Need Help With My 2 Plants!

OGxToka

Hello!! So I Have 2 Female Plants Outdoors And Im Having Problems And Need Your Opinions On My Plants!So 1 Of My Plants Is In Miracle Grow...(BAD IDEA)Didn't Think About That Soil LOL.And My Other Plant Is In PRO-MIX.

Check Out My Pics:

Plant#1(Miracle Grow)
IMG_056128.JPG

IMG_056231.JPG

IMG_056322.JPG

Plant#2(PRO-MIX)
IMG_056429.JPG

IMG_055932.JPG

IMG_056028.JPG

NOTE:I Was Just Using Straight PH'd Balanced Water Until 2 Days Ago My Buddy Gave Me This Nutrient.TBH The Nutrient Actually Made A Difference Since Watering And Is Looking Good.

Question 1:Why Does Plant #1 Look Like That?Any Deficiencies?

Question 2:Can I Transplant Plant #1 Into Soil Other Than Miracle Grow To Make It Better?

Question 3:Can Anyone Let Me Know If I Have Any Problems With My Plants?

I Used This Nutrient And Worked Good,Should I Continue Using This?Anyone Else Used This Before?
Nutrient:
IMG_056529.JPG

A lot going on there? What size pots are those? Look like heat stress? What is the temps? How often are you watering? Perhaps overwatering? That nute has some big numbers! 50% Phos. 17% Potas. seems very high to me? Im no soil grower but you should get some responses soon...

Plant#1 Is In A 2Gal Pot(going to get another pot like plant#2).Well I Live In So.Cal So Temps RN 90-100*F,I Water When The Pot Seems Light Or Slightly Before It.I Water With Ice Cold Water(6.2PH) When Its Really Hot.

Plant#2 Is In A 19" x 19"(8-10GAL)pot.

i know my nutrient has alot of phos and potas...requires 1tblspn-1gal of water so i do 1tblspn for every 2 gal of water so its not as strong.

2 questions.

How long have they been outside, and secondly, is it very windy there?

they been outside for a month now.and no not windy.....it looks like my plant is very wide etc but it was because i super cropped the other day.

A lot going on there? What size pots are those? Look like heat stress? What is the temps? How often are you watering? Perhaps overwatering? That nute has some big numbers! 50% Phos. 17% Potas. seems very high to me? Im no soil grower but you should get some responses soon...

do you think i should pull them indoors till it cools down outdoors?in late september-october it starts cooling down? can i put them in my garage/room on 12/12 till it cools?

No you should be OK outside, I was thinking they looked awful bare and I had a plant do they from wind stress, but your cropping explains that.

I would advise against using ice water when you water them though, you want your soil around 70F, ice water could shock the root system and stunt their growth.

No you should be OK outside, I was thinking they looked awful bare and I had a plant do they from wind stress, but your cropping explains that.

I would advise against using ice water when you water them though, you want your soil around 70F, ice water could shock the root system and stunt their growth.

yea i only use ice water when really hot....or when the soils temp is around 90*F

Does look like some heat stress. I know what you mean by them so. cal temps. Do you leave them out directly in the sun all day? Do you shade your pots? A small piece of plywood leaned up against the pot might help. That way you dont have to cool the fire with ice cold water. Might be shocking them. On the really hot days Ill water a little in the morning and a more around 3-4 when its blazing hot. While keeping the pots shaded.

You know for it being just a weed, it's amazing how cannabis does have it's strict demands on what it needs to grow like growers want these days, close nodes, huge buds, the works. In my experience I've found that growing outdoors in the summertime is not ideal. Cannabis seems to do best when the temps are 68° to 76° F. And your photos show what I'd suspect as heat stress. I'd also recommend you re-think about those nutes. Remember, less is more when it comes to today's soluble nute cocktails. And that mix is really for flowering stage.

As for transplanting, I wouldn't do it unless you're just really wanting to. And plan on about a week or so for your plant to get over the shock of being moved, which is another reason I wouldn't recommend it. But it's just a weed and it usually will survive lots worse treatment. The potting soil you referred is a personal choice but remember most of them, especially Miracle Grow brand, has lots of inorganic nutes in time released form. Not the best choice if you're really serious about growing cannabis but it's just a weed and it will grow in almost anything.

If the sun is your only lighting source then you'll obviously be keeping them outside. If you could move them indoors under the proper lighting you'll get more control. I usually grow indoors to avoid the heat and especially the bugs.

One last thing I'll mention, I agree with zemat101, try and shade the pots. Not the plants, just the pots. I notice they are black in color and dark colored pots will absorb tons of radiant heat from the sun. That kind of heat will make even a weed have trouble.

Best of luck to you on your grow. And remember, it's just a weed. Give it just half a chance and it will grow nicely for you.

Back
Top Bottom