My First Grow - Northern Lights - Entirely Under CFL

Exode

:420:
So here we are, my first ever grow.

Those 5 are from Northen Light seed, they are exactly 6week old from seed...
They actualy grow under a home made 12x 23watt CFL bulb ballast with 2 computer fan blowing inside.

photo_1_cleaned.JPG

I make a few mistake, the first one was to use a translucent container...

My second error was to not take light Kelvin seriously... As you can see, my plant are not very bushy, many leave dried out under 18h of 276w of 3000K CFL.

Now they are under 6500K CFL (same watt) since 1week and i can already see the difference! Drying propagation stop, more bushy and green.
photo_cleaned.JPG

This is the home depot fertilizer i just start using for VEG... gave the first dose 1week ago.

And this is the one i will use for flower, dunno why they call it plant starter, i read most people use 10-52-10 for flower...

Both are water soluble, some people even use it in hydroponic!

My home made 12CFL ballast with 6500K 23watt bulb and 12mm fan on each side, pushing air on the bulb so they run cool, longer life and make the leave swing a little!
photo_5_cleaned.JPG
photo_2_cleaned.JPG

I will try to flower with this ballast, put back those 3000K bulb and see what happen!

I was thinking about putting a splitter on each socket to run 24x 23bulb!! Maybe it will be over kill...

Anyway, didn't want to invest too much money on my first, i want to see if i like doing it or not!

How long do you think i should wait before starting the 12/12 flower mode?

Thanks!

How big you want your plants matters because they may double size or even more when put to flowering. If your gonna leave all of them together like that look into the style of growing that may help like Scrog or Lst to yield more.

I'm not up on those lights but that ballast looks well made and Your plants looks like they responded good to that change
I hope you have alot of females there too good luck and check

How to Grow Marijuana in the Grow Room forum up top

Thanks for the link and the advise about Scrog and LST! Scrog seem interesting for fluorescent...

I decided to turn off the light completely today and change my timer for 12/12 for tomorrow. I have a bunch of 23w 2700K/3000K/6500K available for the flowering session... Presently, 12x 6500K bulb are in place.

Should i replace them all 12 by 2700K, 3000K or mix half 2700K and other half 6500K?

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom