need help

i got another question how much should i be watering them because everyone keeps talking about runoff but when i water i dont water then till water runs out the bottom????? but i do water every other day at about a cup at a time maybe more ???

When I am feeling out a new plant, I like to wait till the soil feels almost dry when I stick my finger in one of the holes in the bottom of the pot. I learned that way based on the thought that the soil up top can dry out really fast from lights, fans, etc. Some people try to learn the feel of the pot, meaning when they sense it is "light", they add water. Other people add a fixed amount until the plant protest, then they figure out if they are too wet or too dry. Still others like the moisture meters. If you go that route, by one with a long probe and test 3 or 4 spots in the pot to make sure you have a good average. Sometimes you can hit a wet or dry pocket in the soil and throw off the meter readings. I water until the water does start to seep out the bottom, sometimes a little more if I am testing the run-off water to see how the feedings are going.

Good Luck

well guys im back for an update... i have some good news and some bad news ...the good news is that one of my babies is a girl yaaa!!!!! but the bad news is is that one if them is a boy... Boooo ... i just re potted the girl into a bigger pot with better soil and go ride of the mg soil. i am about 1 week into flowering and the only problem that i seem to be having is that the stems on the fan leaves and its starting on the main stem its turning a purplish color., i have done a little research on it and i started checking the ph and fixed that problem.... but a read that it could possibly be a potassium problem.. any ideas or suggestions???????? Thanks

glad to hear that things are better. Im a little confused...you said that the ph was the problem but yet wonder if its K problem??

ok. what kind of ph problem? I don't know that the purple is a problem. I see that all the time on my girls and they are very healthy. Maybe someone else can comment?

I see purple stems on every plant I grow. Perhaps it's a indicator of a deficiency, but it doesn't seem to be a major issue in my grows. I don't concern myself with the purple stems at all.

What are you doing to adjust your PH?
You seem to be watering allot. I let my pots dry out all the way between waterings. I sometimes lift the containers a bit to judge the weight as an indicator of water content. Watering isn't a scheduled thing in my garden. I water when they need it. You'll find that your plants will pull allot more moisture from the soil as they grow bigger.

Cheers

jmark, congrats on your grow and it's progress, but do you have a separate grow journal or are you turning this FAQ thread into your grow journal? You might get more exposure in that section. If you have one already, though, throw me a link!

My first (and only) grow, back in 2004, looked a bit worse than your first pics. I was only using one flourescent fixture, two bulbs, horizontally, for 3 plants. They were all very thin and the buds were tiny. I didn't know what I was doing and didn't have any help in the process, so I guess I was glad to have something in the end...but it was not what I was expecting for sure. Now its 2009, I've been reading a lot on the topic and I think that with the help of the good people here, grow #2 is going to kick ass!

So good luck to you, too...and +reps for doing it! :grinjoint:

whats going on fellow growers i am just updating everyone who is looking at this or has been with me from the beginning of my first problems and who has helped me i am going to upload the recent pictures that i just took of my baby girl... i am very satisfied with the results so far with it being my first grow thanks for all who has helped and anyone who has taken to time to check out my pictures

here are my updated pics i am going to post better ones tomorrow because it has started budding but you just cant see it in those pics

SSPX02571.jpg

bud_shot_nov_21.jpg

mid_shot_11_21.jpg

This is at nine weeks????

I used {MG} soil and nutes here are mine at 6 weeks.
002249.JPG

I would invest in more lights and as stated above lower ur lights. cfl's work great I have seen alot of grows with people useing them here on 420. They are not as hot as HPS or MH and can be placed much lower to ur plant. This is my 1st grow so that's my two cents.

:peace: & Love from the Glove

My 1st grow

Back
Top Bottom