Should I chop or do the foxtail carousel?

Makeminefullgrown

Hello everyone…I never have any problem giving a strong opinion about someone else’s grow being “ripe” or not. But with every one of my grows I end up in limbo for some reason. So I need some good advice.
I’m growing one photo Diesel from seed….in a 5 gal pot w/ coco and various dry organic amendments. Last top dress was almost a month ago. Light is one HLG 320xl r-spec LED.
Lights flipped to 12/12 on Jan 8 and she started showing within a day or 2.
Within the past 2 weeks I’ve gradually shortened the light from 12/12 to 10.5/13.5….and lowered temps.
Anyway, the grow was healthy and uneventful for the most part.
We are coming down to the finish line and she’s fading out. The trichs are damn near perfect on the calyces……almost all cloudy, a few clears and maybe 10% amber, with more ambers showing up by the day.
I’ve always been a firm believer in waiting until all white pistils have turned brown and receded. But this plant is foxtailing new growth top to bottom.
I’ve let plants grow too long waiting on amber trichs and they lost a good amount of their aroma and stickiness because of it.
What are your thoughts?
I had kinda made my mind up to chop on Tuesday. I’m sure there may be some progress in another 3/4 days but there will def be white pistils showing.
I’m afraid if I let it go the foxtails will keep coming and I’ll lose the extreme pungent odor that this strain is known for.
Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
CBB3C606-50C6-4CF4-986B-7967425F7983.jpeg
F3035C0E-DEFA-4EDC-9C1F-3948D2095659.jpeg
86586160-86C9-4AE2-886B-FF3F0BE63FA6.jpeg
0275C87E-8955-4AEF-BE67-5A9E0B7C7E28.jpeg

I don't base chop time on foxtails, they will just keep popping white pistils.

Looks good now, I would take her ;)

Cheers
What Chuck said. ^^

Foxtails will throw endless white pistils it seems so that's not a great indicator to use. Trichome color for indoor plants is your best GoTo, and that depends on what effect you're going for. Mostly cloudy = more of an up high, more amber = more couchlock.

I have one doing that now. It's still drinking and I have a mix of trichome colors, so I'm going to let it go a bit longer, but yeah, it's already past breeder estimates so it's days are clearly numbered.

Back
Top Bottom