Natural nutes for outdoor grow

CannaTroy

I've recently decided to go outdoor for next season, and have been doing a lot of planning and research. I've decided to not buy any fertilizers/nutrients but instead to go 100% organic. I'm wondering if you guys have any methods for obtaining the needed nutes for a successful grow, organically. I'm right on the pacific west coast, so I think I'll use seaweed, scavenged deer scat, and my compost and grass clippings. I plan to dig the few plots I'll be planting at in march and mix the soil and all nutes mentioned above, and let it cook for a couple months until I move the plants outside. I'm still researching the n-p-k levels of these organic nutrients to find the right mixture for me, but I'm wondering what you guys use/have used before as organic fertilizer, not bought from a store. Is there anything that can be found in the forest that's good for the plants/soil? I'd love to hear some ideas! Thanks guys, peace all.

Ok, so the basis is good natural soil, and then amendments. My zone offers me slightly clayish loam, which I enrich very early with bat guano, organic garden compost, biochar, crushed sandstone, crushed lava stone, worm castings, powdered egg shells, powdered banana skins, wood ash, bamboo mulch, microbial and fungal inoculant, bloodmeal, stinging nettle leaves and horsetail. I fertilize very little and only with stuff mentioned above.

Effect is something like that.

Cotton Candy
cc319.jpg

L.A. Confidential
la216.jpg

Trainwreck
trw6.jpg

Orient Express
oe7.jpg

Hope that helps, man :tokin:

Thanks conradino! Your plants look great! So I'm thinking of using crushed seashells as well, and I'll make some bone meal if I have any luck harvesting animal bones from the forest. I've been reading up on fish emulsion, and I could easily make it on site I think. Do you think that mixture of seaweed, shells, manure, bone meal, and emulsion would be plenty of ferts to make healthy strong plants?

Oh yeah and for the seaweed I plan to dry it and crush it, then mix it in with the soil and let it cook that way, so the worms won't be detered by the fresh seaweed. Then once I begin moving outside I'll probably mulch a bit with some fresh seaweed as well to help keep unwanted pests and animals away

i'd add bat guano to the mix and maybe some compost. It all however depends on your local soil eventually as the roots will get there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom