My kids are dying!

Pastuluchy

So this is the first time I'm growing. Being a dumb dumb isnt helping.
I've been lazy and haven't been ph'ing my water on top of using distilled water. This problem started with one plant almost immediately and had started to go to the other plants.
Little brown/gray blobs on older leafs and they shrivel and die.
Any ideas?
20190925_160146.jpg
20190925_160142.jpg
20190923_052852.jpg

First - :welcome: to the forum!

It looks like your plant is suffering from multiple nutrient deficiencies. We need more information about your grow as there is more than one possible cause for this. Please follow the link in my signature block for help with your grow.

it looks like you've answered your own question. i'd say start to correct pH and they should recover.

it looks like you've answered your own question. i'd say start to correct pH and they should recover.

It could be pH, overwatering, not enough cal/mag, or something else. We need more information for an accurate diagnosis. The pH requirements are different for grows in soil, or a soil less grow like coco/perlite. Control of the pH is mandatory, but we can't give the values without knowing what substrate is being used.

The biggest def you have right now is Mag def. Before you treat it get you pH in check if you are feeding it. Distilled water comes in at 6.9-7 and most likely when you added nutes(if any) you've dropped it way low.
The rusting and yellow shows Mag def and the tips curled up are very late stages. Those will continue to drop off and die.

The biggest def you have right now is Mag def. Before you treat it get you pH in check if you are feeding it. Distilled water comes in at 6.9-7 and most likely when you added nutes(if any) you've dropped it way low.
The rusting and yellow shows Mag def and the tips curled up are very late stages. Those will continue to drop off and die.
any distilled water i've ever tested comes out at about 5.5

any distilled water i've ever tested comes out at about 5.5

Guess it depends on where the info comes from. I test mine and it comes in at 6.9-7 every time.

Guess it depends on where the info comes from. I test mine and it comes in at 6.9-7 every time.

weird. that's not usual lol

Welcome to 420 Magazine.
Looks like you answered your own question for the most part. ("I've been lazy and haven't been PH'ing my water on top of using distilled water") You already seem to understand that you can't grow blind and not monitor the PH. This is very important. Do you have a ph pen or test kit? You absolutely need this, and you need to use it every time faithfully.
Get your PH in check and provide more info as the others have suggested. Then we can best direct you to the fastest recovery process.

I'm not sure why that site says 5.8, seems awfully acidic for distilled water.

View media item 1713715

jesus i could have gone without reading the word gastric juices this morning :laugh:

the first time i measured distilled water i freaked out and called my buddy who works at the treatment plant here. he explained the same thing about the carbon in the atmosphere entering the water and lowering the pH. the store bought stuff and the stuff that i collect out of the freezer is much lower than 7.

Ya I don't know what to say. I open a new bottle and it says 6.9. I use a bottle half filled and it says 6.9. Maybe in Canada it's a metric thing going on :)

**EDIT: Oops, you're from Ontario...scratch that!

hey! i'm from northern ontario. we're actually not american up here LMAO. good one tho.

Looks like it's root bound. And the orange red on leaves looks a bit like rust/mold but it also looks like nutrient problem. But all could be caused from stress of being root bound.

Distilled water is usually neutral. 6.9 to 7. Nothing in it to make it acidic. Acidic distilled water is unusual.

a quick google search will teach you otherwise.

Distilled water if it is left out in the open air will absorb carbon dioxide and become acidic over time but if it is distilled and sealed in a container should be ph 6.8 to 7.

If your getting distilled water at 5.8 it's not distilled water anymore. And needs to go through the process again to purify it.

Go get some that was distilled properly and put into sealed containers right after. All the distilled water I have ever bought was ph neutral or very close. Nothing worse than 6.9.

So this is the first time I'm growing. Being a dumb dumb isnt helping.
I've been lazy and haven't been ph'ing my water on top of using distilled water. This problem started with one plant almost immediately and had started to go to the other plants.
Little brown/gray blobs on older leafs and they shrivel and die.
Any ideas?
20190925_160146.jpg
20190925_160142.jpg
20190923_052852.jpg
My plants are doing this after 61 days of flowering hard. I grew in soil, abd used 13 13 13 rime released that I ground up and dissolved into water. I had no issues and used it 3 to 4 times a week in various strength all the way up to last week when I stopped feeding because I'm 2 weeks from 70 days in flower, and need to he done. I also used Epsom salt occasionally and coffee grounds to help with nutes. Best of luck with the kids.

Back
Top Bottom