need help

jmark1249

hello I have recently starting growing for the first time...my 2 girls have been growing for about 9 weeks now and to me they just seem like they are to small and are not progressing the way they should be..i need a little help on what to do to try to speed them up a little..

here are some photos not to good but maybe they will work

SSPX02321.jpg

SSPX02331.jpg

SSPX02311.jpg

yeah i know thats what i was thinking well im using 2 40w flour lights and for the soil i just recently found out that what im using is not to good but its mg moisture control and only nutes is coming from the soil and its around 75 degrees

i just recently topped both of them i really need some help on trying to speed the growth of these things up

How recently were they topped? Typically that type of pruning will slow them down for a bit. Make sure when or if you add nutes you account for the time released nitrogen in the MG if you keep the same soil. You don't wanna send them over the other side trying to pull them back up, if you know what i'm saying. Also you can certainly transplant them into new dirt if you like. I used MG to start all my grows and never seemed to have a problem until 60-90 days when it was depleted and had to transplant into bigger pots anyway.

Happy Growing

thanks for that info i have had to re soil them twice because of gnat problems ..i topped them about a week ago.. and put just a little bit of mg soil on top of what i already had in there ... should i still put nutes on them?

^ i would keep the same nute schedule as before topping since its pretty recent. it's easier and faster to fix nute deficiency's than it is to fix nute toxicity. let's see how they recover from losing there heads first.

those gnats come in the bags of dirt. theres lots of organisms in a bag of soil especially organics or non-heat treated dirt. they break down the compounds in it to nutes for the plant. if they are'nt noticeably harming the plants i leave them alone. weed has few harmful pests and some awesome defenses.

over-caring for them is the worst thing that can happen to them usually.

grow happy

they look a little stretched in the pictures. You might want to think about getting your light closer. Since you are using florescent lights you can get them very close to the plants without burning them. The closer the lights the more light energy the plant gets to use for photosynthesis.

no problem that's what this community is for.

You only need to worry about light distance because of heat. If you move to High Intensity Discharge (H.I.D.) lighting you will have higher temperatures but more light intensity, that would be the time to worry about distance.

you can and should keep your cfl's about 2 inches from the tops. the trick is to move enough air through those 2" as fast as possible. i had a 500wt cfl grow -4 random heavy hitterz to see setup- with lights over and under the plants cause of the 2 fans moving 30" of air combined away from the plants. ambient temps in the high 80's.

white paint works fine, foil is fine for small stuff like building reflectors for the cfl's but it's a bitch to cover a whole room with, and it rips if you bump it. i use omniflect which has a white mylar side and a shiny metel side it's $25 at htg supp., but you can get those emergency blankets at acadamy or somewhere else for a buck or two and they work great.

Back
Top Bottom