Need Help With Leaf Discoloration 2 Weeks Into Flower!

Seniorweeder

This discoloration just started a few days ago, I have read that some fan leaves will die when flowers start forming, but I just wanted for yall to please take a peek in case theres something else going on that needs attention. I did just start as of last night using Fox Farms "Tiger Bloom" for my 1st nutes other than Cal-mag in the water. The room temp is averaging 66/70 at night and maybe 77/80 during day. My RH is staying kind of low around 35% or less. I took 2 pix, one with the grow lights on and one with the camera flash, also in the middle which u may not be able to see, theres some leaf tip gold coloring on the smaller leaves which I thought may be light burn, so 2 nights ago I moved the light up about 4 inches to about 22" above the canopy! Thanks for your time guys!

Buds 2 weeks 1.....2-4-21.JPG

Buds 2 weeks 2 .....2-4-21.JPG

I did not mention that she was grown in F.F. Coco-loco which has built in nutes , she has been fine all along, and have been using the Cal-mag since seedling. I have some Advanced Nutrients 3 part stuff but was afraid I would not use it right. Some folks had commented that they had good results using the Tiger Bloom. I am also starting to to add Molasses to my in between watering. What are u suggesting? Thanks for your time!

I did not mention that she was grown in F.F. Coco-loco which has built in nutes , she has been fine all along, and have been using the Cal-mag since seedling. I have some Advanced Nutrients 3 part stuff but was afraid I would not use it right. Some folks had commented that they had good results using the Tiger Bloom. I am also starting to to add Molasses to my in between watering. What are u suggesting? Thanks for your time!
I have a girl in flower now with same discoloration on her top leaves, she has sun burn from sitting directly under the light. Just a thought.

the yellowing leaves are only offending you, not the plant. Do not remove them. If you do, the problem will just move to a new set of leaves and soon you will have none that are unaffected.

You have made the assumption, or had other people tell you, that coco loco has everything your plants need in it. This is not even close to being true. Coco loco is not a mineralized supersoil, it is simply a starting soil with lots of organics in it. If you don't feed, you can't expect a fruiting plant to thrive in that weak stuff.

So some folks commented that you can get by with only Tiger Bloom. I have seen some of those comments and then quite often I see people who have believed that nonsense show up here, asking why their plants are showing a potassium deficiency, which by the way is what you have. I always recommend to those people to download the feeding schedule from that nutrient line, and follow the instructions to the letter. Nine times out of ten, this solves the problem. I think that if you are wanting to use Fox Farm nutrients, you need to use their trio of nutrients as recommended in their feeding chart. If however, you wish instead to use Advanced Nutrients, again, follow their instructions, to the letter. Don't let "some folks" convince you to feed 1/2 strength or some other nonsense not recommended by that manufacturer. If you find that you can not bring yourself to follow the instructions given by the scientists who designed the stuff, then by all means, look up the threads on this forum on how to make your own nutrients... maybe you will be more comfortable rolling your own.

Molasses is also one of those things that are given too much credit by the online gurus. There is very little nutrient content in molasses, again, certainly not enough to supply the needs of a blooming plant. Molasses has the perfect sugar in it to feed the microbes in your soil, so it became very popular in the organic growing world. You are growing using synthetic nutrients though and are not growing organically. The molasses is mostly useless in your grow then, being more efficient at drawing bugs to your grow than it is in feeding your plants.

So, whichever nutrient line you choose to use here, use it. Nute like a boss. Trust the manufacturers of your nutrient line and their feeding instructions and remember that they have no incentive to lie to you and every incentive for you to have the best grow you have ever had. Don't believe 99% of what you read online, even my own writings. Verify what you can in your own gardens, and know that there are a lot of people out there spewing nonsense so be very very careful who you get your advice from.

You wrote this following comment:
Some folks had commented that they had good results using the Tiger Bloom.
As Emilya is getting at, you have to get a copy of the schedule that Fox Farms developed for using their nutrients. The Tiger Bloom should be started at the switch to 12/12 for best results. Also, the Fox Farms schedule recommends using Big Bloom each week in flowering. In other words you are two weeks behind.

The schedule will be somewhere on the Fox Farms web site. The Advanced Nutrients website has schedules and calculators for their products. And it looks like the Advanced Nutrients site also allows the grower to really customize the feeding schedule.

Man o man, thats some powerful info u guys laid on me. I have to say, that I am haiving a bunch of fun on my 1st grow and loving all the support u guys take the time to give me here. Its true a blessing for this ole man. I don't smoke heavily at all and my goal is to simply after all my trials, have some fairly healthy buds to enjoy with my family when all is said and done, not the biggest harvest, just not to kill my baby girl after all the time I have put into her. Now Im wondering if I should continue with my "water/Cal-mag", then every other water "Tiger Bloom" regimen, or switch back to trying the Advanced Nutrients 3 part stuff that scared me in the 1st place! So many options here, I also read that instead of drawing insects the Molasses was a natural deterrent as bugs cannot handle sugars. So many opinions and I am too uneducated to figure it all out. The most comforting comment for me was that the yellowing of leaves was only bothering me, not the Flowers!

Man o man, thats some powerful info u guys laid on me. I have to say, that I am haiving a bunch of fun on my 1st grow and loving all the support u guys take the time to give me here. Its true a blessing for this ole man. I don't smoke heavily at all and my goal is to simply after all my trials, have some fairly healthy buds to enjoy with my family when all is said and done, not the biggest harvest, just not to kill my baby girl after all the time I have put into her. Now Im wondering if I should continue with my "water/Cal-mag", then every other water "Tiger Bloom" regimen, or switch back to trying the Advanced Nutrients 3 part stuff that scared me in the 1st place! So many options here, I also read that instead of drawing insects the Molasses was a natural deterrent as bugs cannot handle sugars. So many opinions and I am too uneducated to figure it all out. The most comforting comment for me was that the yellowing of leaves was only bothering me, not the Flowers!
You may be right about the bugs and molasses... im a little jumpy right now due to a fungus gnat infestation. :)

You are just using tiger bloom and calmag?
May I ask what you had for dinner this evening? Was it a well rounded meal? :morenutes:
I had breakfast for dinner, they were well rounded pancakes :rofl:
You may be right about the bugs and molasses... im a little jumpy right now due to a fungus gnat infestation. :)
I pour either "Black Strap" or "Grammas" unsulfured molasses on my compost pile, it attracts bugs that help break down and decompose my compost...so short answer, it attracts bugs :thumb:

And Em, that's where I learned about the Beneficial Nematodes, I had a bad gnat infestation about 2 years ago...don't have any bugs now, at all :slide:...I know it's an extra 36 bucks for the grow, but I don't have to spray my plants, or worry about hanging those bug strips that can put residual pesticides on your plant :thumb:

And @Seniorweeder I use the Fox Farms nutrient trio, in soil, with excellent results...here's their feeding schedule
FF trio.JPG

You guys are awesome, thanks sooooo much for the time and efforts to help me figure it all out. The feeding schedules are very helpful. I just want to add one thing I learned that works great. I am addressing this comment to "Emilya" and her gnat problem. Back when I had 5 plants in Veg in my box before I discovered that 4 were males, I had a bunch of Gnats buzzing around. I did some research on different methods and made my decision to use a "Hot Shot" pest strip. Since my homemade Grow Box is made from plywood, the doors don't shut perfect leaving little spaces for insects to get in. I simply placed the pest strip under the doors, and in only a couple days all bugs vanished and are still gone! just saying!

GIRLS 1-3-20.JPG

You guys are awesome, thanks sooooo much for the time and efforts to help me figure it all out. The feeding schedules are very helpful. I just want to add one thing I learned that works great. I am addressing this comment to "Emilya" and her gnat problem. Back when I had 5 plants in Veg in my box before I discovered that 4 were males, I had a bunch of Gnats buzzing around. I did some research on different methods and made my decision to use a "Hot Shot" pest strip. Since my homemade Grow Box is made from plywood, the doors don't shut perfect leaving little spaces for insects to get in. I simply placed the pest strip under the doors, and in only a couple days all bugs vanished and are still gone! just saying!

GIRLS 1-3-20.JPG
Sorry had to comment :passitleft: that's what I was saying about the pest strips, it can leave residual pesticides on your plants...

From Google....
Growers should use caution when dealing with NPS because of its toxicity to humans and animals. You shouldn't use "No-Pest Strips" and other products containing Dichlorvos on flowering plants because of its chance of leaving residual amounts of the active ingredient on your plants. Dichlorvos (The active chemical in No-Pest Strips) is considered a carcinogen and if used with your plants, it should only be used in the vegetation cycle and plants rinsed with water before flowering so you dont have a chance of leaving chemical residue on your harvest if possible. The active chemical (Dichlorvos) can be rinsed off and breaks-down in water but is also a dangerous insecticide and should NOT be used in living areas where people have a chance to inhale the chemical. (People growing in their homes with children, pets etc.)

Just my 2 cents but the Beneficial Nematodes eliminates the spraying of unwanted chemicals in your garden, and is much cheaper in the long run

Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Back
Top Bottom