My Jack Herer is Bleeding?

Big Beans

Whats up guys i have to share with you some shit that hasnt been posted often. You can google the hell out of it if you want to, not much info onit. I personaly know people that have been growing weed for 30+ years and have never seen this before. Im sure there is about 10000+ other people on this site that have never seen this berfore. So if you have seen this please provide a pic from a mag, or your own pick. This is the first time i have expirenced this and iv been around weed ALL MY LIFE!!! Please someone have a reasonable explanation.

IMG_73881.JPG

NORMAL JACK HERER

IMG_7349.JPG
IMG_7350.JPG
IMG_7351.JPG
IMG_73521.JPG
IMG_7353.JPG

BLOODY JACKIE

Feel free to chime in i would love to here your opinions and thoughts!!!:thumb:

Re: My jack here is bleeding!!! Bleeding?

no i just topped here all my vegging plants get the same thing 3 part gh with nitrozime. Thats the only plant to do that. I made sure it wasnt just some funny shit going on so i clipped some of the bottom veg same thing red. As you can see my plants have absolutly no dificencies.

Quick update this is the little ladie we will be keeping a close eye on.

Strain: Jack Herer
Name:Bloody Jackie
From seed:veg about 1 1/2 months
Nutes for veg: 3part gh with nitrozime
grow medium: perlite/ vermiculite
pot size: 1 gal
lights on:24/7

IMG_73991.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

These are picks of the three tops i cut. 1st top i will show you i cut yesturday. Second top will be the one i took this morrning.The 3rd top will be the top i took a few minutes ago. You can tell its a fresh cut by the light reflecting off it and easy to tell different tops by the leaf sets.

IMG_74011.JPG

IMG_74061.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

BLOODY JACKIE

Sorry Big Beans, I couldn't let it alone either I guess, had to do a quick Google. I typed in "why does my plant bleed" and I got a load of hits. Some non related but many from other 420 related sites of which I wont link from here.

In short, as stated before it is NOT uncommon. After a few pages of people asking about the same issue I was convinced enough. Did I see an answer as to why? Here is the best I found in my be it short, Internet Search...

"Guttation is the appearance of drops of xylem sap on the tips or edges of leaves of some vascular plants, such as grasses. At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull. Can also be translated to pressure in the cells of the plant, hence release when cut.

Guttation fluid may contain a variety of organic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. On drying, a white crust remains on the leaf surface.

If high levels of nitrogen appear in the fluid, then that is a sign of fertilizer burn. Excess nitrogen must be leached from the soil by addition of large quantities of water. This may result in water pollution, but is the best way to restore soil fertility.

Guttation is not to be confused with dew, which condenses from the atmosphere onto the plant surface."

Guttation
look it up @ Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Re: My Jack Here is Bleeding?

Bro with all do respect are we looking at the same thing? There has been about 200 people to look at this, that havent said a word. Togetger i just assuming they have grown a combined thousand plants plus. Why are thy scratching there heads as to what the hell that is .I took a unclonable cutting to the guy a the local hydro spot. they were like uhhhhhh:scratchinghead:. I can garinty that between them they have well over a few thousand plants that they have started and finished at somepoint in there lives. They had to take it and bag it to show a few other heads.

And for the WIKI post you just explained to me how almost everyplant on this planet earth works. I read about XLYEM SAP...LOL the only thing i learned is about ANGIOSPERMS:laugh:

There was nothing about ANY kind of plant turning red maybe i just overlooked it.

Soil/Water every few days not over moist
Plant looks very health

ohh last thing on that your still the only one that says its not UNcommon.

IF 2 PEOPLE POST THAT THEY HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE WITH LEGIT CRED WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS I WOULD BE SHOCKED!!!

Things i reaserched. it seems to me its coming down to a single iron compound simillar to blood.
Haematin:in 1919 it was recognized that some of plant iron was present in a form similar to that in the haematin of blood.
Articals that i pull up have words like
Hematoporphyrin/ an iron free derivative of heme. A product of decomposition of hemoglobin. When i here the word hemoglobin i think blood. witch turns into
Phyllo-porphyrin/ a derivative of green plants. A dark red crystalline
Check this out. findings for the first time hemoglobin has been found in plants lacking special adapted root nodules. Myseriously it has been found solely in the root nadules of a SPECIALIZED CLASS of plants that can associate with nitrogen fixing bactteria microrganisms cabable of capturing atmospheric nitrogen and making it available to the plant.. I could read about this forever it only gets better the depper you get into it!!!!They go on to say that it was possible for a plant to develope hemoglobin through insects? Also saying hemoglobin might be a way to tell the amount of oxy to roots. But im done for now i will do some more reserch later, but if i dont come up with a definant awnser thats fine by me know mater how this ends up still cool to see who has seen this and who hasnt.

And to the guy who said its not uncommon.. I skimmed through your post, but where does it say anything about the sap bring red? It's normally just clear or cloudy..

Do the Google search and you will see just how not uncommon it is seeing what appears to be blood. The same question has been asked at many 420 type forums around the net. I rest my case as it were....still don't explain why.

Please let me reiterate that NOT uncommon is being used in the context that I am not the only one to have seen it, and I have encountered others that have as well. If you recall T12 also commented on seeing the same thing numerous times but like with me it has been weirdly random. But like a lot of things in the garden I just don't need to know or understand everything to the nth degree. Sometimes being curious wins, here in point is one case.

The Wiki post was a quick find to show relevance that the aspiration of fluid can happen and why. Root pressure was referenced if I recall. We can see the circumstances based on that post but it does not explicitly explain the color. That would be beyond the scope of that Wiki page. But it did elude to the possibilities and I can see how chemicals/minerals can have influences on said plant. Nothing more than a possible hypothesis at this point.

BB have you been able to reproduce it on any other plant in your garden? Are all your plants the same strain? When I have seen it I was running multiple strains so it wasn't relevant. I do believe it to be the same for Twelve12.

On the topic of NOT uncommon... I could easily say a female turned hermie is not uncommon as well even though I have never seen it. There is no reference to a quantity required to be common or not, other than NOT being totally unique or singular in nature.

Webster says:
Common = a : belonging to or shared by two or more individuals

As in what is common between Big Beans and myself, we have both seen the BLOOD. Add more sightings and it becomes more common.

What is really happening is we are making everyone else aware of it. In the hope, it will be common knowledge here on :420:.

:thumb:

I like that uncommon and two or more people sharing thing but let me give it to you like this...

If 20,000 people who have seen this, that grow and smoke weed. And on the other side there is like 50,000,000 Americans that have never seen this. That still putts that shit as uncommon.

NOTHER EXAMPLE: You see these commercials about the drugs on tv witch they might test a few thousand people. And like 5 of them get jacked up from it... They do not ever say COMMON SIDE AFFECTS ARE..... iTS ALWAYS Some UNCOMMON SIDE AFFECTS ARE. The only common side affect is dry mouth.. And i got that just from taking bong hits.. now thats common.

But thats fine if you want to go top some of your plants thinking its going to happen to you tomorrow or the next day or the week after, wait a min. maybe it will happen in a year or so ... well how bout never.

Ok Ok i want to squash this argument right now. THis thread isnt about me. So please stop trying to convince me, its not me you need to convince its the other 350 people that view this sence i posted the thread last night. Im sure there going:hmmmm: and doing some:reading420magazine: of there own.

So i would just like some positive feed back and please feel free to chime in on your thoughts dont be shy all are welcome.:ganjamon:

I like that uncommon and two or more people sharing thing but let me give it to you like this...

If 20,000 people who have seen this, that grow and smoke weed. And on the other side there is like 50,000,000 Americans that have never seen this. That still putts that shit as uncommon.

NOTHER EXAMPLE: You see these commercials about the drugs on tv witch they might test a few thousand people. And like 5 of them get jacked up from it... They do not ever say COMMON SIDE AFFECTS ARE..... iTS ALWAYS Some UNCOMMON SIDE AFFECTS ARE. The only common side affect is dry mouth.. And i got that just from taking bong hits.. now thats common.

But thats fine if you want to go top some of your plants thinking its going to happen to you tomorrow or the next day or the week after, wait a min. maybe it will happen in a year or so ... well how bout never.

Show me where common has anything to do with averages or the numbers you fictitiously create. One can gather a pool of what ever size they wish to form the result as well. Common is but a word in the English language, fallible like many others, It is often used in many ways like other words in our language. I am sorry you are getting worked up over a word. I explained my effort was to only let you know you did NOT find the fountain of youth. Meanwhile you can GIVE IT TO ME anyway you want. Its all opinion nothing more.

Drug commercials :rofl:
You trust anything they tell ya? I got a car I want to sell you. Of course they will blow it off as uncommon. If some simple item killed my child 1 out of 1mil I would call that to common for my taste. It's sales.....

What everyone wants to elude to is their own personal perception of common. How many explorers had to acknowledge the world was not flat before it was true. How many believe it today yet have never seen it? There is a difference between a common knowledge and common sense. If everybody had it why would we talk about it as common sense? Does it not seem at times like the world around you has no common sense? The line is defined by the context being read. And in the end common to what?

NO hate for the guy at the hydro store but I view most of them like the guy at the auto parts store. He may sell parts but isnt a professional mechanic to be giving advice. Does he have experience? Of course he does, but it is relevant to him and his environment. I would ask about his products and lines to the extent of what he is told to push and what to say. It's sales all the way in most places that drive them. I give more cred to some of our growers here. Our little corner of the world of horticulture is but a small one.

I can say in over 30 years of growing I have never had nor seen a gnat or pest of any kind other than a one time spider mite issue I had years ago. Is that common? Some would say its common to have mites others not so. Again common to what?

Meanwhile Beans, grow brother.... it's all good, perhaps we will find what causes this. I only meant to reassure you that you had nothing to worry about nor any further indications of sins to appear afterward. You didn't discover a new world strain.

I do think we would have been better served with a poll. All we are getting is muddy opinionated water which serves us no purpose.

Have you seen this before?
Yes
No
Heard or read about it

I think we have beat its existence to death.

I do not wish to dominate this thread in any way, but I had an interesting and relevant thought. Let me run it past you. Maybe I am assuming to much as well.

You speak of your plant as a known strain, is this true? If so would it not make sense to contact the breeder or source and see if it is genetics in their strain perhaps. That would be a creditable report for that strain. The scale may then lean towards environmental. Just a thought... maybe we were overlooking the obvious. That is one main reason to raise established strains... track record. Much like animal breeding we can look back at family traits. The grower breeder could answer this one.

Our own grower/breeder Twelve12 has seen it in his travels, so I would only be more curious direct from the horse as it were.

Where as I can only speak as a grower of multiple strains. My experience has shown it to me times before, but as random as my source seed. Each time I have flowered out with no issues. It was just the same fluid but red sometimes. So I accepted it as common occurrence with some variation. But that first time was an eye opener.

Back
Top Bottom