TeachMe

Hey guys hero plant is big and bushy and I'd say about 8-12 days from harvest.
Just another question for any pot gurus out there.
I'm reading online that some people trim their fan leaves and basically get rid of the bushness in order to let the bottom popcorn buds develop?? Is it too late to do this is it a good idea to do this??
Would it be better to part harvest the plant I.e trim the top buds when they are ready and leave the bottom of the plant to enjoy the light for a bit and hopefully develop??

I want to increase yield but I want some nice potent smoke too ??

Any thoughts guys ✌️

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would not start trimming now mate it will stress the plant too much especially this late into it, you don't want to to it and make the girls hermie in the last week and a half.
Most people will trim the bottom third of there plants even if you take a few small bud sites that will only be popcorn buds, at latest 2 weeks into flower. So iv been lead to believe mate I'm sure the pro's will chime in and tell you what's what. Also yes iv heard alot of people do a step by step harvest. Me, I just take the lot down as I would struggle to find a area to dry as I use my tent minus the light setup.
Have you sampled any yet? How was it if so?
Hope all is well in your world.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for reply man yeah your right I think mate best to leave it alone at this stage and let it do its thing I think. There was a smallish branch near the bottom I had to get rid of as it was sort of snapped anyway. That won't effect my plant will it? It looks healthy still.

Iv tried some of the buds from that branch and it got me high which is good but the taste isn't quite their yet ? Any tips on that bro

All the best .

I shouldn't do mate aslong as you cut it with something clean and sharp. How did you dry the bud? If you force dry it, ie anything quicker than natural dry will cause the taste and smell to fade, something to do with the plants matter not breaking down certain cells. I really not sure with the fine details there bruv sorry.
Also if you are looking for more taste and smell, cure your buds. If you can wait another few weeks or a month after they are dry. Curing is the method of once your buds are dry, so the stems snap when bent and not bendy. You will the put them normally into glass jars for a month or so, opening once a day or when needed to let any moisture out as when in the jars any moisture left in the middle of the buds will be distributed through out.
I'm far from a expert on this matter so do your research before going ahead with anything bruv.
I know there's a few good threads on here where everyone throws in there methods of what they think is best for dry and cure.
As always mate hope everything is going well in your world.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Thanks bro your a star. I think I will cure for a while as the whole point I'm growing is to try make the best buds possible and I reckon that's worth the wait .✌️

I cut it with scissors man hopefully it's gonna be sweet, I left it in airing cupboard for a few nights and picked it as it was sticky but I Deffo see potential in this grow .

Cheers bro

Yeah I would if I were you, nice to see some that can wait lol most are all to quick to start smoking and end up short changing themselves. Are you still using nutrients btw ???Please do your research before going on with it as every step you take with the cannabis plant has its own risks and problems. Would hate to hear you got a wicked harvest and dryer okay only to go mouldy on the cure or something. you sound like a leveled headed guy and you done this good so far so I'm sure you will do the right thing . There's nothing better than kicking back, lighting up a fat head and slowly feeling that high creep on ya knowing that's all you, I love it bruv knowing that iv growen that.
Triggz.

Just taking mine down now check on plant and bud photos. Title- one down four to go

Triggz my top bud is slightly taller then my grow space so it has to bend a bit, is this a big problem or not worth worrying about as its so close to the end ??

Thanks bro

If it's not bent under the light so it's been fryer to death lol I think you will be okay bruv. Been this late into it your girl shouldn't really get much taller, it will be fattening up the buds. That's where you will see any increase in hight, just from buds swelling so maybe an inch at most, it's hard to give exact numbers as different strains and different plants are all unique. just make sure it gets some air flow around it so it's not squashed against the side and start sweating which could lead to other problems.

Triggz.

Trigzz your there bro Iv got a problem ?? I wake up today and my plant has some brown almost rotten looking buds inside some of the nice buds ?? What could this mean mate any ideas thanks bro

I'm sorry to say it's the worst mate. Does it smell damp like earthy? It's bud rot from the sound of it I would take them down asap as I don't know of anything that fixes it. Ask around first as I'm not an expert in this matter.
Have you had high temperatures and humidity?
Really sorry to hear that mate.
Much peace love and respect.
Triggz.

Mate it was o lay in patches on a few buds lower buds I think it's Deffo bud rot, I read if I chop it all out it could help so I have done that and didn't lose that much tbf.

It rained a lot over last few days so could be damp patches maybe but it's in the sunshine as we speak trying to survive.

If I did have to chop is it ready do you think ?? Lots of orange hairs all over the buds but it's all still very green ??

Sorry to pester you mate ✌️

No your good my friend this is why the sites here to learn from each other, as I just have. I haven't heard that you can chop it out. I always get paranoid over any mould as my lungs aren't the best after years of abuse lol. Best way to check is look at the trichomes brother you will need a magnifier or a very steady hand and good camera and try zoom in on your pic to see is only thing I think if you haven't got a magnifier glass.
Like I said though I'm far from experienced in this matter so try find as much as you can because for all I know they could be saved, it's just I'm funny with mould like I said. You wouldn't eat a mouldy sandwich right?
Try typing in bud rot in the search or if you don't find anything on here I would check Google or something. but I would check here first as it real people posting about real grows. Better to hear it off someone that's been through the same imo.
Got my fingers crossed for you mate
Triggz.

Mate my lungs are Ruined lol I totally don't want to smoke mouldy weed. What happens if you do accidentally lol I won't die will I??

I have no magnifier but I'm as steady as a sniper so will give camera a go man

Thanks a lot bro this miracle plant can't die now!!

Back
Top Bottom