my first post im a little nervous

db003

hi guys and gals you can call me db003 as you can see from the title this is my first post lets see a little about my self well I live in the great state of California in the city of long beach I am on social security disability aka ssid so being able to afford medication on a budget is a must for me. which is tough being on a fixed income I share a apartment with someone who is also on ssid and smokes too we both have are medical marijuana cards and we have decided that we should try and turn are closet which is just full of stuff we don't use anyway in to a small grow room which is why I came here to get advice. I have read a lot of the threads from your how to grow column and have found a lot of good info but I still need some help because I have a very long narrow closet and I was trying to figure out the best way to set it up without having to spend a lot of money and get the most out of it.
:lot-o-toke: p.s. the dimensions of my closet are 2.5 feet wide 8 feet tall and 6 feet long

now go do alot of reading!

you have alot to consider.

1. grow medium (soil, coco, air or water?)
2. grow method (scrog, perpetual, etc, many different unrelated considerations)
3. nutes (organic, homemade, brand name mixes, etc)
4. lighting (led, hps/hid, cfl, flouro, plasma even)
5. environmental controls (intake/exhaust, ac, 75-85f, 50%RH)
6. co2 enrichment?

That covers most of it, you will also need to consider any mods to your space such as mylar or panda liner, tables to put pots on, as well as you need 2 spaces to effectively grow, one veg, one bloom, so you need to make your closet into 2 spaces or you need to build a separate small enclosure for vegging.

ok as for lighting I am thinking a 400 Watt HPS Grow Light I want to grow in soil for sure for nutes I am thinking of going with fox farm big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom my closet does not have a window or vent so I might have to cut a hole in the door as for co2 I can pick up some Green Pad Jr. Co2 Generator bags and some Mylar space blankest on eBay to line the walls for my first grow I just want to pick up a few clones form a local clinic veg them out till there a nice size and bloom to full term this will be my first grow so I don't want to have to deal with a veg room and a bloom room till I have some experience

:welcome: db003 to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Welcome! I agree with you that it is more ideal to do a full grow start to finish, rather than having separate veg and bloom rooms. CO2, is also not really ideal unless you plan on sealing your closet. Make sure your temps will be okay when using an HPS lamp, maybe consider a full spectrum LED instead. If you wanna go with HPS also consider a dual ballast that can run MH lamps for veg and HPS for flowering. Research will be your best element for a successful grow. Follow some journals and get a feel for how others have used those same nutes and set ups.

I have some links and video tutorials in my signature that may assist you and your journey here at 420Mag! Glad you decided to join!

:welcome:

All I got to say is yes ultradans and bateos links are great but I'd highly recommend Sweetsues cfl grows. Check it out I think with your situation you may like.

My one disagreement with dan is anyone can do a perpetual garden in any size (almost) but I'm pretty sure dan is referring to your situation which I agree with him.

ok I know I want to go led for sure marhydro seems to be a good brand and cheap to boot which is a big plus for me and I can keep down on heat and not have to install a big vent system with the leds all I have to do is just put a vent in the closet door and put a fan what I want to know is should I get the mars ii 400 watt or the mars reflector 96x3 they cost about the same price $190 for mars ii and $165 for the 96x3 reflector not sure how much for shipping could I still have two plants with the mars ii ? which one do you guys and gals recommend I would be buying it from marshydro's web site not from eBay I have heard horror stories about that already

Back
Top Bottom