My plan for this season

nice trimming Spec!!! that bud looks looks a beauty!! :bravo: maybe all the hard work and patience will pay off after all!!!

I went to spot no.1 this morning to check on things there, all looking good!! :yahoo: no sign of rabbits or deer so pleased with that!
one of the WWxBB:
100_3028.JPG

top view:
100_3029.JPG

HimaGold:
100_3030.JPG

top view:
100_30311.JPG

WWxBB:
100_30321.JPG

top view:
100_30331.JPG

will probably leave them to it for a week or two, or until we have some more hot weather, has been alot of rain recently, and the soil mix is holding it well. :thumb:

just wanted to share this pic of this funny little runt plant:
100_3037.JPG

:thedoubletake: :rofl: :laughtwo: :biglaugh:
(is one of the donated misc.) am going to leave it on the deck all summer so i can have a chuckle every time i see it.. don't have a name for it yet... any suggestions?

I also had a go at a FIM on the 2 tallest of the 3 misc. the other one i topped, in an attempt to slow them down so the HG in the tent can catch up, only got a pic of my 1st FIM attempt before the camera battery died:
100_3035.JPG

...will post the other FIM and the one i topped tomorrow...

Alpine...those are looking great...and I know we are having some weired weather this year...when it isent raining here it is 92 deg. or 60 deg....no happy medium...hot, cold or wet...now hot and wet I like lmao...sorry to see the deer get 1 of yours...I went out on the 30th to do a check on the ones I had out...wow I took some casualties as well...2 had shown to be male..so they got the big yank...vermen had eaten 2 of them down to a stem..these were 2' plants...oh well...mabey they will come back..and there is a thief amoung us..best count he got me for at least 6 mabey more..it was getting dark...rode his 4 wheeler in and just dug them rite up...well I hope they do well for him..what comes around goes around...and mabey he will leave the rest alone...lol...wishfull thinking..

Spec...that looks like a mighty nice smoke...nice work...good news, I got home from work last nite and the farmer was working ground...will be planting today..so I can get my sweet corn in on the edge of the field...he left me a row or 2..that makes me happy..and finially dry enough to work up the garden and get it planted today..tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, carrrots, pickles, red beets, squash and zuchine...I know that isent how it is spelled but oh well...lol..

with so many casulites I was thinking of taking a bunch of clones from 1 plant I have just to try to get the numbers back up...I would like to stay in the 40-50 range...I still have 23 close to me that were waiting on the farmers...but 3 of those have been veg. for awhile..they have been fim...they are roughly 3' tall and 18-20" across...one of those is what I am thinking about sacraficing for clones..

oh me and the gf...did the big chop on 2 of them a few days ago..drying now then to cure...the other 2 will be prob sun...first 2 will prob yield 2 oz..each the other 2 mabey 3 oz. combined...tried the sampler...the effect was better that average but very harsh...hope it is just becouse it wasent dried correctly or cured at all....I am not into harsh smoke...if it is I may have to make an anonomus donation to some one..lol..prob to the guy I think stole my plants...lol...put it in an envolope ant stick it in his mail box some nite..

pork loin was the bomb...people get word I am cooking it and just happen to stop by for a beer..lol...I get a kick out of it...so I always make sure there is enough to feed the masses..I went from cooking 1 small one just for me and the gf to a half of one now I am up to 2 half ones or 1 full one...depends what is on sale...then I stock up...if any one ever leaves my place hungery or thirsty it is their own damn fault...lol

well men I need to go get at it....that garden isent going to plant its self...

and keep in mind.....Go GREEN...lol

H, so sorry to hear about your casualties!! hope you have more luck with the rest of them!! :goodluck: I'm thinking how best to build a rustic anti-deer barrier next time i go up to spot 2.. will see how things are looking..
I like your idea of the anonymous donation to the suspected puller... :rofl: how far along were the one's he got? at least you have some more that he can't get his sticky little fingers on! sounds like they are doing well! let us know how the cloning goes!

Alpine...best of luck with the anti deer barricade...were you thinking of moving them inside...lol...I think if those critters want somthing bad enough they will keep at it till they get it....that is 1 persistant animal..

the ones he got were around 2' tall and about 11-12" acrossed....veged in the house till weather was fit...he will have to replant...well lets say transplant and grow for about another 4 months......

Top work alpine, those girls look like they are growing with gusto! One single damaged plant is pretty good going so far dude, keep up the good work :high-five:

H, sorry to hear about your issues....i guess you have to factor in some losses when going geurilla! Hopefully the rest will be left alone. At least your local thieves are willing to put in some effort....the ones ive had experience with wait until all the hard work is done and take 'em when theyre ready to smoke!

Ive arrived back home from a weekend away today and the BB bud was prety much dry. Got it out the drying box and here it is...
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_083.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_084.jpg

Gonna try it out although its got that "just dried" bushweedy smell (especially since i fast dried it...not the best idea as i sure you know!). Im gonna crack into it now and let you know what is like .....

Well, once I cracked open a nugget from the bottom the sweet smell came gushing out. Not convinced about an actually "blueberry" undertone but certainly fruity!

Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry.jpg

Smoke a bit harshe, but not overly harshe considering that its been quick dried over only 4 days and has had zero cure time. Got a cold peroni at hand though so all good! Tell you about the high in a few minutes.......

KaPOW...straight into your head with a nice quick cerebral high! Only smoked half the joint and already lean....wasnt expecting it to be this strong I have to say. Not super skunk but a nice fruity mid-level smoke. Look forward to getting some nicely cured in the jar for a few weeks to bring out the best in her!

nice bud Spec!!! :goodjob: looks like you'll be enjoying that for a while to come...

here's how the ER's are lookin'.....(Mary)

100_30661.JPG

100_30601.JPG

so pleased with these little ladies!! i would definitely recommend the EasyRyder's to anyone wanting an easy strain to try out 1st time round.. and also to anyone who hasn't grown them yet.. a pleasure indeed! (and i havn't even cut them yet!!)
will post a smoke report in the next week or so...

HARVEST DAY!!!!!
:yahoo:

Mary got the chop.. was sad to see her leave this world.. she so pretty!! :adore:
am not sure if the 24 hrs of dark helped with resin production as she was pretty much covered as it was!!
weighed her out of interest... just over 100 grams, and am pretty pleased with that. :thumb:
here she is drying in the cupboard:
100_30773.JPG

buds are very dense.. here she is a little closer...
100_30784.JPG

smoke report to come in near future...

What can I say Alpine....those buds look fantastic! :bravo:

Let us know how the smoking goes, the Easy Ryders I grew last cycle were the strongest autos ive experienced and it looks like yours are up there too.....expect it will sit you down real quick!

another update....

thanks Spec. so far the little bits i have smoked that have been any where near dry enough have been pretty nice.. a quite smooth earthy flavour with a decent hit. not put-you-on-your-ass smoke just yet... but give it a week or two to mature and i'm sure it will be very very tasty. it's sticky as hell!! :high-five: smells lovely, and has lots and lots of resin. BOOM! :slide:

went up to check on the outdoor ladies yesterday and today... all looking good apart from one of the WWxBB on spot 1. had been severely attacked by a slug or snail... slimy little f**ker!! could see it's slime trail on the stem and one or two leaves that hadn't been eaten:
100_30813.JPG

100_30802.JPG

'HG' (spot1):
100_30822.JPG

100_30832.JPG

WWxBB (spot1):
100_30853.JPG

100_30841.JPG

100_30863.JPG

100_30875.JPG

Spot2: 'HG':
100_30883.JPG

assorted mayhem:
100_30902.JPG

100_30912.JPG

100_30933.JPG

100_30941.JPG

even the one that got stomped is still growing green!!
100_30982.JPG

100_30991.JPG

:phew:

all recieved a little feed and a very gentle prune, just the bottom leaves to try and encourage them upwards.. (fingers crossed!) just need some sunshine now!!
i also added a ring or rock salt around as many as i could before i ran out so hopefully it'll keep those greedy slugs and snails away. not sure how it/they climbed the chicken wire.. oh well.. only 2 casualties so far.. just hope the rest make it thro!

Alpine, they are looking great....keep up the good work (and hiking by the looks of that spot!). I freaking hate slugs so I hope you nail the greedy b*stards! I reckon both your casualties are still gonna make it, casualties rather than fatalities! Ive had good comebacks from worse damage than that dont worry too much.

Not so jealous of your easy ryder buds today as I found a stray oz from my last grow of er in the loft this morning......although I reckon your buds look tighter than the ones I have! :bravo:

Alpine, I was just having another look at your shots and ive come to the conclusion that the deer who broke your plant has actually LST'd it for you, FOC! Haha!

had been severely attacked by a slug or snail...

Might want to check your local garden center for a copper "tape" product that you can put on the ground around plants - slugs/snails don't seem to cross the stuff.

Would probably scream "cultivated plant" to anyone that walks past the stuff, but so does the poultry netting, lol.

UPDATE TIME...

hi everyone!! and... :welcome: to the next chapter in my little experiment...
has been a busy couple of weeks with work, so not taken any pictures.. but after going up to check on eveything the other day i thought i should share, so here we go:

these are all from spot no. 2:

WWxBB
100_31731.JPG

100_31741.JPG

"HimalayanGold"
100_31763.JPG

this is what I think is responsible for the damage to the other WWxBB on spot no. 1:
100_31771.JPG

I'm not sure what it is yet, have done a bit of searching but still no clue.. :hmmmm: it looks like a slug, or a small larvae of some sort. I found them hiding in what looks like a foamy, spit-like substance. had removed one from the damaged plant on spot no.1 already, so when i found his cousin i took a picture then he took a short flight down the hill!! :ciao:

miscellaneous madness:
100_31783.JPG

100_31792.JPG

100_31801.JPG

here's ol' stumpy that got trampled:
100_31811.JPG

as you can see the old growth that had started to bend up has died off now, but there is new growth coming from the the snap in the stem! :high-five:
100_3182.JPG

looked much healthier once i removed the dying trampled part:
100_31833.JPG

will be interested to see what (if anything) it produces!
the rest are doing really well and starting to bush up a bit too! all must be getting on for 3ft. now. figure they could get to 8ft. easy with some good sun and rain. :goodluck:
will post an update of spot no.1 in next day or two...

alpine that is just beautiful plants your growing outdoors cant go wrong with mother nature do you add nutes to the ones that are in the ground?

Back
Top Bottom