Need help with small grow tent and LED

olku

Hello I just registered here, hope this thread is at the right sub-forum.

I am planning to start my first grow soon and I need a grow tent. My space is very limited, so I am looking for 40x40x140cm (~15x15x55 inches) grow tent, it's for 1 plant with SCROG. I already have a Mars-Hydro 240w reflector series LED with 48x5W diodes. I was wondering if the tent height is enough, seller told that lamp should be 18-24 inches from the plant. I was thinking that this leaves ~20 inches for the grown plant, is it enough or should I look for bigger tent?

I'm a newbie and all recommendations are welcome. :thanks:

Hi man nice to here you starting
Im a mars grower myself but i use the 100x3w old series
I use a low grow room aswel couse of the limited space in my appartment and it heats up pritty fast even with a led
So i would go for a little bigger tent

But what kind of fan wil u be using i got a 355 m3/h fan and still suffer from heat some times... Good luck on planning and if you need some info on room building or grow tents i could help you

Hey olku, welcome to 420

If you plan on training your plant to keep a low canopy, then you will be ok. I grow in a 1mx1m bloom room that is 7 feet high but with training, the height of my plants are only about 26" from floor to top of the colas and the light is at about 46 inches above the floor.

The smallest tent I've seen is 24"x24"x56": Secret Jardin Dark Street 2.5 DS60

I've got a Gorilla 24"x30"x83" and it seems about right for one plant unless you're doing tiny autos. Def get the tallest tent you can unless you plan on having your filter and fan outside the tent. Even then, I'd go for max headroom just to make the experience more bearable. Fighting to keep your plants under 2 feet tall will be miserable and heat buildup can be a major pita.

I have a 32x32x63 and it's small enough... only doing 1 plant in it right now but could fit 4. Probably wouldn't want to go any smaller. You could always have your own custom made.

Back
Top Bottom