My First Grow

lil forest in my closet

Photo_141.jpg

all of em

Photo_1510.jpg

the fav

Photo_163.jpg

one of the taller ones

man, they look good, keep it up. again, you might want to get a few more lamps in there

man, they look good, keep it up. again, you might want to get a few more lamps in there

I get the Y splitters relatively cheap from lowes.The heavy duty ones are $2.66 apiece.Just screw them in to double your sockets,then screw in 2 more for 4CFL's per drop.
You can go up to 4 CFL's per socket safely with the 26watters.:peace:

another few days and all is well. there are little hairs at the armpits of all of them, but i dont see any pollen sacks and i know that i'm not that lucky, guess its a little bit longer till i'll know the difference

Photo_176.jpg

the setup

Photo_183.jpg

the fav

Photo_193.jpg

one of the smaller ones that is catching up

rigged another pair of the dual 27watt/100watt-equivalents up so now there is nice even lighting over all of them. i wasn't planning on topping them but one of them is just growing like its a contest for it to reach the top of my closet. i'll be able to get my hands on a good camera this weekend and i'll post pictures of the armpits to show the possible sex of the plants. as of right now i dont see anything descernable like i've seein in pictures showing the difference

never overlook the power of a good digital camera

good news! two girls so far...cant tell on the rest, should know over the next few days. if i can get my hands on that camera i'll show the close-ups

wasnt able to get my hands on that camera yet for the close ups, but heres an update of the overall status, they are doing beautifully

Photo_202.jpg

overall setup

Photo_213.jpg

a closer up view

they are fillin out nicely, the ones with the pink tape are the confirmed girls, still waiting on the rest to see how they turn out. they've been on 12/12 for about 3 days now

gonna post more regularly, as they're getting to the fun part.

Photo_231.jpg

the lights arent that high above, i held them above for the picture so all of the plants could be seen

Photo_241.jpg

a closer eye-level shot of them

All of the plants are doing really well. We have 2 for-sure females, 1 pretty-sure female and unfortunately I think our first male.

I was wondering if we should be trimming off some of the lower splits that dont get as much light?

I'll be getting my hands on that camera tomorrow i think and i'll post close ups of the girls and possible boy to be sure. comments and crit are welcome and appreciated :), cheers

I was wondering if we should be trimming off some of the lower splits that dont get as much light?

You know,you'll get alot of different opinions about trimming.
Just my opinion after trimming a bunch of fan leaves off my last grow,let em ride.Your fans are your powerhouse for photosynthesis.The more you have the better.I will never trim mine again.If they turn yellow and fall off,so be it,but I won't purposely cut em again.
Like I said,just my opinion,good luck! ;)

Yea thats what i was thinking. Should get the camera today I hope so I can take closer pictures for comparison. They are really starting to hustle now. I'm glad I woke up early before the lights turned on because they grew right up during the night and were almost touching them.

YEAAAAAAAAAAA! THE FAV PLANT IS FEMALE, GOOOD DAY!!!!!:rollit: wooot! right now that brings us to 2/3 of the good stuff is female, unfortunately the other is male. As for the rest of them I have 3 discernable females and I'm awaiting on the rest. Camera is coming today gauranteed. Pictures later :)

From the start

3 Bagseed from Good stuff we had: 2/3 of the good ones are female

8 Other that are random: 1 was killed early on, 3 are female, 4 are still waiting to show

up to 5 right now which is what we wanted

ok here we go. its amazing what a good camera does :)

setup13.jpg

the setup

boy_final.jpg

its a boy :(. went over to the darkside. his last picture before execution.

girl12.jpg

girl #1

girl21.jpg

girl #2

girl4.jpg

girl #3 first one from the good stuff

photo101.jpg

girl #4 the fav is a girl!!!!!!!

favup.jpg

favorite from on top

favside.jpg

favorite from on the side

the last girl is just starting her hairs and they were too much of a pain to get a good picture, but its looking good on this end. wooot.

Back
Top Bottom