile1910549066.jpg
420-magazine-mobile91662557.jpg

Word up Double D. Im on week 5 still waiting for sex to show. I hope mine looks this good at week 6. Thats a pretty cool custom box ya got there also. Im riding with you thru this grow. Cant wait to see how ur babies develope.

LOUD ONLY

Thanks man. I definitely caught the bug. After this grow I'll have to up grade to something larger for sure. Most of my building materials were free (thanks to my work)and there is always someone around throwing away an old cabinet or dresser to be refurbished. Thanks for keeping up and good luck on your grow Kane.

Anyone know what this could be? I'm trying to combat any disease,bug, deficiency early on. It was only one fan leaf on my big lady that I was going to defoliate anyways but I'm still concerned. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom