Need help with harvesting Australia

Repulsive

420 Member
Ok so I’m very new to growing just doing it to save money and learn but I’m in Victoria Australia and I started to grow them in august and I’m wondering if I should harvest now? They look good smell good the trichomes on them are nice they are milky kinda but I don’t want the risk of them right now so wondering if I can harvest now?

86E59D7C-987E-48E8-9045-09C24E0D4CC7.jpeg

D123FC36-5DEE-4D6F-A9CF-2766BA8F4CD1.jpeg

Welcome to the site @Repulsive

It's a pleasure to have you aboard.

Judging solely on the stigma/pistils, you have over a week left and probably over 2. The tops of the buds are still white and not even curling up.

In my experience growing outdoors, once the stigma/pistils are >50% curled back, your trichomes will only be about half cloudy. So, in my opinion, that plant is at least 2 weeks out on the early side.

That is when i prefer my buds for a more uplifting buzz. Majority of people wait longer.

Perhaps another member will jump in and give their $0.02 as well.

Nice looking plant.

The pistil begins as a white sparse structure at the beginning of the flowering period and is very visible in the eyes of female cannabis plants. When the pistils darken to red, brown or orange, the cannabis plant has accumulated enough cannabinoids and is said to be ready for harvest.

Hi Repulsive,

Welcome to 420. Yes you can harvest now but the fresh fluffy pistils indicate that the plant is still growing and packing on weight. Generally speaking early harvest buds give a racey high while later harvests are more narcotic in effect. Most here use a jewelers loupe or mini microscope to view trichs for determining time to harvest. The trichs slowly change from clear to cloudy then amber but they don’t all change at once, it’s a gradual progression

Ok so I’m very new to growing just doing it to save money and learn but I’m in Victoria Australia and I started to grow them in august and I’m wondering if I should harvest now? They look good smell good the trichomes on them are nice they are milky kinda but I don’t want the risk of them right now so wondering if I can harvest now?

86E59D7C-987E-48E8-9045-09C24E0D4CC7.jpeg

D123FC36-5DEE-4D6F-A9CF-2766BA8F4CD1.jpeg
Welcome my friend. Beautiful girls. We have a few members from your wonderful country.
As stated above your not ready. All those white pistols means she is still growing her buds. A couple weeks will do wonders for them. Be patient you will be rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom