im a newbie with allot of questions

drama420

i just inherited a ton of grow supplies and a gutted rv . my plan is to eventully have the rv set up as a two room grow . i just dont know were to start . untill i get more money to get the rv started i want to start a small closet grow . some of the things i got passed down from me :

2 sun system new wave t5 4 bulb lights
3 slimstar t5 4 bulb lights
3 sunblaze 48 8 bulb lights
2 yeildmaster reflectors with 400w bulbs
1 lumatek digital lighting ballast 46 inch vertizontal reflector
5 125 w cfls with reflectors
1 8 pot water farm unit
2 6 pot hydroponic complete setups
1 36 pot germination hydroponic setup and tons of other little stuff
hundreds of mixed and labeled seeds

so im a little overwhelmed.

the closet is big enough to set up both hydro systems side by side long ways . about 4 fool long and 3 feet deep with about 6 feet top to bottom . is it ok to use one or two of the t5s listed above . and will one cover it ? can i put one up and down beside the plants? being new to all this i wander if its worth buying auto flowering feminized seeds or try to germinate some of the seeds i have ? i know from reading the 400w bulbs are the way to go for better punch and yield . i also have a box of agromax bllom spectrum and grow spectrum t5 bulbs that i suppose need to be swapped around at some point .

please dont be discouraged by my ignorance i am hear to make friends listen and learn :thumb:

Wow thats some present i would also be a little overwhelmed but too start :welcome: to 420 you will get alot of help and advice on here even the newest of newbies can acheive a professional grow with the help of 420 :bong: personally i find hydroponics a little scary i wouldnt recommend hydro for your first grow altho as i say theres profesionals here if u choose that route seek some out there always happy to help, i personally would set up the t5s above and too the sides and the hps paint the walls matte white and throw a few autoflowers in for the first grow in soil so you can figure out the room temps rh venting etc as you go and when you have a feel for it start going with the photo period seeds you have in the hydroponics system :bong:

:ciao: drama420, and :welcome: to the great community here at :420:

Wow, what greats gifts you have received!!

There is a wealth of information within this great community that should help you as you go along. First, here is a thread to post general questions about growing, and as you peruse through it you may very well find answers there already on what you're seeking:

Frequently Asked Questions

It would be very helpful to start a journal here, then members could follow along and help as you need it...in addition to giving great support! Here's how to do that and upload pics too:

How to Make a Grow Journal

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Note: the most common problem on uploading photos is the user not completing all of the steps involved. Be absolutely sure to get that final "process" pics page completed.

You are going to have fun, don't be afraid to post your questions. If you are a first time grower, this is a very good read that is chock full of information on growing/lighting/nutrients etc. etc.:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Here's a thread on grow lighting to post specific questions on that subject or search through it when you have time:
Grow Lighting

Good Luck to you, and most of all Have fun!!
:high-five:

personally i find hydroponics a little scary i wouldnt recommend hydro for your first grow altho as i say theres profesionals here if u choose that route seek some out there always happy to help, i personally would set up the t5s above and too the sides and the hps paint the walls matte white and throw a few autoflowers in for the first grow in soil so you can figure out the room temps rh venting etc as you go and when you have a feel for it start going with the photo period seeds you have in the hydroponics system :bong:[/QUOTE]

im short on money so im trying to get something started in the mean time .. im disabled on a strict budget so i have to rat hole $ when i can . so i started germinating some seeds labeled a.m not sure what will come from them . i would rather use soil as a devils lettuce grower but i already have almost everything for the hydro grow . thats why i can to the site of knowledge now all i have to do is learn to navigate this site and read already asked questions and find out the right topic to post my questions in .

Hi drama420, :welcome: to :420: where there awesome folks to help with your questions.
I have done grows with t5s that turned out excellent. I used 2 4 foot long 4 bulb t5s with red blue bulbs. I had them in the t5 as red blue red blue. It looks like you were very blessed with equipment and seeds to get you going. I love autoflowers but a lot of people do not care for them. To each his own. It would be a very dull world if everyone only liked exactly the same thing. I also like to grow in soil now. I started in hydro. There are a lot of very knowledge people here that are friendly and helpful. Good luck with your grow and keep us updated on how everything is going. If you have any questions please ask. :peace: :Namaste:

i think im gonna setup one of each soil and hydro.. what would b the best soil to use . i saw one last week that didnt need any nutrients for a couple of months but i cant remember the name . also the seeds im germinating right now when they sprout do i move them straight to the clay rocks and plant them or am i omitting a process . also hen i put the plants in the hydro setup do i add nutrients straight to the ph ed water or do i wait for a few days ? sorry for the long ass message :lot-o-toke:

Hi ya again. I wouldn't use soil with ferts already in it personally. The problem is they are slow release and it is very hard to do a good flush. That is not to imply that it is bad, some people have used that kind of soil and reported good results. I like Roots Organic Soil. But that is just a personal preference. I find Ocean Forest to hot for my young plants. What are you germinating the seeds in? Fiber cubes, pucks, coco, I just put my small plants into the hydroton (small clay pebbles) in my hydro system. The soil ones I stick right into the final pot. In hydro I add the nutes to the water then wait a day, then ph it, then add it to my system. Once the system is up and running then add the plants. Make sure that everything is running before trusting your girls to it. It is all good bro, I was full of questions when I started growing. :thumb:

thanks for the reply .. well ii guess i knew less than i thought . i seem to have areoponics systems and not hydro. all i have done so far is put the seeds in water and let them start to sprout in the closet .i thought they went from there to the clay .. its embarrassing how much i dont know i just got this indoor grow bible its just hard to understand .. sorry to bother

It is no problem my friend. I put the seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours to split them and then I put them into fiber cubes with the root pointing down (the pointy end of the seed down). Then I keep them in a tray under a dome to keep them moist and warm. I have a seedling mat under the dome to keep my babies warm. I have my t5s overhead to give them light for growth. They will grow out of the fiber and the root will push the seed shell out. They do not have to be deep. I have the seed just barely under the surface of the fiber. The 2 cotyledon leaves will shed the seed shell and 2 normal leaves will grow out of the top. The seedlings will start rooting and in a few days the fiber cube will have lots of roots in it. Then I put the fiber cube into my soil and let them RIP! They will have to build up a root system so don't get impatient to start with. They will grow slow at first. I hope that this helps you. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom