Need advice on CFL Flowering

weed4need

Hello,I am new to this Forum. To be hones I don't do forums so please just let me know if I post in the wrong place or e.t.c.
Ok,I been doing CFL grows for about a year and a half. I use 400 actual watts and do 2 plants at differnt stages of flowering. I am using bagseed clones and a Pro mix medium with Thrive Mycorhizzal fungi,I use nutrints from lowes and wal mart like 7-7-7- with some fish emulsion for vegg and a 11-35-15 and mostly blackstrap molasses. I do small plants with hanging bulbs at various heights and I am geting rock hard crystaly buds and they taste great smoke great. I always do a 30 day cure too but theres something missing cause I use it for Anxiety and Pain. Everybody else loves it but I am not getting the sleepy,pain relieving feeling. I think it is lack of CBD from using CFL's. I have a small plant (8 weeks 12/12 so about 6 weeks flowering,right?) wanna take it outside but dont know if that will make much of a diffrence since the buds were developed under CFL's. I need to remedy this and I know HPS is the Remedy but I need to keep doing the CFL thing IF I can get the same potent pot,just less of it. Also,the bagseed clones need replaced with a good strain,do I need auto flowering for the CFL's? Where can I get seeds reliably? Does anyone take cash and then actually send you your seeds? I gotta get the Potevcy or just quit,just not worth the risk here. I have done a lot of research and have visited this site many ,many times and thought I was taking them too early but the last ones were flowered 12 weeks and still about the same. I am thinking it's lack of CBD from no UVB??? IDK. Thank You

Here is my CFL..1st time grower..in soil.. 2weeks into flower..
IMAG1162.jpg
IMAG11602.jpg
IMAG11642.jpg

thats very nice! I should do this technique myself, it is amazing what you guys get that way IMHO. what strain are those beautiful ladies?

CFLs actually do put off some UV. However, it's not a UV: B issue. There is currently only 1 LED panel that I know of that actually has UV: B in it and all of the others grow fine bud from the reports on here. The biggest factor in CBD is genetics. Change strains and you will see the difference. As for where to get seeds for cash I have no idea, but there are sponsors on the site that are very reliable.

thats very nice! I should do this technique myself, it is amazing what you guys get that way IMHO. what strain are those beautiful ladies?

it's an unknown strain that I call Phil Collins fruity pebbles it was a bag seed and we grew it last season outdoors and those are clones from the mother plant
IMAG07082.jpg
IMAG04795.jpg
IMAG09612.jpg
IMAG07442.jpg

Scrog grows under cfl is a very good idea :thumb:

Cfls are not known for their light penetration values to the lower branchs which the inverse law of light does effect em greatly over distance.

2 to 5 cms from growing tip is just fine :love:

Ok,so move on from the bagseed. It don't need to be for cash but don't wanna use a credit card either so I need to familiarize myself with a good seed bank. any suggestions? BTW,thanx for the advice.

first off, 400 actual watts? lets say you are using 23w cfls that is about 17 of them is that right? and they would put out approx 29,000 lumens. A 400w HPS would give you 55,000 lumens for the same wattage.

The bulb has no real relationship to the amount of CBD. That should be related to the strain itself.

I have ordered from Attitude, SeedBotique, and Nirvana. I have used money orders. Why do you want to send cash. I think most of them will accept cash, but why risk it.

One of my favorite night time strains for relaxation and pain is Cream Carmel from Sweet Seeds. Also Green Poison from them is nice. They have a few others I want to try also. White Widow from Dutch Passion is the best I have smoked in years, good for what ever ails you. Vanilla Kush from Barneys is nice and relaxing.

Ok,thanks for the seed bank reccomendations cause I know thats whats holding me back. I am going to HPS but I just bought another home and want to set up there after I get it fixed up like I want. If,If If e.t.c....don't happen then I have some nice ones outside but you know how that goes.cant count outside shit until its cut,unless u live nearby and I don't. I will get me some seeds with a money order it doesn't matter just no credit cards. It would be nice if I could keep enough with my CFL's though cause I cant even tell I use them electricity wise hardly. I will try a different strain from a reputable seed bank as suggested. Thanx Friend!

im using the same setup.. Can u please tell me how long it took fr ur vegging to complete? Im gonna move to another house in a few months n wanna smoke em up fr my house warming :D

I'm looking for bulbs on ebay and i'm finding a few that says "photography" in the title and some that says "grow", the photography ones are much cheaper and according to the stats, I can't see any difference.
Will the photography bulbs work as good as any other cfl's?

I'm looking for bulbs on ebay and i'm finding a few that says "photography" in the title and some that says "grow", the photography ones are much cheaper and according to the stats, I can't see any difference.
Will the photography bulbs work as good as any other cfl's?

Looks fine to me.

More ?????? Ok, guys I am still lacking info. I use bag seed BUT mine comes from a outdoor med grower so...anyway,I been using clones of clones(bad idea?) and inside under CFL's I get more crystals and bigger buds with smaller plants but only a "mid grade" high. BUT I have the same clones outside and the plants are big but the buds are small and I don't see them having some exposion in growth this late but the sample buds I took from the bottom where better than my indoor cured. IDK! LOL! I guess what I am asking cause its what is the best indoor strain from Attitude Seeds??? The seeds come from weed grown in a solarium with a HPS for supplimentary lighting,I can't do anything like that YET. So if someone could suggest a good indica type strain or maybe even auto flower.IDK,enlighten me guys. Thanks : )

Back
Top Bottom