Need Help With Trichome Colors!

Seniorweeder

Hey guys, I am pretty versed on knowing about getting the buds to gain a good amount of amber colored Trichomes from my past grows. However I have another "Tangerine Dream Autoflower" that has had some issues along the way, first I stunted her by topping her twice, so she is relatively small. But that being said she is now exactly 16 weeks old with full but slightly shorter buds than usual.

I started flushing her 2 weeks ago anticipating some amber "Tric's" by now but they are mostly white still, which is not the norm for this strain. I am not as much impatient as I just need the space for my next grow which is in the seedling stage for now. Has anyone ever tried doing a comparison grow for the same strain by harvesting with one white "Tric's" and then another one gone into mostly amber to compare the effects? I have read where there are differences in the outcome but I have always waited on some amber in the past! Sorry for the crappy pic,,,wasn't taken to show Trichomes ,, just to show the dwarf plant is all!Thanks for your time my grow friends!

A baby.JPG

Hey Seniorweeder!

Nice plant! You should be proud, she looks like you did a fantastic job!

When you say the trichomes are mostly white, do you mean cloudy? Not clear?

Hey guys, I am pretty versed on knowing about getting the buds to gain a good amount of amber colored Trichomes from my past grows. However I have another "Tangerine Dream Autoflower" that has had some issues along the way, first I stunted her by topping her twice, so she is relatively small. But that being said she is now exactly 16 weeks old with full but slightly shorter buds than usual.

I started flushing her 2 weeks ago anticipating some amber "Tric's" by now but they are mostly white still, which is not the norm for this strain. I am not as much impatient as I just need the space for my next grow which is in the seedling stage for now. Has anyone ever tried doing a comparison grow for the same strain by harvesting with one white "Tric's" and then another one gone into mostly amber to compare the effects? I have read where there are differences in the outcome but I have always waited on some amber in the past! Sorry for the crappy pic,,,wasn't taken to show Trichomes ,, just to show the dwarf plant is all!Thanks for your time my grow friends!

A baby.JPG
Hey @Seniorweeder hope you are well my friend.
Beautiful lady.
I've harvest buds early, then late on the same girl.
Is that similar to your question?
Early buds gave me terrible anxiety, late were great.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Seniorweeder hope you are well my friend.
Beautiful lady.
I've harvest buds early, then late on the same girl.
Is that similar to your question?
Early buds gave me terrible anxiety, late were great.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks a ton Mr.Bill,,,, yes sir,, I was wondering if anyone had done a side by side of them same strain and harvested one with all white Tric's then the other one with lot's of amber.. for one thing I am sort of a light weight smoker, not sure I could tell any difference. Just need room in my small grow tent for now! She's just sitting there,, and I have flushed her 3 times now!

Some autos can run for quite some time. And to be honest- its usually worth the extra wait as they tend to be heavier yielders :cheesygrinsmiley:

You'll get a different experience with more cloudy (higher high).
Personally I like some amber, helps me with pain more I've found.

But every grower should alternate their chop window a bit at some point- it will give you the answer your really want (try it to know).

There is another option. Do a partial harvest now, let the rest amber up a bit more. Then chop the rest.
Smoke and compare, then you'll know which you prefer more!

Thanks a ton Mr.Bill,,,, yes sir,, I was wondering if anyone had done a side by side of them same strain and harvested one with all white Tric's then the other one with lot's of amber.. for one thing I am sort of a light weight smoker, not sure I could tell any difference. Just need room in my small grow tent for now! She's just sitting there,, and I have flushed her 3 times now!
She still has white pistols right, your still feeding her?

Stay safe
Bill

I’m soil guy but unless theres nute excess, lock out or media problems I don’t see the benefit from flushing… it really gives the plant nothing to move forward with. I know sometimes a reset can be helpful but I’d go right back in with nutes… this is her biggest demand to finish up & no sense running on empty.

she looks great but I’d keep feeding so she doesn’t eat her own fans up.

just confirming on those trichs…. you are looking at the calyx and ignoring the fan leaves and the sugar leaves cuz they ripen differently.… right??

Maybe bump light hours down??

ditto Rexer on partial harvest… helps you learn and have options

really fuzzy image - might help to see better pics of her tops…

what do the pistils look like?? … pistils tell ya when to start watching trichs…

looks like it might be sativa leaner which would explain the longer run time…

Back
Top Bottom