My [Very] Poorman's GrowBox | CFL Reflector | Stealth | Criticism Welcome

I like the way you think. I am a cheapskate grower myself.

I see no reason to change the color of the lights. Lots of people repeat things they heard from someone else on here and speak it as it was a proven fact. I buy all my bulbs at Walmart and Lowes on sale and have had explosive growth.

One thing. You are packing your lights into the reflector. Half the light from those bulbs is not making it to the plants. If you hung your lights vertically from the reflector more light would reach your plant. That would be safer too, from a heat build-up point of view.

I'd get those dying leaves off the plant. I'm not sure if mildew can spread like mold, but in any case I believe those leaves are more of a liability than an asset to your plant's health.

So it is "Mildew"? i was leaning to more like the reflector i made has created hotspots and burnt em, but im the noob so eh haha, what should i do to help her out?

I like the way you think. I am a cheapskate grower myself.

I see no reason to change the color of the lights. Lots of people repeat things they heard from someone else on here and speak it as it was a proven fact. I buy all my bulbs at Walmart and Lowes on sale and have had explosive growth.

One thing. You are packing your lights into the reflector. Half the light from those bulbs is not making it to the plants. If you hung your lights vertically from the reflector more light would reach your plant. That would be safer too, from a heat build-up point of view.

I read most light off CFL's come off the sides, reading this made me think the light would come vertically? And yeah the heat things starting to worry me it gets warmer and warmer under the reflector every time i check it i reckon..

So it is "Mildew"? i was leaning to more like the reflector i made has created hotspots and burnt em, but im the noob so eh haha, what should i do to help her out?

I read most light off CFL's come off the sides, reading this made me think the light would come vertically? And yeah the heat things starting to worry me it gets warmer and warmer under the reflector every time i check it i reckon..

Yeah since the lights are longer than they are wide, the most light does come from the sides because there is more surface area. You have to expose as much of the bulb surface area to the plants as possible. When you put half the bulb length into the reflector you are not exposing the plants to that area that is closest to the reflector.

The ballast for CFLs is contained in the base of the bulb. That is where all the heat is and there is no airflow in your configuration.

If you dangled your lights down from the reflector you would have more light reaching the plants and you would allow more airflow around the ballast and therefore better cooling.

Male or Female? I cant tell, there looking like balls to me but it looks like out is sorta opening up and growing something out..
SDC13941.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pictures...
Heres other spotted pre-flowers
SDC13942.jpg

SDC13940.jpg

hey man its looking good. I will be following you. here is some bagseed i have under (1)125 watt 2700k CFL and (2)55 watt 2700k CFLS. This is a week and a day into 12/12.

5159747167_76631e46e5.jpg

peace

siiiick, A couple CFLs + Bag Seed = what i'm doing lol

got seeds germin as we speak

check out my home built grow box...i'll be posting pictures of the grow as well once it progresses.

hey man its looking good. I will be following you. here is some bagseed i have under (1)125 watt 2700k CFL and (2)55 watt 2700k CFLS. This is a week and a day into 12/12.

5159747167_76631e46e5.jpg

peace

Looks madd mate nice :)

Alright so now theres 2 40watt 2700k, and one 20watt 4100k.
First plant showed his balls about aweek ago.
I got a second plant in there now that vegged for around a month and a half and just put em into the box on 12/12. I'll update with pictures soon.

added a 10watt cfl on the left side of the box, one 8watt behind the plant(at the back) and another 8watt on the right side,(Keep in mind im on a very tight budget, all these were found around the house including the sockets and lampcord) So now i have a total of 86watts. Including the 2 30watts on the ceiling. This box is looking more and more ghetto everyday:D

all first fanleaves off the smaller, 1st plant have died off and now is left looking like a lollipop... no matter as long as i get some smoke outa her i dont mind, shes my first ever grow and really was more of an experience thing. im still stressing theres not enough light, im planning to bend her over to get those lower budsites more light

added a 10watt cfl on the left side of the box, one 8watt behind the plant(at the back) and another 8watt on the right side,(Keep in mind im on a very tight budget, all these were found around the house including the sockets and lampcord) So now i have a total of 86watts. Including the 2 30watts on the ceiling. This box is looking more and more ghetto everyday:D

all first fanleaves off the smaller, 1st plant have died off and now is left looking like a lollipop... no matter as long as i get some smoke outa her i dont mind, shes my first ever grow and really was more of an experience thing. im still stressing theres not enough light, im planning to bend her over to get those lower budsites more light

Are any of the lights soft light,or are they all daylight?

Back
Top Bottom