Need help with my Widows

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that a similar "claw leaf" problem is happening to my plant. It has been happening for the last 4 or 5 days. The curling is not happening to any of the older growth just like your plants, but my leaves are dark green so we may not have the exact same problem... anyways, I flushed and the new growth seemed to be completely normal and healthy, no claw or curling. Yet the entire middle region of my plant is still covered with these claw leaves... the flush hasn't seemed to have fixed the majority of my plant, just the new growth (which is still good news but I would like to help all of my plant). I thought I would throw in my two cents to this thread since we seem to be struggling through the same problem. Good luck with your plants and keep please keep us updated :)

That sounds like slight nutrient toxicity. plant growth is like a timeline if you will. Usually once they are stressed the older growth will stay that way and the newer growth will become normal once fixed. for the most part. You might try backing off of your nutrient strength just a TAD. also in general soil holds nutrients better than most hydroponic mediums so it can be easier to burn with light feedings, and takes more time to flush.

Ok guys....we did some semi-serious distilled water flushing yesterday and afterwards took several pH readings on the runoff. All looked good. One plant, Lucille, had a slightly higher pH so we flushed her a little more until her runoff was in the same range as Gladys....6.58. After the flush, treated the girls to some cal-mag. Today the look slightly better with the new growth showing less of the leaf curling. Hopefully over the next 24-48 hrs they will show more improvement. If the improvement is not significant we are going to do a BIG TIME flush on Monday or Tuesday...with 15-20 gals of clear water per plant. If there is anything in the soil that is causing a lockup or toxicity is should definitely be removed by the mega-flush. Hopefully we won't need to take that step, but if need be so be it.

HealingK....yeah that chart clearly shows what you are saying. I am pretty confident that we have if anything erred to the low-side of our feeding....both concentration and frequency. We are going to do the BIG flush today with about 15-20 gals per plant and that should do the trick if it is a soil-borne problem. We don't have any leaf burn at all. Thanks for checking in

Good luck with the flush, I hope it works like a charm :)

https://www.hastie.us/Portfolio/Project3/Images/pH_availability_chart.gif

I couldn't see the one above, so I posted another.

HOw many times have you flushed this week?
if you have the time can you go thru how you do your flush?

...if ou haven't already, you should spray cal-mag on your babies. if the lights are on, you can wait till' they are off or turn em' off for 15min. while you spray. Just once will help.

In a quart spray bottle you wanna use .5 -1 Ml Cal-mag peR 1quart sprayer. Your plants will probably recover faster if you water in some superthrive (1drop per Gallon top water) or Technaflora Thrive Alive B1 Red(.5ml per gallon Topwater) BUT NOT BOTH. That would be in addition to cal-mag.

Quick update folks. Looks like we fixed this problem..or at least made enormous strides in the right direction. Thanks go out to all of you that replied with suggestions and advice. Special thanks go out to SouthernWeed whose expertise and time are greatly appreciated! Gotta go, but if you would like to see some update pics showing how much they have improved, click on our journal link here and take a look for yourself......Peace out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom