My Jack Herer is Bleeding?

First off smokzalot, im not that guy whos going to get all butt hurt because your posting. when i say feel free. That means feel free to post what ever the fuck you want:welcome:

So im going to go down both your recent post and awnser all the questions.

So Yeah i made up fictitious number but it was just to make a point
Im not getting worked up i enjoy what you have to say.
And yes yes yes I trust drug commercial..(If they tell you this product may cause bloody noses,ulsurs,incressed blood pressure, blah blah blah Fuck yeah i belive that shit. If you dont thats on you bro.
AND FOR THIS UNCOMMON THING YOU TALK ABOUT,BRO..YOU AND TWELVE12 HAVE SEEN THIS THATS IT.. AND YOU SAY ITS UNCOMMON. I THINK YOUR MISTAKING THAT FOR YOU GUYS HAVING SOMETHING IN COMMON. bECAUSE THIS SHITS NOT COMMON.NAME ONE FUCKING PLANT JUST ONE. WHEN YOU CUT IT IN ANYWAY THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT IS RED.

LET ME TELL YOU IM 31 NOW. I STARTED GROWING WEED WITH MY UNCLE IN THE BACKYARD WHEN I WAS A FRESH IN HIGH SCHOOL. MY UNCLE HAS BEEN GROWING WEED FOR 25+ YEAR , I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS LIKE 4 I STEPPING IN A SHOE BOX FULL OF BROWN WEED. MY DAD HAS OVER 30+ YEARS GROWING I HAVE ABOUT 16 YEARS. SO THATS LIKE 70+ YEARS COMBINED...THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN THE SHIT OR EVEN HEARD ABOUT IT. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT TELL YOU.

I CALLED BC BUD DEPOT YESTURDAY THE CALL WENT LIKE THIS......BC BUD DEPOT HOW CAN I HELP YOU. HEY WHATS UP MAN I GOT A QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN GROWING HERB IM SURE FOR SOME TIME NOW SO IF YOU RAN INTO THIS.. OK WHATS UP... WELL I TOPPED ONE OF MY JACK HERER I GOT FROM YOU GUYS AND IT STARTED BLEEDING THIS RED STUFF....WHAT I DONT GET IT... YEAH I TOPPED MY JACK HERER AND IT STARTED BLEEDING....HOLD ON a THIS GUY ON THE PHONE SAYS HE TOPPED A PLANT AND IT STARTED TO OOZ SOME RED SHIT..... NA MAN WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT A KEEPER....

SO ON THAT NOTE WHAT THE HELL HAVE WE LEAREND HERE..WHAT WAS THAT...OHH OK YOUR RIGHT THE ONLY PERSON IM TRYING TO CONVINCE THAT THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IS MYSELF...(SMOKZALOT OK ITS NOT COMMON!!!!!

DONT BE AFFENDED IN ANYWAY IM JUST HAVING FUN WITH YA. im sure your a cool dude and there's like 500 views now but no input hmmmmmmm come on guys i know you started googling as soon as you red the post sooooo what do you guys think.

Hi, i will cover my head with my GB Packers helmet before saying.........yes i have seen it a couple times---been growing for 21 years---- i just thought it was from using molasses lol... anyway some things will remain a mystery. we cant explain everthing. :peace:

hi bro look at that! i got bleeding too but im sure it's from h2o2 on the scissors!

IMG_085112.JPG

IMG_08489.JPG

the cut is almost dry...yesterday was pretty red!

Keep medicated :peace:

I am not offended by any of this Beans. I do wish you wouldn't yell so much. The large words man only make it harder to read. Please stop bashing this senseless wanting to win a word contest. I expressed my meaning was to explain it has been seen before. I wont argue numbers as I would have never and never did say it was common. Uncommon was used in the sense that it has been sighted before. Bigfoot sightings are not uncommon in the NW but, does that mean that Bigfoot is common, NO not necessarily. I will apologize once again for not choosing better terms that suited you.

Lets just settle that this is a rare but not uncommon event. It is very common for the plant to ooze when cut. Just not always red. But as we see it has been seen before. As to my post from 2007 it was only one product to illustrate how this question has been asked before long ago here at 420. Not everyone like you wants a new thread to answer age old questions. The search engine is a great tool, it can only reveal if you know the key words to look for. Same s Google. You claimed to have found nothing via Google yet I found results page after page from my first feeble attempt. I even gave the search terms used so anyone can see the results for themselves. I can only show my original point that this has happened before and will happen again. Never have I eluded to knowing why, that answer I search for still. But I do beleive we are on track with normal plant processes. If your Grower/Breeder had never seen it, then that shows me it is environmental not genetic. I am assuming you spoke with the guy that works the crops himself and he is the current and long time person. The world is much larger than you or I, or my friends I have known that grow since the 60's as well. Help me understand what your qualifications are for common as well as uncommon, so I know exactly where you stand. Is there a number you look for or is it just choice?

The numbers that speak here vs views, may be limited as some will choose to not enter this bantering room but yet find it entertaining. Some will find it pointless as it has not amounted to anything constructive. I know we have grower here that hold vast amounts of experience and I am sure have an opinion as well.

Let us focus on the issue as you briefly suggested. Can we agree it exists elsewhere in the world, other than your garden and mine? Simple question. Then let's see if we can find out if more in this little corner of the world have as well. Perhaps we can share and discover why. I have no lab but my eyes and the eyes of others. So the collective experience of others is what this place is about.

I solicit others to join me in this quest to understand what is happening to cause the coloration. Comments? Are we on the right track with Gutation theory?

Some food for thought:
What are the forces that make water to flow within the xylem from the roots to the leaves?

Water enters the roots due to the root pressure and a water column is maintained within the xylem from the roots to the leaves. The most important factor that makes water ascend is transpiration, mainly in the leaves. As leaves lose water by transpiration their cells tend to attract more water creating suction inside the xylem. The cohesion property of water that keeps its molecules bound (one pulls the other) by hydrogen bonds helps the process.

What is root pressure?

Root pressure is the pressure that forces water from the soil to be absorbed by the xylem of the root. It is due to the osmotic gradient between the interior of the root and the soil.

Transport in plants occurs on three levels:

* the uptake and release of water and solutes by individual cells
o absorption of water and minerals from he soil by root cells
* short-distance transport of substances from cell to cell
o loading of sucrose from photosynthetic cells into the sieve tube cells of the phloem
* long-distance transport of sap within the xylem and phloem
o this is a whole plant phenomena - transport of photosynthate from leaf to root

Absorption of Water and Minerals by Roots

Absorption is a surface area phenomenon - the more surface area there is, the more absorption there will be.

* Root hairs - extensions of the root epidermal cells to increase surface area
* Mycorrhizae - fungal associations with roots - greatly increase surface area
o as much as three meters of fungal hyphae can extend from each centimeter of root
o this is an ancient association - some of the oldest terrestrial plant fossils have fungal associations
* As water is drawn into the root, dissolved minerals are also brought into the root
* Water flows through the apoplast and the symplast on its way to the xylem
o The majority of the water, however, travels through the apoplast

I also look at a bigger picture than just Cannabis, horticulture itself. I do believe collective information and research has been severely limited with Cannabis field, so the data is not there like other plants. But here is an example from outside the box we live in here at 420.

Flowers with Bleeding Stems

Some blooms and foliage lose significant moisture when they are cut from the parent plant. These are called bleeding stems. In some cases the plant sap actually oozes from the cut from the moment of the cut. This ooze continues until the plant forms a 'scab' or callus over the cut area. In the time that it takes the callus to form the stem may have lost substantial important moisture. Aside from being a possible irritant to the skin of the florist this sap may also be toxic for other flowers that share the same water.

In a somewhat dramatic form of flower conditioning the cut is exposed to the flame of a candle or match for a couple of seconds which cauterises the cut. This prevents the flow of plant sap but does not prevent the stem from drinking water. Stems that have been properly cauterised can safely share the same water as other flowers however if the stems are cut again prior to arranging them they must be cauterised again. An alternative to flame is to dip the cut area in boiling water but take care to protect the foliage and flower heads from any steam damage.

Experienced florists take the precaution of wearing protective gloves when handling bleeding stem-types. Some even wear protective goggles to prevent any irritation of the eyes. The sap of many plants can cause irritation to humans but particular care should be taken when dealing with any plants that leak any milk white latex sap such as that found in euphorbia. Hellebores also produce an intensely irritating or burning sensation on the skin.

Although they are in the hollow stem group narcissi and daffodils produce sap that can be toxic to other flowers if they share the same water. They cannot be cauterised so the best way to deal with them is to stand them in water by themselves immediately after cutting. Change the water after one hour and leave them to stand for at least another hour. Following this they can be mixed with other flowers.

Bleeding stemmed flowers include poppies, all types of ficus, and most types of euphorbia.

---

Nothing more here than noted, it occurs elsewhere with variety as well.

And right after my post I find this 420 thread...Pruning Cannabis

I love the 420mag, its in here, just need to look for it.

Did I read this right?

"In marijuana, the sap is usually colourless, although a bright red colour - it looks like blood - is not uncommon in later life."

When is considered later life? my plants are around 2 months or so. I just took a few bong hits of some strawberry cough. it tast like taking fat bong hits of incents and finishes with a berrys incent tast or like berrys and the way cider wood smells.
overall dont like it much... bong hits of incents not for me.

sorry if you think i was yelling my apologize i was:bigblush: anyway thats just another article about bleeding stems i know it happens. The viewers know it happens but please someone besides myself and the jenerous phota up top just take a pic of your plant thats doing the same thing. then this thread will die like the one you said you pulled up in 07. but untill then im going to take a clone from her in a week veg her out see what happens. we will find out if its a gene thing or possibly a bacteria i read a small peace on purple bacteria. The same time i will take a pic of the roots to see wtf is going on. So if you can keep digging see what you come up with.:welldone:

When is considered later life? my plants are around 2 months or so. I just took a few bong hits of some strawberry cough. it tast like taking fat bong hits of incents and finishes with a berrys incent tast or like berrys and the way cider wood smells.
overall dont like it much... bong hits of incents not for me.

I would only assume later in life would mean the plants life. As no reference point was given it is an unknown at this time. I look forward to seeing what the clone does. Curious as well if that plant continues to do so later if pruned. Is it correct to assume this trait appeared at first cut of this strain? Wanna set the correct order of events in my mind.

If i understand you correctly. When you say first cut you mean very first topping? If so i really couldnt tell you. I dont pay attention to much when im topping kinda just cut and go. i thing the only reason i noticed is because i was a lil buzzed lol and i was in the veg room. i kinda just looked at her and was like:scratchinghead: you look like you need to be cut.. it was the only plant i topped that night. But im sure i would have notice some red at one point. So i really dont know . but maybe it wasnt i would think i would notice something like that. But as you can see no health issues.

Lesson for the day:

Anthocyanins:the 3rd pigment that accures in plants is anthocyanins, this class pigment absorbes blue blue green and green light. Unlike chloraphyll and carotene, anthocyanins are noT attatched to cell membrains, but are desolved in the SAP. the colors are sensetive to ph of the SAP cell. If the sap is acidic the pigment will impart a bright red color, if the sap is less acidic the color of the sap will be more purple. Anthocyanins pigments are responsible for the red skin in ripe apples and the purple of ripe grapes.
Anthocyanines are formed by a reaction of SUGARS AND CERTAIN PROTEINS IN CELL SAP. this does NOT acure untill the CONSINTRATION of SUGARS in SAP is QUITE HIGH. this reaction also requires light.

So now i ask myself:
anthocyanins are CERTAINE PROTINES does mine carry more than most?
My ph at runoff is 6.7 does that explain why the color is not bright red nor real purple?
And last but not least. If my plant needS high amounts of sugar to create this pigment. how is it doing it with gh 3 part. and will my buds be sweater than the average jack herer being NOT ALL WEED PLANTS CAN PRODUCE THOSE KIND OF HIGH SUGAR LEVEL ESPECIALLY IN VEG TO CREATE THOSE KINDS OF PIGMENTS.

well if your plant has those high sugars your in luck. i cant tell what to take of the bleeding jack but who knows. i used the 3 part general hydroponics not that long ago. youll like it. hopefully your jack does produce some monster tasting weed man. thatd be cool if it was more potent than the average jack herrer

please google why does anthocyanin change color you will find some great info on whats going on with my plant!!!!!

doesnt matter what anyone says my baby is Special.:morenutes:

one thing is for sure i havent seen a red fluid leave my plant yet and i just fimmed a few tops last night and didnt see none on any of my plants. you deffinately have a diamond in the rough

Back
Top Bottom