I’m stumped: is it Zinc deficiency?

CharlieWaffles

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help. I’m stumped because to me it doesn’t really look like a zinc deficiency as it’s all over the leaves. And I thought zinc deficiency was generally in the tips turning them brown. I’m also stumped because I’m doing everything the same as I’ve done it for the last three grows, the only difference being slightly more perlite this run, and I haven’t had a deficiency in ages. Week 11 from sprout and week two from when they started flowering. One is Afghan Kush rider and the other is Skunk. If it’s not a zinc deficiency what could it be? Tia.

F4706AA0-EE73-4749-867F-1CE5423EC651.jpeg

A20B3698-5D45-4183-BF73-929297084E35.jpeg

7DEC7209-7CA2-4ED3-8242-51C6229915E8.jpeg

F77FC915-5D76-442F-9636-A8DB82A1551D.jpeg

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help. I’m stumped because to me it doesn’t really look like a zinc deficiency as it’s all over the leaves. And I thought zinc deficiency was generally in the tips turning them brown. I’m also stumped because I’m doing everything the same as I’ve done it for the last three grows, the only difference being slightly more perlite this run, and I haven’t had a deficiency in ages. Week 11 from sprout and week two from when they started flowering. One is Afghan Kush rider and the other is Skunk. If it’s not a zinc deficiency what could it be? Tia.

F4706AA0-EE73-4749-867F-1CE5423EC651.jpeg

A20B3698-5D45-4183-BF73-929297084E35.jpeg

7DEC7209-7CA2-4ED3-8242-51C6229915E8.jpeg

F77FC915-5D76-442F-9636-A8DB82A1551D.jpeg
Good afternoon Charlie :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
It's common for soil to run out of steam 2nd week of flower.
Some nutrients at 6.3 ph would help.
But I'm just guessing as you didn't give any details.
Until we know what is going on we can't accurately diagnose the issues. :Namaste:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

JMO,

To much light, might be a heat issue, but also, good old mag and phosphorus, potassium. Your tips dont have a zinc deficiant signs. I think she just hungry for the light she is getting.

Until we know what is going on we can't accurately diagnose the issues. :Namaste:

Bill284

Bill284
Hey @Bill284 and @Emilya and @Mayne
They’re currently getting the recommended dose of Advanced Nutrients, same line I’ve been using since I started a couple years ago, Micro Grow Bloom 500 ppm 6.1-6.2 PH + cal mag on alternate feed water feed water cycle approx every 4 days right now. 3 litres per watering. Medium is ProMix HP M. Viparspectra xs2000 at 20” height at 40% power. I thought I was doing everything the same as I’ve always done with good success but something is off this time.

They’re currently getting the recommended dose of Advanced Nutrients, same line I’ve been using since I started a couple years ago, Micro Grow Bloom 500 ppm 6.1-6.2 PH + cal mag on alternate feed water feed water cycle approx every 4 days right now. 3 litres per watering. Medium is ProMix HP M. Viparspectra xs2000 at 20” height at 40% power. I thought I was doing everything the same as I’ve always done with good success but something is off this time.
I know you say it has worked for you in the past but I don't have a clue what the ppm level should be in whatever water you are using. The AN chart that I am looking at shows an ever increasing amount of micro grow and bloom each week of the grow, but it is not given in PPM, it is given in a soil dosage of milliliter or tsp/gal. It sounds like you are giving the same amount each time, and that may be the problem, that you are underfeeding. Some plants are hungrier than others, especially those with great roots. From my hydro days I would think that 500 ppm would be a fairly low nute load, so I suspect that you are underfeeding. That certainly would fit in with what my eyes are telling me here.

Couple things promix hp isn't soil , ph should be 5.8.
Also it's hydrophobic so when you let it dry it repels water.
So the first litre is wasted when watering.
Don't let it dry out.
Calmag goes in your plain water first mix well wait 15 minutes then nutrients fill strength according to schedule then set ph last to 5.8.
Your way too low your ppms should be 1000 to 1200 right now.
Turn that light up go 10 % at a time till you reach 100% without a problem.
They need food and light and more of it.

Bill284

Couple things promix hp isn't soil , ph should be 5.8.
Also it's hydrophobic so when you let it dry it repels water.
So the first litre is wasted when watering.
Don't let it dry out.
Calmag goes in your plain water first mix well wait 15 minutes then nutrients fill strength according to schedule then set ph last to 5.8.
Your way too low your ppms should be 1000 to 1200 right now.
Turn that light up go 10 % at a time till you reach 100% without a problem.

Bill284
I think AN adjusts its own pH... but yeah

Back
Top Bottom