Need help! Barneys Lucy can't low stress train!

SPENCElvsCHED

hi peeps im currently growing barneys farm lucy. The plants are very healthy 21 days veg and very small and bushy. im growing in 50/50 coco soil/ clay pebbles mixed in 65ltr pots using canna veg a-b and cannazyme. I topped the plants at 14 days and they just stopped gaining hight and developed thick branches and main stem that are hard as wood. Im finding it really hard to LST these as the branches are that strong. I might add tht i am quite an experienced grower but i normaly grow sativa dominant strains that like to stretch. This Lucy strain is mainly indica i believe and only chose it as a change. Has anyone got any advice on this strain? I usualy get around 9oz a pot to 1 600w dual spectrum hps from my sativa dominant strains/ does anyone know if i can expect this from the Lucy? ANY HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE .....:thumb:THANKS

Hey bro, good luck with this one! :)

I got a little over 1oz from her, off a small plant, (about 40cm tall, i flipped the lights when she was only a month old), using miracle-gro as a medium in only a 12-15L pot, in a cupboard with about 250w of CFLS in there, of varying spectrums..

I would say you should easily get 9oz with 65L pots of coco, with HPS. Not a problem. About the LST, i did manage to train mine, but i did get onto it early. I topped around the same time as you, and then tied those 2 new heads down once they were long enough. It responded GREAT to this, new little crowns popped up absolutely everywhere.

My point is, this is the highest yielding plant i have grown in said cupboard, very easy to grow!
And then comes the good bit.. THE SMOKE!! This is THE BEST quality smoke i have ever had. Wish i bought a 5 pack of seeds, im having to wait till my baby re-vegges and flowers again until i get to taste that sublime stuff again.

All the best mate, Im really looking forward to seeing what you can do with this beast.

I found that woody snappable strains take well to trim training. You can also use screen of green but you said they stopped gaining height so that might be too late. One thing to learn from this though is it might be better not to top it next time. If they become woody very fast to me is a indicator that they preform better with no trim or topping throughout the life. Some strains use the plant itself to advance growth and when you remove those growths naturally they react adversely. Not all strains are like rubber bands unfortunately :(

I too have a plant that has no stretch....woody, bushy. Seeds were unknown but feminized. Is it OK to at least take off large fan leaves to get light to the under side?

Back
Top Bottom