My First Grow - Is This Normal?

jandre2k3 said:
DAyumm.... nice looking Grow!

Thanks Jansre2k3, Was losing faith and got Totally stressed out today so Thanks m8 means a lot when things keep going wrong.

But on top of it now and realise EC shot up because of the salt build up in the pots where id watered by hand pump with just PHed 5.8 and think the salt build up spiked my fresh nute tank and should've flushed em properly. Ohh well lesson learnt the hard way and just hope that yield won't be effective to bad.

Thanks Jansre2k3, Was losing faith and got Totally stressed out today so Thanks m8 means a lot when things keep going wrong.

But on top of it now and realise EC shot up because of the salt build up in the pots where id watered by hand pump with just PHed 5.8 and think the salt build up spiked my fresh nute tank and should've flushed em properly. Ohh well lesson learnt the hard way and just hope that yield won't be effective to bad.

heheheheheheeee! Flush every two weeks... never forget to flush.

LOL! and don't forget to put the seat down, either.

Cloning from feminised plants! i didn't realise this is a No no? not to sure why Yet! But Google hear I come lol.
Also would it be possible to put 2 clones in my Atami system 2 per pot? totalling 8 cuttings rooted and vegged for 2wks on a SOG set up? I realise i have the wrong set up for this or would i be better to lose the pots and use big RW cubes as i wanna get more bud per turn over per harvest and am about to purchase a CFL 250w light just for 1 single mum and maybe an Aeroponic system for the clones to be establish until they go into the flower room. Would appreciate any advice on this subject regarding a good Veg light and and good grow system for the new clones.

Cloning is done ONLY ON the female plants... How is that a no, no?

Cloning from an AUTO is a no-no, and self defeating, since you can't reveg it.

If you want to do an SOG, I would suggest you run it on Ebb&Flow. You can DIY one for cheap.

My How-to's:

1. Cloning: Mad Simple
  2. DIY Ebb & Flow

See this is why you don't believe everything ppl say, As the guy from the Ebay hydro shop said so over the phone and he also said to stay from feminised seeds lol omg.
So so glad you cleared that up Jandre top man.

Salt Build Up !!!:morenutes::morenutes:!!!!, From not flushing when I cleaned my reservoir and thought I'd share the pictures of before flushing the salt build up through and out of the hydro corn. Today I looked in on them and they were clearly looking unhappy due to the salt build up, I thought it was nute burn from having a high EC-2.0 as the Cheese was looking really really Dark Green here as some pictures of Salt Build Up.

Big Bud#1, Does not look nowhere near as bad as the others
20120609_135434.jpg

20120609_135400.jpg
20120609_135408.jpg

Not liking the idea of these roots coming out due to flushing during Bloom stage and lastly the Main Flush!
20120609_151632.jpg

20120609_162052.jpg

Decided to Defoliate before
20120609_162106.jpg

After
20120609_170554.jpg
before
20120609_162120.jpg
After
20120609_170606.jpg
before
20120609_162130.jpg
After
20120609_170612.jpg
before
20120609_162152.jpg
After
20120609_170602.jpg

Not sure weather to feed for a few days @ half strengh or just plain PH'ed water, Once they've picked up from this i'll be flushing again and switching to Bloom 12/12. Any advice would be great.

:peace: :tokin:

Meh, flush and feed, you'll be okay. Remember to always flush the pots with three to five times the volume of the hydrotone. It is suggested that you change your res every two weeks to prevent imbalances in nutrients, just flush when that is done. I usually dump the res I have, pour clear water in the top, and let it fill the res three times, and then wash the res out, and reset.

Damn this Big Bud will need some more Lst work before 12/12, hoping to tie down the smaller 1 to the side of the pot like the others before I switch to Bloom I think Big Bud will look after me i', pretty sure as it's growing taller considering it is tied down to the sides of the pot.
Am i better to wait for them to recover or just switch to Bloom as I was going to do it Monday night but am thinking about delaying it of for a few days until they recover and switch Wed or Friday if i can wait pmsfl. I'm sure i will unless they recover quickly.

Meh, flush and feed, you'll be okay. Remember to always flush the pots with three to five times the volume of the hydrotone.

Ok then thanx, at the moment there @ EC 0.6-0.8 don't laugh i was :yikes: Worried I'd do more damage hehe, So do you go straight to a certain EC level after over feeding i mean Salt Build Up lol, Or drop low and increase slowly as those leaves were looking rather dark green.
Is it possible for The Big Bud to lets say hypothetically handle EC 2.0 and the Cheisel and Cheese Maxed @1.8???? As the Big Bud is looking rather pale green don't you think?

Nope, I flush every two weeks, but if I forget and see signs, I flush, then reset as normal.

So how long will the claw look signs disappear?? And i hope 5 mins per pot flushed under the shower head was enough. Big Bud is looking ok but was not bad in the first place.

Clones: Do people clone outside? I mean climbing up the attic 3-4 times a day is too much so was thinking to put the propagator by the window sill with the window being closed! would this be sufficient enough as as long as there not cold or draft getting to them and there misted a 3x a day shouldn't this be fine providing the cut and RW is not ringing wet and was left to soak in ph water. Sure this would be fine wouldn't it? I know i need a veg/propagator light and will be purchasing 1 at the end of this grow so i can start the next grow with the new Veg Light and would also appreciate a cheap running but very efficient light for cuttings and a mum. How much space do you think i woulld need for this 1 mom in a 5gal DWC bucket and a heated propagator as by the time this grow finishes it will be Autumn and this will be my best friend and may need to get 1 due to this reason???

HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!! PH meter calibration with the screw driver included with the set, Now i understand that i need calibration fluid??
Or would it be ok to calibrate with ph up .7 and then ph down .4 and adjust accordingly as i'm sure my ph meter is wrong as my plants still not picked up yet!! Or am i being to impatient due to the recent Salt Build Up from not flushing??? Either way this is my 2nd grow and i think it should of been done ages ago or is there a specific time scale one should re-calibrate there PH meter???????? Any Advice would be most grateful.

Calibration Fluid is suggested, all hydro shops have the fluids for calibration. Just take your pH pen in and tell them you need the fluid for "this meter" and they'll know which one you need. Also, you can use an eyeglass screwdriver from your local drugstore for the calibration of your meter.

Unfortunately using your pH up and pH down, while it sounds like a good idea, could have become contaminated, and the actual pH changed by the pipet containing foreign material and deposited into the bottles.

jandre2k3 said:
Calibration Fluid is suggested, all hydro shops have the fluids for calibration. Just take your pH pen in and tell them you need the fluid for "this meter" and they'll know which one you need. Also, you can use an eyeglass screwdriver from your local drugstore for the calibration of your meter.

Unfortunately using your pH up and pH down, while it sounds like a good idea, could have become contaminated, and the actual pH changed by the pipet containing foreign material and deposited into the bottles.
So what if it is a new bottle lol, Nah I have to buy 1 but a digital 1 that switches of as Im forgetful at times pmsfl. and also if possible 1 that does both PH and EC or TDS or Ppm as I have a stick which is really only good for stiring but they obsessed now to use so may swells just get a good quality and most of all waterproof as of the splashing. Thanks Jandre as I got to get things into check asap as it is stressing me now pmsl. Just hope the quality is not effected to badly as Im not to bothered about yield but can't really say that because we all want bigger buds.

Worse case scenario using the PH as calibration fluid has to be better than what it is set at?Don't you think! As somwhere is not right and my guess is the PH meter and a slight Salt build up. As roots are all healthy and white. Argh be ok tho won't it bro? Just have to pay over the odds for a next day delivery.

MMj plants have picked up nicely and that claw like look has started going and the leaves are stretching for the light. PH meter was out by 1.ph and guy in the hydro sold me ph probe cleaner as he said the build up on probe was stopping it form getting the right reading so he said leave it in the solution over night and any slight adjustment tnue it to PH 1.0.
Can'y wait to switch Big Bud looking good now:)

New Ph Pen 3 point calibration, self calibration. Make/Model Omega 8685 Pen. Now there is fluid in the top and not sure what it is? there is white crystals so i no it is not tap water, So is it Storage buffer solution? Or PH 7.0??????????Any thoughts advice would be great Thank you.
Is it already calibrated??? I have also bought buffer 4 + 7PH for re calibration as-well as storage solution and also need some advice on maintenance as plan on making this 1 last lol. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom