My First Journal

I was thinking that I need to switch to flowering nutes (bought yesterday) and reduce lighting cycle to 12/12. I think I am about to learn something from you lol
Great to meet you @Revegged Grower and welcome to the forum!
well, even if you flipped the lights to 12/12 today, you still would not be "in flower" for 7 to 10 days, and flowering nutes would not be appropriate until then. My alarm bell went off when you said the one plant is already 27" tall... that is huge actually and totally undesirable in my tent. When you switch to flower, the plants enter a stage that we call "the stretch" and they usually at least double in height, sometimes even more. I am afraid you might already be running out of vertical room.
By the way, you have some extremely fast and aggressively growing plants there. Your rapid uppotting and whatever method you are using for watering is working very well for you, and I think many of us could learn from your methods.

Yes it is true, in the 56+ days of flower they do get much larger. I wouldn’t say triple, but some plants double in size from start to finish of flower. There is ways around the height restrictions, LST, super cropping, SOG Etc. To have a sea of green, or scrog method, you need to veg your plants into the screen, tucking limbs through the next hole, allowing everything to be at the same canopy, once all the holes are filled in then you switch to flower. I think I want to try a scrog on my two latest ladies.

Great to meet you @Revegged Grower and welcome to the forum!
well, even if you flipped the lights to 12/12 today, you still would not be "in flower" for 7 to 10 days, and flowering nutes would not be appropriate until then. My alarm bell went off when you said the one plant is already 27" tall... that is huge actually and totally undesirable in my tent. When you switch to flower, the plants enter a stage that we call "the stretch" and they usually at least double in height, sometimes even more. I am afraid you might already be running out of vertical room.
By the way, you have some extremely fast and aggressively growing plants there. Your rapid uppotting and whatever method you are using for watering is working very well for you, and I think many of us could learn from your methods.
I am not using a tent (you can tell by the pictures), but plan to purchase for the next grow. Thanks for the help, I'm now thinking I should change the light cycle now and then start the flowering nutes the following week? I have about an 8 ft ceiling and plenty of room to drop them down. Can't thank you enough for the advice!

Yes it is true, in the 56+ days of flower they do get much larger. I wouldn’t say triple, but some plants double in size from start to finish of flower. There is ways around the height restrictions, LST, super cropping, SOG Etc. To have a sea of green, or scrog method, you need to veg your plants into the screen, tucking limbs through the next hole, allowing everything to be at the same canopy, once all the holes are filled in then you switch to flower. I think I want to try a scrog on my two latest ladies.
Can't wait to hear your progress!

I am not using a tent (you can tell by the pictures), but plan to purchase for the next grow. Thanks for the help, I'm now thinking I should change the light cycle now and then start the flowering nutes the following week? I have about an 8 ft ceiling and plenty of room to drop them down. Can't thank you enough for the advice!
I think you would be happy with the result of that plan. You have some monster plants there and you are already going to have more yield than you know what to do with. See how these go, and next time you may want to look into some training methods so you can control this moment, and not have the size of the plants dictate it to you.

Do you flower them for 2 months, longer or shorter?

Most strains are different, on average most plants are 56 days, which is 7 weeks, others are 9 weeks, some are 12... you just need to refer back to the details of that strain. Some people don’t know the strain, which you would hear that person call it a bag seed. Then your kinda going into it blind...

It may be hard for a beginner grower, but you can keep an eye on the trichomes, with a jewlers loupe, or any 30 or 60x magnifying glass. They will look cloudy when ready. You can also keep an eye on the pistils. Pistils basically turn into flower, if there’s still lots of pistils forming, then their still flowering.

I read somewhere that they change colour 9become lighter green to brown) and harvest should be a couple of weeks after that or is that a myth?
They do, but you do not yet know what that looks like. You would be best served by learning to look at the trichomes to determine when they are ripe. That is a gauge that we all can agree on.

Most strains are different, on average most plants are 56 days, which is 7 weeks, others are 9 weeks, some are 12... you just need to refer back to the details of that strain. Some people don’t know the strain, which you would hear that person call it a bag seed. Then your kinda going into it blind...

It may be hard for a beginner grower, but you can keep an eye on the trichomes, with a jewlers loupe, or any 30 or 60x magnifying glass. They will look cloudy when ready. You can also keep an eye on the pistils. Pistils basically turn into flower, if there’s still lots of pistils forming, then their still flowering.
The description on the seed sight said flowers in 7-9 weeks. Thanks for the tip on the trichromes, I'll use that.

@Emilya is a well known member, she clearly knows her stuff. I’m not trying to take away from her knowledge. Just trying to help.
I appreciate your help. You both had some good things to contribute. I'm realizing through this process is that what may work for one person does not necessarily mean it will work for another. That's the beauty of this site is that everyone helps each other sharing knowledge and experience, its perfect!

Day 64, Flowering well under way. Plant 2 is 44" plant 3 is 25".
GG#4 2 & 3 Apr 7 19.JPG
GG#4 2 Flowering Apr 7 19.JPG
GG#4 3 Flowering Apr 7 19.JPG

Back
Top Bottom