Need some help please.

Minus

Hey all :ciao:,I seem to have a problem.Let me start by first telling you what happened so far.
The plant was in a 10 gal. container since feb.
I took bud from it and then put outside in may to reveg.
All was going well up until two days ago when I noticed this yellowing.
I transplanted it from the 10gal. yesterday into the grownd as I wanted to see the roots also.
It wasn't bound but it was on it's way.
This pic is from today,1 day after transplant.
I'm guessing maybe a zinc deficiency but I don't want to screw the pooch on this girl.
That being said what do you think the problem may be? :hmmmm:

DSCF1729.JPG

I would suspect shock. Probably from going from different soil conditions. You might try some B1 antishock mix. I would try giving it some Miracid for about 2 weeks and see if she perks up.

Ok,you may have misunderstood.The yellowing started before transplant.I transplanted because I wanted to make sure it wasn't rootbound.It was actually an easy transplant too.About the new soil it's in,along with the 50lbs that it already had,the soil is very fertile.The surrounding area has been farmed organically for many years.
Anyway,not shock,any other ideas?

Ok,after looking at it a bit more I'm beginning to believe it's a sulfur deficiency,not zinc.
The symptoms for sulfur deficiency are exactly what is happening to my girl.
From the solution section it looks as though epsom salt is the treatment.
All thoughts and ideas are welcome as I don't want her to die.Thanks! ;)

Thanks Pan!Yeah I hit her with epsom salt about 2 hrs ago,4tsp to 2gal water.Hydrogen peroxide eh?What ratio should I mix?Thanks man. ;)

Great!Thanks man.I'll let ya know how she does in a week or so. ;)

Ok,sorry so long for update.I wasn't really sure she was going to recover so I waited.
What I did three times after I flushed was mix two tablespoons epsom salt,two tablespoons hydrogen peroxide 3%,and a high nitrogen fertilizer with 2.5 gallons of water.
Watered at the base.The plant got much worse to begin with as the deficiency was already rampant.
I trimmed almost all of the dying growth last week before I treated for the last time.
Many of the yellowing growth had gone almost white and got brittle.
As of today she has bounced back nicely.The new growth is green and lush,pistils everywhere.
I believe all the problems were caused by being in the 10 gallon pot too long.
Since the transplant and the treatment she is doing well and I suspect I will have a very large harvest from this girl come october.
I will post some update pics as soon as I can.A friend has the camera at the moment.
Thank you all for the quick responses and suggestions.This is my #1 go to site on the net for good reason! ;)

I transplanted it from the 10gal. yesterday into the grownd as I wanted to see the roots also.
Omg,grownd.......Lol,I just caught this.Not a big deal but I am anal about spelling errors when they're mine.:rollingeyes:

Minus thanks for sharing this situation with us to respond to. I'm with you with regards to this sight and the info that is available. One more thing to do when deficiencies show up in these girls is to foliar feed, it gets to the problem area faster, shortest distance thing. And excellent call by pan4gold49 with the three step treatment. Superthrive was made for this. Looking forward to pics. Never Stop.

Minus thanks for sharing this situation with us to respond to. I'm with you with regards to this sight and the info that is available. One more thing to do when deficiencies show up in these girls is to foliar feed, it gets to the problem area faster, shortest distance thing. And excellent call by pan4gold49 with the three step treatment. Superthrive was made for this. Looking forward to pics. Never Stop.

Yeah man,I love this site and love it when I get responses to a problem I may be having.420Mag so rocks! :thanks:

My camera is still MIA but I will post pics of my completely healed girl as soon as I'm able.She's looking so beautiful and bushy,she's grown alot since I posted this query.
Can't wait to share some pics! ;)
:peace:

Ok,here she is all healed up!Thanks for the help all! ;)

DSCF1756.JPG

Back
Top Bottom