My first three

hope2grow1

High everyone and happy smoking. Recently I began growng a few plants of my own and I've reached the point in my grow where I don't really know what to do. I initially germinated 8 seeds. Four of them came from a bag I bought in Texas that smelled like flat funk and had a remarkable high. the other four came from a guy i know that blows a lot of "dro". So I don't have specific strain names or anything, All I know is that it's in the cannabis genome. Long story short, out of the 8 seedlings that came up, two I had pest problems with and had to transplant after a few weeks, one I gave away, and the rest ended up dying off. Of those left, two are now in flowering, (the 2 i had transplanted) and one little "skunk" is in the vegetative state under a 24 hour plant Light. I'm growing in a mixture of perlite, peat moss and Miracle grow soil, using only a minimal amount of Miracle grow fertilizer. My lights are 3 "plant grow lights", 2 floro tubes, and two 24 watt floros, rated at 100 watts that emit 1600 lumens a piece, all in a grow box approx. 4x2x6. Here's the deal: I know that I don't have enogh light to produce the buds I see on here, and since I'm really tryin to avoid using ferts, I know my yield will be minimal at best. what I want to know is in what ways can I improve on my existing setup without spending a huge wad of money on lights, co2, fans and all the other trinkets? The two in flowering have shown themselves to be female (I believe?) and I want to harvest one while I clone the other. I believe in trying to do things as close to naturally as possible, which is why I'm not really using fertilizer, but at the same time I want to end up with some good quality green-green as well. Floros are cheap, only 4.95 for two of the 24-watt kind I bought that emits 1600 lumens per bulb, so I can afford about ten of these. Beyond that though, the financially troubled economy has ensured that my resources will be limited to just about how much those are gonna cost. What more can I do without trying to add a bunch of ferts? How many lumens need to strike my two flowering plants so that they bud up right? I'll ad pictures as soon as I learn how to. For now, if anyone has some input I'd love it. I've smoked for 22 years and never really thought to grow myself until this recession hit and the city I'm in began circulating garbage as mids and what not. I've spent enough on seedy weed to last me a lifetime. And now that I've started, it's become a bit of a passion of mine, just watching them grow and mature, all while hoping that the time spent in the end is worth it. Anyone who grows can identify, I'm sure. That being said, all pertinent info is wanted because I can see this becoming more than just a passtime for me and if I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it to perfection.

High everyone and happy smoking. Recently I began growng a few plants of my own and I've reached the point in my grow where I don't really know what to do. I initially germinated 8 seeds. Four of them came from a bag I bought in Texas that smelled like flat funk and had a remarkable high. the other four came from a guy i know that blows a lot of "dro". So I don't have specific strain names or anything, All I know is that it's in the cannabis genome. Long story short, out of the 8 seedlings that came up, two I had pest problems with and had to transplant after a few weeks, one I gave away, and the rest ended up dying off. Of those left, two are now in flowering, (the 2 i had transplanted) and one little "skunk" is in the vegetative state under a 24 hour plant Light. I'm growing in a mixture of perlite, peat moss and Miracle grow soil, using only a minimal amount of Miracle grow fertilizer. My lights are 3 "plant grow lights", 2 floro tubes, and two 24 watt floros, rated at 100 watts that emit 1600 lumens a piece, all in a grow box approx. 4x2x6. Here's the deal: I know that I don't have enogh light to produce the buds I see on here, and since I'm really tryin to avoid using ferts, I know my yield will be minimal at best. what I want to know is in what ways can I improve on my existing setup without spending a huge wad of money on lights, co2, fans and all the other trinkets? The two in flowering have shown themselves to be female (I believe?) and I want to harvest one while I clone the other. I believe in trying to do things as close to naturally as possible, which is why I'm not really using fertilizer, but at the same time I want to end up with some good quality green-green as well. Floros are cheap, only 4.95 for two of the 24-watt kind I bought that emits 1600 lumens per bulb, so I can afford about ten of these. Beyond that though, the financially troubled economy has ensured that my resources will be limited to just about how much those are gonna cost. What more can I do without trying to add a bunch of ferts? How many lumens need to strike my two flowering plants so that they bud up right? I'll ad pictures as soon as I learn how to. For now, if anyone has some input I'd love it. I've smoked for 22 years and never really thought to grow myself until this recession hit and the city I'm in began circulating garbage as mids and what not. I've spent enough on seedy weed to last me a lifetime. And now that I've started, it's become a bit of a passion of mine, just watching them grow and mature, all while hoping that the time spent in the end is worth it. Anyone who grows can identify, I'm sure. That being said, all pertinent info is wanted because I can see this becoming more than just a passtime for me and if I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it to perfection.

If you want to grow to perfection you're going to have to make their environment as perfect as possible. That can be done pretty effectively cheaply, but spending money is really the only way to make it as perfect as possible.

Anyway If you want to keep it really cheap this recent journal had pretty good results and supposedly less than $60 was spent. XSVBuds Indoor Grow, Less than $60 spent total

Also, paragraphs make it much easier to read posts. Just my 2cents.

:peace:

DaleDenton, I appreciate that. Went out today and purchased more lights, adding another 5000 lumens to what I had already inside the box. Also bought peat, vermiculte to begin another grow. My babies look healthy, but they are kinda thin, any advice? they are flowering now,in 12-12

I'm growing in a mixture of perlite, peat moss and Miracle grow soil, using only a minimal amount of Miracle grow fertilizer. My lights are 3 "plant grow lights", 2 floro tubes, and two 24 watt floros, rated at 100 watts that emit 1600 lumens a piece, all in a grow box approx. 4x2x6. Here's the deal: I know that I don't have enogh light to produce the buds I see on here, and since I'm really tryin to avoid using ferts, I know my yield will be minimal at best. what I want to know is in what ways can I improve on my existing setup without spending a huge wad of money on lights, co2, fans and all the other trinkets? The two in flowering have shown themselves to be female (I believe?) and I want to harvest one while I clone the other. I believe in trying to do things as close to naturally as possible, which is why I'm not really using fertilizer, but at the same time I want to end up with some good quality green-green as well. Floros are cheap, only 4.95 for two of the 24-watt kind I bought that emits 1600 lumens per bulb, so I can afford about ten of these. Beyond that though, the financially troubled economy has ensured that my resources will be limited to just about how much those are gonna cost. What more can I do without trying to add a bunch of ferts?
Noting that you have used Miracle Grow Soil and ? Fertilizers already, but want not to use them too. Hmmm. Your lighting will suffice with 10 of the 24watt for what you can do and afford, but for some fertilizers I would suggest looking into maybe some Fox Farms or Earth Juice to supplement as needed. Cost is minimal compared to the results you'll see. sounds like you have maxed out your lighting setup, so maybe a little good fertilizers will pick up the slack your looking for.

Thanx Cherma. Opted out of ferts becuz the MG had "time released" ferts in it and severely burned the first few seedlings that came up by using them. Didn't really pay attention when I bought the MG- 2high-) or wouldv'e gotten a sterilized kind. n e way, now have more vermiculite and perlite that I'm gonna add to these.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom