Need Advice: GG4 looking for couch lock

GrowingAgain

DWC 5 gallon buckets — finishing 11th week of bloom—GG4 fem auto
Patiently waiting for a couch lock grow. But I’ve never been patient enough to wait so I don’t know what amber looks like. Is it when the hairs on the brown pistils or everywhere? Anything specific to GG4 to consider? Advice please?
D940FEEB-F041-4ACD-9FEF-EB8F3E91E144.png

First, nice looking plant! You’re looking for the trichomes to turn amber, the little stalk looking jobs with a cloudy ball at the tip.(they’re all over in your picture). You want anywhere from 10-30% of them amber. I’d say you’re real close to seeing amber soon. I enjoy a good couch lock.

Thanks @Phytoplankton for the compliment and the help. The other plants I’ve grown have never been this frosty. The prior crop was also this seed, and they didn’t look this good. Biggest change since last grow I is my lights. I am thinking that was probably a good investment!

Thanks @Phytoplankton for the compliment and the help. The other plants I’ve grown have never been this frosty. The prior crop was also this seed, and they didn’t look this good. Biggest change since last grow I is my lights. I am thinking that was probably a good investment!
I was on my phone yesterday when I answered, and being technologically challenged, I couldn't figure out how to upload an image from the phone. Here's a decent shot of what amber trichomes look like. Grow on!!!

download.jpg

Thanks again @Phytoplankton . The picture is awesome. I just got of my tent and thought I saw a couple amber but it might have been wishful thinking. The pic you shared is perfect because now I know what to look for!

@Phytoplankton it’s been a couple weeks. whats you best guess as to whether these are ever going to turn amber.? Any one else willing to make a guess? Maybe we should start a pool!
AB62139B-2245-4D0E-9A57-195C9B00A557.jpeg
9246AE79-7451-462F-81A8-058312C04EEE.jpeg

This may sound dumb, but why is fox tailing bad? (I do 90% edibles.)

My last grow was also my first. It was also GG Auto. I got about the same results as your picture show, asked about the same question and got about the same answers. I waited 3 more weeks and the colors did not change much (a few ambers but only scattered maybe 3-5%), so I harvested. The result was, not a lot of couch lock, but was great head, relaxation, calming weed. I grew that plant (x2) under a 100w Q Board in a 2x2x4 tent. The buds came out kind of fluffy and airy, but I still got 9 oz of it, and 9 oz is 9 oz weather it dense or not. Via research I found that 100w light was probably the cause of the fluffy results. I'm in preflower of my second grow (one plant this time) now with an upgraded 200w Q Board. Even if the buds come out fluffy again I'll be very happy with a 4 1/2 oz yield but would prefer some dense nugs if the light was the culprit.

It extends the ripening time. Usually when they foxtail the old buds have already fattened up, and the new foxtails will have white pistols, I pretty much disregard them as a ripeness gauge.
I got that on my first grow and in my case it was attributed to low light (100w) penetration by responses I got here on the forum. I cut what was ready and the leaf growth incrementally, and let what wasn't ready keep going until it was, total of 3 cutting. Worked for me and each cutting has different effects

@Damien102 i appreciated your comments. I just harvested this weekend. I never got many ambers, and after two more weeks after my prior post (16 weeks in bloom total) I decided there was no point in continuing. I also had some crummy blpurples, marked 1000 watts that turned out to be about 100 watts. Upgraded the lights after plants entered bloom, so I had some pretty bad foxtailing. Live and learn, but thats why I am here!

Back
Top Bottom