Need Advice New grow White Widow Please Help!

widowmaker660

Hello friends, this is my first grow...white widow...flowering week 7. Please chk out pics below. I need advice...am I ready to harvest. Trying to let them fatten up but how long do I have before THC starts breaking down ?

20131124_144712.jpg
20131124_144755.jpg
20131124_145032.jpg
20131124_145210.jpg

9 weeks for sure. I have grown this strain and the last 2 weeks it just keeps putting on weight. I would start to flush at week 8 and pick at 9. Good luck!

Outstanding thank you...I was getting worried lol...its my first ever grow and I'm using cfl. Buddy loaned me a co² tank and said to give 2 times a day when lights on. They seemed to fatten up a little after just 2 days. A few ppl also told me topick eearlyso the tricomes ddon't break down and lose potency... Unsure on that? I got 13 of these ladies and have been giving loads of love and would hate to see them get screwed up.

Partial harvests can stress your plants real bad, I would wait and take the entire plant at once. I always harvest after a full dark cycle, I feel this helps with maxing out the resin on the buds because the light can degrade the quality somewhat.

I usually wait to chop the whole plant at once but ive also chopped parts of the plant when they r ready. Tops of the plant can/will be ready before the lower parts. Yes it will stress her but itll be ok since she would be chopped a few days later. Ive also heard of ppl stabbing a hole in the main stem to cause stress. They say it helps produce more resin.

Really...hmmm I heardssomething similar but scraping the bottom stem similar to girdling a tree. I pulled one plant today, manicured and hung it...my phone was dead but I'll get a PiC tomorrow to post. The other plants still have a little bit to go. I'd say another week but for somerreason this one plant looked very ripe. All gland down to bottom were cloudy and white...a lot were light amber so I figured Wat the hell lol..still gotta let dry and cure anyway so I'm sure it'll still ripen. I'm gonna vac seal in a bin then freeze for a week or so. From Wat I hear it pulls flavor out and makes it more potent... Hopefully dats true lol

I picked one plant that seemed t be very ready. Its drying now then in a couple of days in gonna vac seal in a jar instead of baggy so I don'tcrushed the buds . They look so fluffy. I how I manicured it right...couldn't cut off all the leaves mainly the tips cause of all the resin build up on them. Is this correct?

Can't add pic here for some reason...please check my gallery I uploaded a pic of the plant drying any advice would be welcome.

I try to use small tipped pruning scissors to remove as much of the leaf stems as possible. This helps when trying to get inside the buds for a closer trim. You should make sure if you trim everything before drying/curing that your environment is spot on because they will dry super fast. 70°f and 50% humidity with light airflow. Its always tough to know when to harvest but in my experience when you think is done just wait a little longer, it will almost always be worth the extra time.

Thanks for the input and yes I use pruning scissors, I trimmed the majority of fan or water leaves all off but the sugar leaves were teaming with resin or THC, so I trimmed off the parts that were clean and left the part with all THC and figured they'll reduce quite a bit once dried and it'll def add to the smoking experience. I have quite a bit of trim from this one plant and even the water leaves had res all over but I'll use that for my hash oil. Below is a pic,I'm able to add one now. Plz let me know ur thoughts. I still have 12 other plants with still a week or so to go. I could've left this plant a bit longer but I want to get more of a heady effect. I pulled a bud from the bottom last week and the effect was outstanding even though it was blower dried and no cure. I was literally stoned for a few hours and no I'm not exaggerating lol I had an uplifting happy effect and when it came down it hit my body and I only took 1 very ddeep pull from my bowl. So I'm sure this will be fantastic. Zoom in on the big buds and look at the crystalized leaves it amazing for my first grow lol. Never enjoyed white widow before and I'm looking forward to a long relationship. Anything beats the opiates I'm currently on for my injuries. That's my whole reason for this venture.

20131130_122311-1.jpg

Grats on your harvest :thumb:
WW can be taken early or later depending on what you prefer your medicated feeling to lean towards. I had two monsters this outdoor season that had gotten ripped! Your pull looks mighty tasty, enjoy the fruits of your labor :Namaste:

Thank you, thank you...day 2 of drying and its tightening up nicely. Very frosty.. I can see where it derived its name lol..looks like a huge meal for a spider wrapped in web and very very sticky to the touch. I will try and post a better quality pic. How long will the dry take? I plan on vac sealing in a mason jar to sppd up curing...will this wrk?

Depending on the temps and humidity of your room it can take anywhere between a couple days to a couple weeks.
Some rough estimates for a drying area would be somewhere about 40-50% rH, nice and cool around 70's with some decent circulation and fresh air every so often. I jar my buds when they get crisp to the touch but still have a little moisture inside, I do not let my buds dry until you get a stem to make the snap, I prefer to jar and let the moisture redistribute throughout the buds then set them out for another day to re dry, I feel like it makes for a more thorough cure. Always keep a close eye on your final harvested meds, look for molds and different smells coming from your buds, I like to get in there every other day and make sure everything gets flipped if you are using drying racks, if you are hanging them from clothes hangers I would make sure they get moved around every so often if they are bunched up together.

Here is one plant harvested and has dried for 2 days and is now curing in mason jar. I wish the yield was better, I got 10grams dried but I think its good for my first grow using CFLs. Zoom in and chk out da shine lol

20131201_182444-1.jpg

Thanks for the input and yes I use pruning scissors, I trimmed the majority of fan or water leaves all off but the sugar leaves were teaming with resin or THC, so I trimmed off the parts that were clean and left the part with all THC and figured they'll reduce quite a bit once dried and it'll def add to the smoking experience. I have quite a bit of trim from this one plant and even the water leaves had res all over but I'll use that for my hash oil. Below is a pic,I'm able to add one now. Plz let me know ur thoughts. I still have 12 other plants with still a week or so to go. I could've left this plant a bit longer but I want to get more of a heady effect. I pulled a bud from the bottom last week and the effect was outstanding even though it was blower dried and no cure. I was literally stoned for a few hours and no I'm not exaggerating lol I had an uplifting happy effect and when it came down it hit my body and I only took 1 very ddeep pull from my bowl. So I'm sure this will be fantastic. Zoom in on the big buds and look at the crystalized leaves it amazing for my first grow lol. Never enjoyed white widow before and I'm looking forward to a long relationship. Anything beats the opiates I'm currently on for my injuries. That's my whole reason for this venture.
You're correct, a nice weed like this will be ten times healthier and 100 times more effective on pain and related issues than opiates, which should never have been on the market! I recommend canabutter, especially since you will have so much product -save your lungs and keep up your health. Continue your good work here, and thank you for your photos - a search for trichomes pictures of WW led me to your thread. My one lonely plant was shocked with a drop in temperatures in mid September, so i brought her into the green house and even then it never really got warm enough to restart her so when temperatures began to drop in mid October we brought her in the house, to a south facing window. She has gone way longer than 9 weeks but still I see no amber so i think she had stopped developing her flowers, so I have only the trichomes to go by. She was a lot stickier 3 or 4 weeks ago before we moved her which worries me.. this week I start to flush.

Would anyone know how long light deprivation should last?

Hey wwendy,

Welcome to 420…!

The thread you replied to is from 2013. I don’t recognize the screen names, guess those folks have moved on. Sounds like the plant is done but current pics might help.

Are you checking trichs on fan leaves, sugar leaves or from calyx??
What do the pistils look like?

Flushing can wash some nutes out of grow media and is recommended by certain nute makers like fox farms as part of their feed schedule. Flush can fix some media problems but it doesn’t wash nutes out of your buds or improve the taste of your produce. Here’s link on flushing InTheShed No flush club

light deprivation is not the same a pre harvest dark period… light dep is how you trick an outdoor photoperiod dependent crop into flower before it’s natural time… but preharvest darkness is 24 to 48 hours

Back
Top Bottom