need help with pot size for each strain/type

listen2marley

This year is only my 2nd grow. Last year I dug a 2ft hole filled it with soil and planted about 7 seeds. They all grew but it was a huge mistake to have them so close together and in the same hole. So this year im using pots so I am able to move them and keep the males and females seperate. Since iv never used pots I dont know what size to use. I just planted my first real strain called "the doctor" that I got from bonza seeds. I put it in a 5 gallon pot I got at my local grow store. Is that going to be large enough to do the whole grow in? I also have an autoflower low ryder seed im going to do this year as well but only have a 3 gallon pot left open at the moment. Will 3 gallon be large enough for an auto since there much smaller and grow quicker? Im also using happy frog soil right now with the general organics grow box for my nutes if that matters at all. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. Im also pretty much flat broke for money to spend on the grow so hoping I got everything I need but if I dont ill figure something out. Thanks for the help!!

If you're afraid of getting the rootbound, pick on of superoots air-pots, and you'll never have that problem.

last year i used 20 gallon smart pots (about 12$) per pot but require a good amount of soil (about 2 1/2 big bags of fox farm)... the roots grew right through the bottom and they seemed a bit cramped. this year i have 30 gallon smart pots. 30 gallon is the way to go!

i just like to be able to move them if i need to. if your digging a hole into the ground how come you need the bag?

Back
Top Bottom