Need help with autos

lillet

Hello hello people, i ordered some autos
and will grow for the first time.
So i have some questions
My grow box will be 80 x 80 x 130, will put in a 400 hps so i was wondering how i could get bigger yield, what do you people think should i put in 3 x 11 lt pots or will i get better yield from 2 plants with 15 - 17 lt pots?

And im not sure if i should or not lst my autos? Will i get bigger or smaller amout if i lst my autos?

SM-A500F cihazımdan 420 kullanılarak gönderildi

Hi Lillet,

I am new as well, so I won't even try to give advice. I have been following this grow journal. He topped and LST'd his autos and they look great.

Auto Topping LED Grow

I am 4 days above ground with my autos and have been following the instructions in this thread:

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Hope this was helpful. Like I said, totally new myself so this is the best I can offer.

Hi Doliz,

I am using the fox farm nutes from the guide. I ordered mine on ebay from a seller in colorado. It was the best price I could find. The soil I had to drive quite a ways to find. I hear ya about the "odd" list. I also ordered some cherry tomato and radish seeds. radishes grow very quickly :)

Hey Lillet! I have been experimenting with autos for two years now. They respond quite well to LST and topping techniques for the most part. The exception would be on a variety here or there which the breeder has noted that it is a single cola type which basically grows one main top with a few side branches. They also respond well to transplanting so don't worry about that especially during the early growth stages. Mine exploded in growth after transplanting. I start in 3-4 in pots then move them right on up.

The main issues are not to make the common mistakes. Don't over or under water- watch your ph especially as you apply nutrients. Do not over feed. Supply enough lumens during your light cycle. I found a constant 18 hours worked the best for about 90% of the varieties that I have grown. The reason that you need to pay carful attention to them is that you do not have time to fix any mistakes with an auto.

If you are both a new grower AND a new auto grower I would recommend an easy does it approach with just using any well balanced soil mix such as the Promix Ultra ( Which by the way is one of our valued 420 Mag sponsors). Use a water source with a balanced pH. And watch how they grow. If given enough quality light with a 70 -75 deg F temp they are easy to grow. Most of the problems that folks have with them they create themselves! Best of luck in all you grow!

Hey Lillet! I have been experimenting with autos for two years now. They respond quite well to LST and topping techniques for the most part. The exception would be on a variety here or there which the breeder has noted that it is a single cola type which basically grows one main top with a few side branches. They also respond well to transplanting so don't worry about that especially during the early growth stages. Mine exploded in growth after transplanting. I start in 3-4 in pots then move them right on up.

The main issues are not to make the common mistakes. Don't over or under water- watch your ph especially as you apply nutrients. Do not over feed. Supply enough lumens during your light cycle. I found a constant 18 hours worked the best for about 90% of the varieties that I have grown. The reason that you need to pay carful attention to them is that you do not have time to fix any mistakes with an auto.

If you are both a new grower AND a new auto grower I would recommend an easy does it approach with just using any well balanced soil mix such as the Promix Ultra ( Which by the way is one of our valued 420 Mag sponsors). Use a water source with a balanced pH. And watch how they grow. If given enough quality light with a 70 -75 deg F temp they are easy to grow. Most of the problems that folks have with them they create themselves! Best of luck in all you grow!

Nice tips! I had a quick question if you are around currently. I just planted my seedlings the other night, 3 of the 4 are sprouted through the soil now. I did not pre-water my soil though. I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest and just using a spray bottle and also kind of dripping water around the small seedling. Is this going to be a problem? I probably should have pre-soaked the pots. And tips on that?

Hey Doliz! I have a couple of thoughts for you Ocean Forrest maybe a little hot for little seedlings. Watch your babies for signs of nutrient burning. in their early growth stages. If you start seeing signs of this I would recommend some straight potting mix with no nutrients. You will just need a small bag. dig down into your soil and mix a healthy amount into the surrounding medium so that as the little ones grow they get into a little easier medium on their young roots. I don't use Ocean Forest so I am not an expert on that particular medium. I have always used Promix in my greenhouses and start tens of thousands of healthy stocky tomatoes, peppers and cucurbits in it every year without fail. On the watering issue. I am also not a big fan of misting young seedlings at all. It encourages both fungal and bacterial growth that can result in a quick death to young seedlings. These can include but are not limited to damping off, wire stem and various root rots. Dripping water around a young plant is good as is bottom watering techniques. It should not be a problem for you just keep your eye on it. As your young plant continues to grow you can foliar feed it with a spray bottle. But. if you are doing this make certain that you have good circulation to dry the foliage fairly quickly and I like to do this as soon as the lights come on and before much in room heat is created.
If you need anything else I'll be just uptheholler! Best of luck in all you grow!

Thanks for all the great tips! Helps a lot. I started up a journal also in my signature. As of today, the 3 little seedling are still looking really good (as far as I can tell, again, I'm a noob when it comes to problems that I will soon incur. Need to look up info and pictures today), and my 4th seedling has yet to sprout above the dirt. Been a good 2 days since it was planted, but it was planted one night after the previous 3. Guess we will see.

It looked dry again this morning, so I dripped a bit of water all around each seedling. I will stop misting around it also, thanks for the tip. I started the first night cycle so in another 2 hours I will get the lights back on, check it all out. Hopefully that 4th little gal will pop out and say hello. Bout to run to the store right now and get a timer for my lights. I bought one, but did not realize it needed a 3 prong for my lights, and the timer is a 2 prong -_-

But I have been watching the pH of the water, and 'manually' watering drops around each seedling since I failed to pre-water the whole pots before planting. Will update in my journal along the way also :p

Back
Top Bottom