My nephew and I are about to start our first grow

Oh. And I usually add CO2 the last 30 days of veg (when I take them from the closet to the tent). I do this "organically" by making wine outside the tent and using a feeder tube from the wine demijohn to the top vent of the tent. This produces a massive amount of co2 for 30 days. You don't need co2 during bloom. Plus I get wine and weed when I'm done. Yay me! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Some notes on your 2 strains. Bubblelishious and Northern Lights.
-Both are very easy to grow
-both strains are very hardy and resilient for novice growers.
-Both strains will grow 4-5 feet.
-Both strains are good for scrog, LST, manifold and flux.
-BOTH STRAINS LIKE COOL FRESH AIR.
Keep it cool, keep it breezy.
-Northern lights is prone to mould and fungus. Avoid foliar spraying. Wash well at harvest.
420-magazine-mobile74266455.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2011740960.jpg

Again I want to thank you guys for all you info, i'm happy that there are people like yourselves willing to help begginers like us.
JimmyJames we have plans to go ROLS and we have a batch of super soil cooking at present as I said b4 we have (2) 300 watt led panels
420 edited the name brand so i'm leaving it out also they thought I might b a robot advertising for the led light company. So here is a list of what we have on hand, can you tell me what we are missing.
1) 24x48x60 tent
2) 300 wat full spectrum led panels
2) 23 watt cfl 2700k bulbs and fixtures
2) 23 watt cfl 6500k bulbs and fixtures
3 cu ft super soil
1.5 lbs EWC left over
1.5 lbs bat poop left over
5 lbs left over rice hulls plan to use for top cover
100 live red wigglers for super soil
10 gal smart pots
and about 3 lbs of left over soil amendment mix
jar of grandma's unsulphered blackstrap molasses
2) oscilating fans
2) timers
2) 3 function moiture meters, moisture, ph, and light. cheap at $10 bucks each

You're off to a great start.

But with some of those items you may encounter serious problems.

Best of luck

You won't need the worms or the guano. If you use guano chances are you'll over do it and get Nitrogen toxicity. Guano works better outdoors. If you want guano, use Earth Juice grow. It has guano, worm casings and many other organic compounds specially formulated for Cannabis.
I don't know what super soil is but if you're using a custom mix on your very first Grow I would advise against it. Unless you have the ability to measure and formulate your own soil you risk damaging your Grow.
Try to keep it simple.

If you want to customize a little please consider getting a soil test kit. They are around $20 and are a invaluable tool for diagnosing your soil before you use it and throughout the grow to determine and prevent problems.
420-magazine-mobile1577770946.jpg

It will allow you to mix up a small batch of soil and perform a four-part test and see if you get the mixture right.

I'm on the fence about the first video. He says he never uses fertilizer, ph meters or really anything that 90% of the pro growers use here at 420.
And is that fucking hay or straw on his soil? That's the quickest way to infect your plants, soil and home with harmful bacteria and spores. Inhaling mould from hay, straw, corn stalk, etc, can cause a very serious disease called "Farmers Lung". Spores from two types of bacteria, "Micropolyspora faeni" and "Thermoactinomyces vulgaris", and certain types of moulds called "Aspergillus" are the major causes of Farmer's Lung.
I'd have to say taking video one's advice is not recommended.

so ths is what my soil has in it
1cu ft coco coir mix
1/2cu ft humus (compost)
1/2cu ft EWC
1/2cu ft vermiculite (aeration)
1/2cu ft rice hulls (aeration)
then I had a custom mix made of the following amendments and I added 2 cups of the total mix per cu ft to my soil mix in my tumbler to cook and mix.

4 Cups Kelp Meal
1 Cup Alfalfa Meal
1 Cup Fish Meal
1 Cup Neem Meal
1 Cup Fish Bone Meal
1 Cup Crab Shell Meal
1 Cup Oyster Shell Flour
1 Cup Gypsum
2 Cups Gaia Glacial Rock Dust
1/2 Cup Bat Guano
2 Cups Azomite

That looks good. Not simple and I hope too much Nitrogen doesn't hold in the soil come flower.
But I guess you're set.
I just would have bought ProMix and EJ for $20 all together but it's your Grow.

Mix up a batch at test it with a $12 soil test kit. I'd be curious to see what your ph and NPK values are.

Didn't post. Lol.
Like I said. Mix it up and test the soil. Use science man. You need comparative data and the most economical way to get this is for $13.82 at Walmart.
420-magazine-mobile915800784.jpg

You only need the 1L bottles. Stuff lasts forever. There's a whole line if you feel like going crazy but I just use the Grow, bloom and the Catalyst and Molasses when the buds swell.

Back
Top Bottom