Need help

When she is finished flowering and building for you her white pistils turn red and crinkle in.
She will stop eating also.
As long as you have white pistils and she is still eating regularly she is still flowering.
A couple weeks will help. :thumb:
And once the pistils have all darkened you can start scoping the trichomes with a loop. 30-60x if you have one. They're also very helpful for checking for bugs. The trichomes will go from clear (not ready) to cloudy (max thc and an 'up' high) to amber (more of a 'couchlock' effect). Then it's grower's choice on when to harvest depending on the effect you're after. I personally like more amber, but plenty of others like it more uplifting.

------

Another thing I think you should consider for your next grow is a SIP (sub irrigated planter). This is a grow pot with a built in water reservoir and air pocket for the roots. Makes correct watering almost foolproof and you get much bigger and healthier plants because if it.

There are a few threads going that are using them and we are having discussions on how they work, where to get them or how to build your own if you are so inclined.

Here's a couple of them if you want to follow along, but they are great for new growers:

Buds Buddy's grow

LKABudman's grow

Another alternative is to use @Bill284 's soil layering method with extra perlite found in his thread Here

Either approach will help you max out your plants' potentials with little extra input or effort. :Namaste:

And another thing that can help maximize yields for little extra effort is training. Personally I like Quadlining but there are several different approaches to consider.

I didnt It tried to hang in there but it ended up not making it learned alot an it made me do alot of studying
Ok, yeah, too bad. But a reveg on your first grow attempt is a pretty tall order. 'Deep end of the pool' stuff.

But, onward! You'll find your learning curve accelerates pretty fast if you want it to. I look back at where I was a year or two ago and am pretty amazed at the knowledge I've acquired. I think this is  the best growing forum on the net.

Do y'all recommend anything before the drying process like anything to prepare the plant for harvest or just keep watering an light like normal

Keep it rolling until she slows way down on drinking. Some growers do a flush at some point to help clear out excess nutes from the soil but that's usually spelled out in the instructions from the salt based nute line.

Alright sounds good I wait for it to start holding water then cut I have one that swollen an hairs turned orange an are curling up but I feel like it might still have about a week I'm just worried about waiting to long. I would know more with the magnifier but I don't have one yet

A scope or loop will be well worth the small outlay. The harvest window only begins when they stop drinking and all the pistils darken and then turn in. But that's way early in the window.

The trichome colors are the best way to dial it in and you can't do that with the naked eye.

Back
Top Bottom