My sativa plant is growing up up and away!

Thank you! Really, seriously, thank you for all your help.

It obviously looks like it needs more light. Looks very trainable though, I was picturing a large bush. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting it into a size and shape you want, especially if you can get it flowering before too much longer. If it doesn't want to bend as far as you want all in one go, do it in stages. I took a 7' tall plant and got it horizontal to the ground- just by bending a bit each day. Incidents like the crimped stem you had yesterday aren't a big problem. I sometimes supercrop (gently but firmly squeeze the stem till it 'pops' and goes soft) to make the stem more pliable and easy to bend. It thickens and grows stronger in that spot afterwards, making the plant stronger than before. Also slows down the growth for a little while on the supercropped branch, which helps control the height. Search supercropping- another useful trick to know

You guys are awesome! Lol

And that's good to know. I was trying to do it a little at a time, then the second attempt did the bend. Should I wait a few days before trying to manipulate again, or should I try again tonight when she wakes up?
Also, concerning the lighting, like I said, unfortunately, I have to try to make what I have work. Any tips on magnifying what I have to work with? I feel like a tweaker putting a bunch of foil up, but if it works...

:bump:

This site gets busy at certain times of day - sometimes people are working or sleeping depending on what part of the world they are living in.
I would skip using foil and just use paint- flat white- easier and better. Available in heaps at any junkyard if you don't have any or don't want to buy new. There's only so much you can do without adding more lighting. Base it on the lighting per square foot reccomendations given in the links above. Sativas love light, and during flowering will want even more.

I never thought of paint. That's a great idea!
And sorry, I wasn't meaning to be impatient. I'm use to baby center where the Bitches be on it like white on rice. Lol but y'all are MUCH nicer than those hormonal mamas. Haha

Back
Top Bottom