My First Sprout

The new shoots

new_growth10.jpg
d-14.jpg
new_growth_2_.jpg

Ok everyone well go some news some good some bad. Bad well had a long day at work traveled 4 hours there and back total plus 8 hours of work also my one vehicles broke down on my lady so that took more time. So that means plants was not check on for a long time and hit a light and this one got a little dehydrated I think the pot was dry on top two knuckles down and put my finger a little in the bottom hole which was dry. Good news! the topping or fimming worked still don't know which to call it ALSO TONS OF GROWTH on the secondary shoots?
top_or_fim1.jpg
growth_d-16a.jpg
growth_d-16.jpg
cfl_burn.jpg
Day166.jpg

my inexperienced input,, temp and humidity, fine, not a concern at all, imo, spots, another story,, not sure, but i would look close for bugs, looks like to me, not a positive sign for sure, again, imo,, can i see webbing?? get on it soon, i would say,, get it under a loupe or glass or microscope,

Well in my search for the problem I decided to move my plant under my work light to see better well just so happens I looked underneath and roots where come out from the 3 gallon pot so I pulled it out and needless to say the whole outside was circled with roots about half the way up so I replanted in a 5 gallon pot. I have not been able to find bugs also haven't been able to make it to town yet to by some glass to look though

Repotting was a good move. Wait and see.

Buy yourself some mosquito dunks. Break a small piece of one up and either sprinkle it on your soil or soak it in some water overnight. Either way you introduce a natural larvaecide that is activated every time you water and will eventually kill all the gnat larvae. It takes about a month to get all the life cycles,but it will work. I purchased the product in soluble pods that I cut open and sprinkled into the watering can. So easy and no danger to the soil community other than the gnat larvae.

Including neem seed meal in your soil mix helps, as does using said meal mixed with kelp as a top dress. In time they will boost the health of the soil and the plants to a level that pests are actually repelled.

Edit: A gentle spraying of a mix of 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 3 parts chlorine/chloramine water will kill adults on contact. Lightly though, as peroxide is detrimental to the micro organisms busily raising your plant.

Well the problem has not progressed and the plant is still exploding with growth im going to put some mosquito dunks in the next watering just to be sure. There is no place around me that sells more than 5x magnifying glasses since radio shacks going out of business so I guess I will order one online today. Well I also tried my hand at some lst went great! check this out included a picture of my topping aftermath about to do some more since it worked so good! Also might notice I trimmed a leaf or two they where the ones turning colors.
top_aftermath.jpg

lst57.jpg

the growth looks perfect, wants to grow bad. beat it up good, they love it, actually ask for more,, and i will say this for sure, in my very limited experience, bending the branch to near breaking point, in other words, h.s.t., seems to promote the other shoots on the plant, on either side of the break, to explode with growth, seems to me, cheers

probably l.s.t.has some similar affect as well

:bravo: Applause for the experimental nature. They look nicely done. Did you pause a time or two before that first snip? :laughtwo: I always have a hard time beginning any trimming.

Back
Top Bottom